Bachmann revised OO Class 150/1

lapford34102

• RMweb Premium

In terms of running qualities, how do Bachmann's single motor bogie DMU's compare to the old-style 150 chassis? Are they just as good?

If not then I'm wondering whether now is the time we should start snapping up the old ones while they last!

The 4CEP, is a pretty good runner, and thats a single motorised bogie, so with only 2 cars to haul instead of 4, thatd probably be a good replacement for the older 150s, Have they replaced that awful coupling between the cars?

NL 

The 4CEP, is a pretty good runner, and thats a single motorised bogie, so with only 2 cars to haul instead of 4, thatd probably be a good replacement for the older 150s, Have they replaced that awful coupling between the cars?

NL 

Which is ironic because the one on the MPV is very effective and RealTrack have shown what 'can' be done!

• RMweb Premium

The original 150 chassis was quite good until anything got in the way of the sliding pickups from the bogie to chassis.

I've replaced all mine with hard wired links.

Cheers,

Mick

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just had an email from a well known RTR purveyor informing me that the Northern 150/2 might be delivered between Sept and Oct 2014.

Cheers,

Mick

And latest update is now stating December 2014-January 2015 as potential delivery.

Cheers,

Mick

Mine from Hattons today says...

We thought you may like to know that an item you have asked us to notify when it arrives into stock, has had some information about its release date added or updated.

Bachmann Branchline 32-927 Class 150/1 2 car DMU 150128 in First Great Western livery. RRP withdrawn by Bachmann so price estimated - we will notify you if price rises & offer option to cancel £110.46

Our latest information from the supplier suggests this item will arrive with us between November 2014 & December 2014

Whilst we are hopeful this information is accurate, manufacturer lead times are frequently prone to be delayed. This information is to be used as a guide only.

We hope that this email has been useful.

I'm just wondering what the prices may now be though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

That's the same as the plain blue class 101

Thought they would be more considering the complex livery

Can't say I've seen price differences for liveries (BICBW). Except maybe for limited edition stuff.

Cheers,

Mick

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi. Further to last night's post, I've received the revised 150/1, and here are some photo's I've taken of it - on my layout - (Have not added any of the detail parts as yet):

Here's the three-quarter front view:

post-22631-0-22779900-1418336822_thumb.jpg

A side view so you can see how the motor enclosure is on this revised model:

post-22631-0-78889500-1418336888_thumb.jpg

A view of a trailer bogie to show the wiper pick-ups:

post-22631-0-46269700-1418336969_thumb.jpg

Finally, an attempt to show the revised seating - from 3+3 to the correct 2+3:

post-22631-0-27044500-1418337032_thumb.jpg

I hope that these photo's help to show some of the revisions that Bachmann have carried out on this model.

All the best,

Market65.

Still dont get why the motor needs to be so big.... it still blocks off half a coach and given the improvements it draws your attention to the area you cant see through. Especially around the doors.

Bachmann have made the MPV which can fit into its own size and scope, so I would think a unit model like the Realtrains 144 would be possible with Bachmann, where the motor is more hidden. Its a shame given Bachmann have obviously tried to put things right, but this to me looks like a shot at goal, and hits the side netting.