Dapol 2014/15 Catalogue

rembrow

Single livery and they are behind on several other projects so I think that it is unlikely we will see a G in blue.

Catalogue thudded onto my hallway floor this morning.   No blue syphons (though there are 16 each of G and H to choose from) .  If you want BR blue you can have a CCT (2F-047-007) or a Fruit D (2F-014-003 or 2F-014-007)

Nice J72 in N- just what I need.  New coreless motor inside it.  Hopefully it will hake more than just the DCX75N decoder it claims....

All the very best

Les

My copy arrived also today. A very professional and weighty volume of 132 pages.

Listed as new in N are: J72, Grange, BoB/West Country, Schools, Manor, Class 33, Class 68, Class 50, Class 59, disc Class 22, Class 142, Mk 3 TGS, IOA wagon, HIA hopper, MJA twin box, JNA box.

New in OO: LSWR B4, Class 21/29, Class 73, Class 68, GWR Diesel Railcar, Class 121/122, HIA, MJA, IDA super low 45 flats, Turbot.

New in O: Terrier, Class 08, milk and SR pillbox, HEA And HAA hoppers, 10ft wheelbase wagons and vans.

Not convinced that the M7, 45XX and Ivatt will have new chassis it does not say new chassis and the tungsten chassis may have been asumed. These are being done at a special price so does not suggest any work being done on them. It also refers to detailed body and tender which is odd for 3 tank loco's.

My copy arrived also today. A very professional and weighty volume of 132 pages.

Listed as new in N are: J72, Grange, BoB/West Country, Schools, Manor, Class 33, Class 68, Class 50, Class 59, disc Class 22, Class 142, Mk 3 TGS, IOA wagon, HIA hopper, MJA twin box, JNA box.

New in OO: LSWR B4, Class 21/29, Class 73, Class 68, GWR Diesel Railcar, Class 121/122, HIA, MJA, IDA super low 45 flats, Turbot.

New in O: Terrier, Class 08, milk and SR pillbox, HEA And HAA hoppers, 10ft wheelbase wagons and vans.

In OO gauge, has the BBA Steel Coil Carrier been dropped, as that was new in the last catalogue with the HIA,MJA and Turbot

Doesn't appear to be any mention or pic of those steel carriers. It already looks like a very optimistic plan.

Whilst reading thru with a cuppa I also noticed a new range of 2, 3 & 4 aspect colour light signals in N and OO. Sorry I don't know how much of the new is actually new new. I can't keep up with all the planned stuff from all the companies, not just Dapol.

The accessories section is very interesting. It says N and OO containers in 20ft, 40ft and 45ft are now being made in the UK which means Dapol is going to produce a much greater variety in the coming months to reflect demand. Many more liveries will be made available. Argos and Malcolm are pictured.

Good news for Warren Lane?

Anyone with the new catalogue able to confirm if there are any planned reruns of existing models in new liveries?

I was particularly hoping they'd be up for doing the new London transport museum liveried gbrf 66's, especially considering their track record with other specials. These ones might be a step too far in N though!

New catenary bits sound interesting too.

Cheers

Ash

Anyone with the new catalogue able to confirm if there are any planned reruns of existing models in new liveries?

Loco Re-runs:

GWR Pannier Tank - 4 more versions

GWR 2884 Class - 4 more versions

Britannia - 5 more versions, plus a re-run of both Cromwell and Britannia

LNER A4 - 4 more versions

B17 Liverpool wartime black

B17 Liverpool BR early crest

B17 Royal Sovereign LNER apple green.

SR Q1 - 2 more versions

BR 9F - 5 more versions (Inc Evening star re-run)

GWR Manor - 4 more versions (Upgraded to be DCC Ready)

GWR 45XX - 4 more versions

LMS Ivatt 2-6-2T - 4 more versions

LSWR M7 - 4 more versions

Class 22 - 3 more versions

Class 52 - 8 more versions!

