Modelling Day at Holcombe

Brinkly

• RMweb Gold

Following on from Maurice's blog entry yesterday, I thought I would upload a few photographs that I took yesterday of a modelling day organised by David Brandreth for members of DRAG (Devon Riviera Area Group) of the Scalefour Society.

I brought along a Highlevel 57xx chassis to work on, fitting CSB (link to CLAG website). I'm now at the stage to fit the Gearbox, wheels and pick ups. So about half way there.

post-7376-0-56496400-1399809064_thumb.jpg

First photo looking at selection of modellers hard at work - or hard at chat! From front to back, Uncle Maurice Hopper, Mark Bushby, David Dorman (Mid Devon Group), Brian Pearce (Vice President of the Scalefour Society and ex Membership Secretary), David Mead, John Farmer (Re6/6) and 'The Baron' Harrap.

post-7376-0-98485300-1399809082_thumb.jpg

Second photo this time show the other side of the quad. Brian Hingston (Taz), Andrew Eaton, Nick Cann, David Brandreth and Rod Cameron (10880).

I sat between Maurice and Brian in the 'Naughty', 'Young' or 'Nick' corner!  :mocking_mini:

post-7376-0-02239200-1399809100_thumb.jpg

Last photo - my revenge. Working on an 'average' of 40 years modelling each (which is quite a conservative estimate!), there is about 500 years of finescale modelling between this lot!  ;)

Once again many thanks to David for organising the event and everyone who attended. I certainly enjoyed the company and being able to tap into the knowledge and experience of more experienced finescale modellers.

Kind regards,

Nick.

Good to see Yeoford bringing up the rear guard in the last photograph! Was Mr. D are rear admiral ? Ha ha ( apologies to him!)

Looks like a good day was had by all.

Thoroughly enjoyed the Mini Missenden day at Holcombe. Excellent day, excellent company, excellent lunch at the pub. Managed to turn a few wheels (what else do wheels do?), soldered up a Parkside Dundas plastic wagon kit, my token wagon for the 'new' Bodmin and to establish at last my eligibility for membership of the P4 Drag group and to keep the Captain off my back.(ho ho). Great fun, thanks David.

• RMweb Gold

and to keep the Captain off my back

You'll be lucky!  :lol:

(ho ho)

(Merry Christmas!)  :P

Despite them all congregating in the window in the last shot, they should know full well that you still can't see the railway, even if you really crane your neck...!  :D

It was a great day and some people even made progress with their modelling.  Most of us had brought sandwiches but a hard core left for a lunch across the road to The Castle. The more serious (dedicated) amongst us waited until the session was over and had a relaxing pint with some supper in the pub.

It should be pointed out that in Brinkly's last photo, we were gathered around Rod's Silhouette cutter which he was showing to us and answering questions.

Thanks to all who took part an made the day so successful.  Plans are maturing for a repeat session in the autumn.

David

Archived