Track-Shack.com

Kris

• RMweb Gold

Like everyone else I'm blown away by the service.

Ordered yesterday afternoon at a price with which I am more than happy.

Great communication and parcel has just arrived.

South Africa 51 - 7.

Doesn't get much better really.

• Like 1

Like everyone else I'm blown away by the service.

Ordered yesterday afternoon at a price with which I am more than happy.

Great communication and parcel has just arrived.

South Africa 51 - 7.

Doesn't get much better really.

We  won!!

Question....is Broad's delivery as quick as The Track Shack's ?

We are going off topic  here,  but  trying to  answer  that  question  I think  that in terms  of  consistency  Broad's delivery is  probably not  as consistently   as  fast  as  Track-Shaks, Which when you consider that  the company is not located on the  mainland  but  on   an  island  is pretty  good

Edited by Stevelewis

• RMweb Gold

I think the Out if Stock message may prove a bit of a stumbling block. Unless that means you have just bought the last.

It saved me from a fate worse than death had I bought it and TrackShack not camouflaged the package with Next or M&S labels and put it in a box shaped like a loco! I hope someone on here benefitted from the good price.

• 2 weeks later...

I  received  another  delivery  from  Track-Shak  this  week  PECO  SM32  track work  for the  new  project 2 big  boxes,  packed  amongst the track  was  a bright  yellow/Red box  containing  a  Hornby J15 :O ,  In my opinion  one  of  Hornby's  best  ever  production in terms of  performance  and  detail, cheapest price around.

My order  was placed  around 1-00PM  arrived next  day  at  8-00AM

I was  most impressed by the little green stickers on the outside of the parcels  Manx Post  Office 'Cleared to Fly'

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I  received  another  delivery  from  Track-Shak  this  week  PECO  SM32  track work  for the  new  project 2 big  boxes,  packed  amongst the track  was  a bright  yellow/Red box  containing  a  Hornby J15 :O ,  In my opinion  one  of  Hornby's  best  ever  production in terms of  performance  and  detail, cheapest price around.

My order  was placed  around 1-00PM  arrived next  day  at  8-00AM

I was  most impressed by the little green stickers on the outside of the parcels  Manx Post  Office 'Cleared to Fly'

Yes Steve, our mail flies!  Our Isle of Man Post service flies mail into the Midlands hub early each evening, and it is generally the first mail in as the hub opens - hence the great postal links. If the mail went on the boat it would take another day to be delivered.  All mail flying nowadays needs the little green dot.  Or indeed a red one if it contains things that are banned from air mail packages - none of which we sell!

Thanks again for your order, funny how those J15's slip in, the same thing happened here....the twin flywheel drive is indeed Hornby's best ever in my opinion too.

• Like 1

Yes Steve, our mail flies!  Our Isle of Man Post service flies mail into the Midlands hub early each evening, and it is generally the first mail in as the hub opens - hence the great postal links. If the mail went on the boat it would take another day to be delivered.  All mail flying nowadays needs the little green dot.  Or indeed a red one if it contains things that are banned from air mail packages - none of which we sell!

Thanks again for your order, funny how those J15's slip in, the same thing happened here....the twin flywheel drive is indeed Hornby's best ever in my opinion too.

Interesting  to  think  that  my  orders  from  Track shak  actually get  within  4 or  5  miles of  our  address  THE SAME DAY AS I ORDER as  they  pass overhead-ish at  around 20.000 feet  on  their  way to  the  hub in the  Midlands  I often observe the flights  on www.planefinder.net

Ordered a Jubilee from them, £40 cheaper than anywhere else and it came the next day with first class post.  The only problem was that one buffer fell off in the post but this was fixed pretty quickly with some glue.

Very happy with them!

Edited by GWR8700

Getting into the hub fiirst has nothing to do with it, it still has to be sorted and then put on another lorry to be flown or driven to the onward mail centre, where it is again sorted and taken to the local delivery office.

Royal Mail has gradually moved all it's hubs away from rail and nearer to airports, so in theory this should happen to all First Class parcels, a lot also depends on whether you get it to your local Post Office before the last parcel collection, which is around 5pm, but depending on the route could be 5:30pm.

A lot also depends on the type of service, if it is sent 24hr Tracked, then those parcels get accelerated through the service to arrive next day.

These days when people get delays in the post, I'm sorry to say but 9/10 times it's not down to the way RM deal with the parcels.

• RMweb Premium

A little correction, if I may.  It's not Royal Mail collection here, Graham - Isle of Man Post is a separate organisation. We aren't part of the UK or in the EU.

Our packets (not parcels) and Special Deliveries are collected from TrackShack just before 5pm by IoM Post vans, sorted in Douglas and then and go direct to the airport, leaving about 1830 hrs I think.  Therefore I'm sure they are sorted in the Midlands quite early in the evening's processes there.  Regardless of the process, our first class packets (no second class post exists here either) manage next day delivery 99% of the time without resorting to SD.  IoM Post is an efficient organisation, and so is TrackShack!

If there are delays, it is usually because our mail plane hasn't flown, either because of mechanical issues or very occasionally severe weather.  Not a frequent issue, but occasionally it does happen.

Edit to add I agree strongly with your last sentence!

Edited by New Haven Neil
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

4 or 5 orders placed with track shack now and by far the quickest, well packed and slickest transactions to be had. Also generally really great prices.

Many thanks.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ordered some track and points Friday lunch time. Email to say it was dispatched that afternoon and a knock on the door from the postman Saturday morning. Brilliant service at a very competitive price.

Will be returning, thanks

Ordered some track and points Friday lunch time. Email to say it was dispatched that afternoon and a knock on the door from the postman Saturday morning. Brilliant service at a very competitive price.

Will be returning, thanks

And  sometimes  we   forget  that  TRACK SHAK's location   is  not  even  part  of  the  UK!!!

I have  had   a few  deliveries  of  large  scale  stuff recently,  very  big  boxes  but  always  arrive  next  day, :imsohappy:

Edited by Stevelewis

Ordered another item from Track-Shack's On-Line Shop yesterday at 13.21pm and the package arrived today (in spite of the snow in West Yorkshire) at 11.30am.

First Class Quality Service from John once again.

Dave

Edited by DWS

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I 'tested' TS yesterday morning with a random and quite challenging order for quite substantial numbers of point motor equipment and fittings (and a couple more points).

This morning everything on that list arrived first thing. That is just amazing service. I suspected somethings would be 'to follow', but nope, here they are.

Well done that offshore Company.

Phil 

• Like 2