Motor Alternator set

Playable brake application and dump

Randomised Mk1 door slams

Authentic Mk1 toilet flush(!)

Flange squeal

Despatch whistle

Randomised right-away bell and optional buzzer reply

Detonators

My latest version of the 33 is already set up to operate with the 4TC without the need for a reblow. All 'directional' sounds such as horns, despatch whistle, right-away bell etc only come fron the appropriate end of the train and reverse automatically when the set reverses. Non-directional sounds such as brake applications and flange squeal come from loco and unit simultaneously. The unit's function key layout matches the 33 and my standard. The 33 can of course still operate independently with horns etc in both directions.

Bif

Perhaps also that terrible bang when the driver overdoes the power and the links are severed until the throttle is reduced.

I do believe the 4TC drivers used to love having a MLV on the train. Turned it into a belter apparently!

• 2 weeks later...

The 2017 World Tour season is here!   The next two are the O Gauge Guild at Telford, then the GWR Museum at Swindon. 

My last visit to Swindon has a Warship & Western on the Turntable!!  Has it changed ??

Collections At Telford.      Last call today for Pre-Order collections.   Reblows are being done at the show & 4mm stuff will be there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Charlie
Thank you my package I received today you did make me and my postman laugh at the first line of the address where it said "the railway modeler". Thank you for the fast service and next time I will give you my name.

Richard

Edited by richard brown

• 2 weeks later...

If I went to every show I'd never get any programming done. I have a nice quiet time to get on with things when Charlie's occupied all weekend at a show! Rest assured the double-act will be back on the road in the New Year. Compliments of the season to one and all and many thanks for your continued support, it is very much appreciated.

Bif

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Not any more........

Cheers,

Mick

The Legomanbiffo RedHot Summer Show (Both with Shorts) is on this weekend at the Blyth Clubs show near Newcastle.   See you there.    Charlie

post-3411-0-15712800-1532473304.jpg

Edited by charliepetty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Its show time:

This weekend is Wigan Finescale, next weekend is the Hornby 'Great Electric Train Show' in Milton Keynes & Barrow in Furness (Orders taken for collection at Barrow), 3rd weekend we are at Hartlepool and the Last weekend is Leeds Grammer School & Dublin,

Busy or what!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie

Charlie, a quick question if I may.

In our little group, we have a mechanical engineer and an eletrical engineer. Both are questioning how much should be milled out of say, a Bachmann 40 block - in order to fit an EM2. Both guys are saying that because the block itself is not stress relieved, then milling out such a large amount is going to have serious ramifications on the future rigidity and general strength of the remaining block.........

Can either you or Biff clear this up for us?

cheers

Andy

Thanks for the reply Richard - I've seen your services advertised and it was from there that the question was raised amongst our group.

I myself am not an engineer, unlike the two lads who stated that over time the chassis may suffer from having the milling done on it, so it was a case of getting an informed opinion from someone such as your good self. I don't have a problem with it personally, but wanted to clear up any potential problems before I started to cut big lumps out of the block.

cheers

Andy

• RMweb Gold

I think the chassis blocks are over engineered anyway just to be heavy. For example if you look at a Bachmann class 37 it’s made from metal and is pretty solid and heavy, if you look at the Hornby class 37 there’s no metal in the chassis at all but you don’t see it destroying itself and twisting itself apart as it drives along, It’s just much lighter and lacks the running qualities and haulage capabilities of the Bachmann models.

If you want more weight, get some liquid leaddepleted uranium, and spread that around where it won't be seen.