Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Track-Shack.com

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#226 New Haven Neil

New Haven Neil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 13 September 2017 - 17:44

Slowly healing!  More surgery in February.  It's a 2 year job :-(

• Friendly/Supportive x 2

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#227 J50

J50

Registered Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham

Posted 13 September 2017 - 18:29

I do the majority of my model rail shopping with trackshack as they are brilliant all round fast postage and great communication and customer service.
  • Thanks x 1

#228 Shroomy

Shroomy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationPlaxtol

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:26

Slowly healing!  More surgery in February.  It's a 2 year job :-(

Oh gawd they were right about you Neil you do like to habit the job out then lol
Good luck with the recovery

#229 New Haven Neil

New Haven Neil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 14 September 2017 - 20:14

Oh gawd they were right about you Neil you do like to habit the job out then lol
Good luck with the recovery

Ta.  I like to do a proper job.....luckily the surgeons do also!  It's all the bike racers....lots of interest for orthopaedic surgeons!

#230 alexross42

alexross42

Registered Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 13:07

Had confirmation of dispatch of my package yesterday less than 2.5 hours after placing the order - incredible!

Meanwhile with another large and well known supplier I'm still waiting for my order to be picked 5 days after placing it, despite querying it's status with them twice....

• Thanks x 1

#231 shortliner

shortliner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,011 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 16:06

Had confirmation of dispatch of my package yesterday less than 2.5 hours after placing the order - incredible!
Meanwhile with another large and well known supplier I'm still waiting for my order to be picked 5 days after placing it, despite querying it's status with them twice....

I ordered a couple of bridge kits this afternoon from an entirely different supplier, and was astounded to get an email one hour and two minutes later informing me they had been despatched - the sort of service that is common with some USA suppliers but astonishing from a Brit one! Re you large supplier, I wonder if they are awaiting its arrival, having advertised, but not stocked, the item - which appears to be common-place here.

#232 alexross42

alexross42

Registered Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 17:21

I ordered a couple of bridge kits this afternoon from an entirely different supplier, and was astounded to get an email one hour and two minutes later informing me they had been despatched - the sort of service that is common with some USA suppliers but astonishing from a Brit one! Re you large supplier, I wonder if they are awaiting its arrival, having advertised, but not stocked, the item - which appears to be common-place here.

Wow that is fast! I wondered the same and casually enquired about the nature of the delay (wondering if perhaps it was payment clearing related) but was told they'd had a slight delay in their processes but that even so it shouldn't have taken this long to pick the order....maybe it was accidentally overlooked?

#233 New Haven Neil

New Haven Neil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 15 September 2017 - 18:57

Just to be clear - we won't sell anything we don't have in stock (other than the odd error in stock - very occasional, or replacements for defective stock we have sold out of), other than G scale pre-orders (which is how that market works).  The website won't let you buy something we don't have in stock - live stock control.  It's only fair, in our minds that this should be the case. 

• Agree x 1
  • Like x 1

#234 shortliner

shortliner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,011 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:40

Just to be clear - we won't sell anything we don't have in stock (other than the odd error in stock - very occasional, or replacements for defective stock we have sold out of), other than G scale pre-orders (which is how that market works).  The website won't let you buy something we don't have in stock - live stock control.  It's only fair, in our minds that this should be the case.

Can I just point out that I am in no way denigrating Trackshacks service, indeed I have dealt with their helpful lady on an earlier occasion - I was only commenting on the service from another supplier, who are apparently believers in good service too
  • Friendly/Supportive x 1

#235 New Haven Neil

New Haven Neil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:08

Can I just point out that I am in no way denigrating Trackshacks service, indeed I have dealt with their helpful lady on an earlier occasion - I was only commenting on the service from another supplier, who are apparently believers in good service too

No suggestion that you were, Jack - far from it!  I just wanted to take the opportunity to point out that we don't work in that manner, except in rare and pre-arranged circumstances.  We consider it to be fair to sell only what we actually have.

Jane is a star, she has really learned so much about the hobby in the short time she has been with us manning the 'front line'.

• Like x 1