Class 56 - 5 more versions

Class 35 Hymek - 4 more powered versions, 2 Dummy

Class 66 - 4 more versions

Class 67 - Arriva Bookset

HST - 4 more versions

Class 122 - 2 more versions

153 Northern Trans Pennine

153 Central Trains

153 London Midland

Class 156 - 2 more versions

Coaching stock:

Full Details for Maunsell Coaches announced

Re-run of Chocolate/Cream Colletts

Re-run of Carmine/Cream Gresleys

Loco Re-runs:

GWR Pannier Tank - 4 more versions

GWR 2884 Class - 4 more versions

Britannia - 5 more versions, plus a re-run of both Cromwell and Britannia

LNER A4 - 4 more versions

B17 Liverpool wartime black

B17 Liverpool BR early crest

B17 Royal Sovereign LNER apple green.

SR Q1 - 2 more versions

BR 9F - 5 more versions (Inc Evening star re-run)

GWR Manor - 4 more versions (Upgraded to be DCC Ready)

GWR 45XX - 4 more versions

LMS Ivatt 2-6-2T - 4 more versions

LSWR M7 - 4 more versions

Class 22 - 3 more versions

Class 52 - 8 more versions!

Class 56 - 5 more versions

Class 35 Hymek - 4 more powered versions, 2 Dummy

Class 66 - 4 more versions

Class 67 - Arriva Bookset

HST - 4 more versions

Class 122 - 2 more versions

153 Northern Trans Pennine

153 Central Trains

153 London Midland

Class 156 - 2 more versions

Coaching stock:

Full Details for Maunsell Coaches announced

Re-run of Chocolate/Cream Colletts

Re-run of Carmine/Cream Gresleys

Sounds great, thanks for going to the effort to type that up. Are you able to elaborate on the ones I've boldified (is that a word?!)  , or does it not give any further detail?

One thing I have noticed, in the past there would have been a run through of the items in the catalogue by Andy.  Nothing this year, is it a case that Andy is busy at Ally Pally and something will be forthcoming or have Dapol not shared anything other than to sell the catalogue.

If it is the latter then I am disappointed as it shows they are still not communicating with their customers like they did only 12 months ago.

It'd be a shame if the BBA was dropped, I was looking forward to that to add variety to a trainload of Bachmann BAA's

I suppose that's the reason it was dropped, with Bachmann producing 2 runs of the BAA in 3 liveries each, but they would have complemented each other. There is more sense that they've dropped the proposed Blue Spot fish van, with Hornby getting there first

One thing I have noticed, in the past there would have been a run through of the items in the catalogue by Andy.  Nothing this year, is it a case that Andy is busy at Ally Pally and something will be forthcoming or have Dapol not shared anything other than to sell the catalogue.

If it is the latter then I am disappointed as it shows they are still not communicating with their customers like they did only 12 months ago.

They seem to have been very secretive to most of the hobby, apart from Hornby mag, who released details this morning. I found it on Dapol's website, my local dealer (Dapol stockist) knew nothing about it and was surprised to receive a complementary catalogue in the post today, so it may have had little advance publicity. As far as this site is concerned, Dapol don't seem to be speaking to us any more, which is a great shame, even to the extent that they've made no comment in winning the OO gauge diesel model of the year (Western Class 52), with the most votes cast being from RMweb members.

• RMweb Gold

Hi there,

To be fair, I think Dapol have sent their catalogue to most of the press - certainly Model Rail received a copy too.

I imagine Dapol may be weighing up their presence on social media and trying to determine what route to take. The positives of a healthy engagement are the superlative job done on the Western, where Dave Jones, who designed that loco before he left, engaged with knowledgeable RM webbers to optimise the CAD drawing before metal was cut.

The negative is that with a new team, lots of catching up to do, and amid criticism of delays to already announced models, maybe spending time here (and engaging properly *does* take time) is not a priority....

Cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

Some of the items in the catalogue have been and gone e.g. the 122s - does this mean there will be more?  If not then they have filled a catalogue with old items to pad it out.

Hello Woodenhead,

I did wonder about that.  However, it may be that either these items are still in stock at Dapol, or at their retailers, but either way still regarded as "current."  The catalogue clearly marks "new" items; suggesting others are not new but still widely available and part of the range.

My neighbour possibly represents the "rump" of the market:  He collects BR Blue/Grey era models, hardly ever looks on the internet and buys most of his models from a local shop.

I suspect were he buying a catalogue he'd want it for reference, as well as to learn about new items.

cheers

Ben A.

Archived