The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Days when you know why you live in the British Isles

That still leaves the mystery of the banana!

Don

I suspect she pulled it away from the window frame so it would get more sun to ripen it (after I had raised the Venetian blind).

Perhaps all women are alike and just have to move everything (like having the last word). I scribbled on the shopping pad 'Tea bags' upon which she opened a cupboard where they have never ever been kept since time began and said "so what are them".  I simply replied I am only the bloody lodger!.   :swoon:

• Like 1

I wonder if the bells would work for some of our Australian station (ranch if you are American) owners! 25 hectares would probably be the size of their verandahs!  :jester: 

Seriously, some of the outback stations over here are the size of England.

Edited by SRman
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Northumerland. My happy place. 

I was foiled somewhat by the weather, not that it was a big surprise in Northumberland at this time of year, last week whilst on holiday but still managed to get a couple of flights in to capture some footage. 

I love this part of the country. It does seem much busier than when we used to holiday frequently up here in the 90's so perhaps the secret is out, in which case, this place is awful, please don't visit............

post-1467-0-75267800-1508409595_thumb.jpg

Tom. 

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Still my most favourite place on the whole planet, so many happy memories of family holidays there in the 60's when it was a lot quieter. Still go back from time to time but as you say, it's a lot busier these days and is the worse for it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The farmer needs something like this ??

attachicon.gif19429808_256284218184057_3779254366706996944_n.jpg

I could cope with all of those, what would drive me up the wall would be the American spelling. 

The pills have now kicked in. 

post-16840-0-98874400-1508529435_thumb.jpg

Upper Wharfedale, above Hubberholme. 

A slight relapse, two photos taken nearby and less than 60 seconds apart, showing the difference in colours on an April day depending whether the sun's out or not. 

post-16840-0-68016100-1508529489_thumb.jpg

post-16840-0-80482300-1508529608_thumb.jpg

(Well, I thought it was useful for modelling reference). 

• Like 18

I could cope with all of those, what would drive me up the wall would be the American spelling. 

When spending time on computers it's summat yer gotta get used to, or you're gonna get annoyed quite a lot!! What gets annoying tho' is some Brits spelling the wrong way. :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

When spending time on computers it's summat yer gotta get used to, or you're gonna get annoyed quite a lot!! What gets annoying tho' is some Brits spelling the wrong way. :sungum:

There's an @rse'ole on here that like to tell you there is a comma missing from your post.  :sarcastic:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

I guess that's my cue to do more modeling and less online... 

Before I go, another picture, from a 'speciol' weekend. 

post-16840-0-08326600-1508602421_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...