modern era bus adds

tamperman36

Is there anywhere I can get hold of modern era bus side adverts to put on my buses, I do remember there used to be a site where you could download photos scaled to fit OO scale buses to make your own transfers but I believe it was shut down for some sort of copyright issue.

Is there anywhere I can get hold of modern era bus side adverts to put on my buses, I do remember there used to be a site where you could download photos scaled to fit OO scale buses to make your own transfers but I believe it was shut down for some sort of copyright issue.[/quote

Model master do a range of ads, not sure what they do but their website has details

• RMweb Gold

Something I can add to this is that the advertising frames are a standard size.

They was listed on the cbs outdoor website but can't seem to find them on the mobile phone but if you search on the internet you may be able to find them.

I won't go through all the different types as i'll just bore you all!

Adverts change quite quickly unless it's the vinyl type but the latter are almost extinct now.

• RMweb Premium

The two Darts we bought from First for preservation eariler this year have a mix of adverts. The Bath based example has frames on both sides and on the rear, while the Bristol one has a frame on the rear, but pealing vinyl on both sides.

From a modelling point of view adverts do change quite often, unlike some of the older classics which went on almost unchanged for years.

The new Optare double deck launched this week has, apparently, a double width staircase panel to take bigger adverts, so thats another variation on the theme.

Over the years bus adverts represent a fascinating insight into social history, and as such should be a part of our model worlds.

• 3 years later...