Dapol 2014/15 Catalogue

rembrow

I've just read on the Dapol site that a new product catalogue covering items in 2014/15 is to be released at Ally Pally this weekend. The catalogue will be 130 pages. There is no indication whether any new products will be announced, however with so many still outstanding it is probably unlikely, but will hopefully clarify what products from the last catalogue are going forward

One hopes that all the previously announce models are in there. Looking foward to seeing what changes have been made to address the wheelbase vs superstructure 'non sequitur' in some of  those O gauge announcements at Telford. This must be the progress promised 'early in the new year'.   At least the date is close, not dragged out for 6 months like last time.

Hi garden wall,

Sorry I didn't ask, so can't tell.

I was more 'interested' in progress of the OO and N and the new models.............very interesting on both counts!

Better not say anymore or I'll be in trouble ;-)

One hopes that all the previously announce models are in there. Looking foward to seeing what changes have been made to address the wheelbase vs superstructure 'non sequitur' in some of  those O gauge announcements at Telford. This must be the progress promised 'early in the new year'.   At least the date is close, not dragged out for 6 months like last time.

Agreed, but as an '00' gauge modeller, although there were recent updates on progress for the motorised models (Cl 73,121,122 etc) there has been no info on progress with the proposed wagons from the 2012/13 catalogue since Dave Jones left Dapol. Most if not all of these were his developments covering infrastructure and heavy haulage types, fitting in well with Bachmann products covering the 70s onwards eras.  

• RMweb Gold

Might be worth the stroll up the hill at the weekend to take a look. Most of what I have been reading about Dapol recently has been rather negative, so it would be great to see things picking up again.

Dave, I can understand that you would not want to give away details now you are no longer part of the team but can you advise if the new items were on the radar during your time at Dapol or if they are products devised by the new team?

I was just curious as to what direction they may be taking in regards to new products

Mark

Dave, I can understand that you would not want to give away details now you are no longer part of the team but can you advise if the new items were on the radar during your time at Dapol or if they are products devised by the new team?

I was just curious as to what direction they may be taking in regards to new products

Mark

Hi Mark,

Nope nothing from 'my watch'.

Cheers

Dave

Missing Ally Pally this year (Off to a prog-rock festival in Darkest Wales). Dapol are sounding like a band who have just lost their lead singist....

I thought it was loss of the drummer that led to the downfall of a band ;)

anyway this now has my interest and I am suitably frothed up. I wonder whats on the horizon now then????

something in N and 00 eh?

And will it include anything more than images of prototypes rather than actual models.

So the Manor will be out in April and I shall be pre-ordering (I might knock Dapol, but I do buy their products) but it was an existing tooling. We've had plenty of Halls, A4s and A3s plus a smattering of Panniers, let's see some of the other promised stuff.

I'll be happy if the BR design of the GWR siphon G appears, so I can stick a few in my parcels trains behind my westerns to complete the fleet. They're the last major parcels vehicle we're missing in N gauge now, especially us WR modellers! (the Lima one doesn't count...)

I'll be happy if the BR design of the GWR siphon G appears, so I can stick a few in my parcels trains behind my westerns to complete the fleet. They're the last major parcels vehicle we're missing in N gauge now, especially us WR modellers! (the Lima one doesn't count...)

Benn the siphon G has been about for years from Dapol. They have recently done another run with NEM pockets on them too around warley time.

DJM Dave, are they outside from the Class 68 which is semi announced? As then it does get exciting!

Hi,

Yes they are and they don't use diesel, petrol or electricity to get going either. I know I'm a big tease.

Oh, and they are locomotives of a coal burning, not turf burning etc variety ;-)

Benn the siphon G has been about for years from Dapol. They have recently done another run with NEM pockets on them too around warley time.

Original bodied ones only so far mate, not the BR rebuilds which survived into blue until the mid 70s.

Archived