Last 25 with small yellow panel

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

With the possibility that the search for info for this thread has run out for the moment I shall summarize my research so far.

It would seem the four best candidates are D5183, D5192, D5194, D7595. Of these D5183 and D7595 where GFYE by 1970, Photographic evidence suggests definitely before August 1970 in the case of D7595.

Of the other two, D5192 & D5194, D5192 was GSYP until October 1970 when it was noted in Derby works so probably went to Blue. Although there is photographic evidence of it at an open day at Carlisle in May 1971 in GSYP and it is notedas being there on that date the notes of the open day locos present do not correspond accurately enough for my liking. Also there is a photo, supposedly of D5192 in March 1971 of it in quite fresh Blue livery. This with the fact that there was an open day at Carlisle Kingmore in May 1970 possibly means the dates for the photos of the 1971 open day could possibly be 1970 instead, leads me to surmise that D5192 went from GSYP to BFYE in Oct 70.

D5194 is possibly the last one to survive in GSYP, retaining it until a visit to Derby works in Oct 1971. Photographic evidence supports this, as long as the dates on all the photos used are accurate. (A big if).

The one loco left I am interested to know the date of it loosing its GSYP livery is D5193. Sandwiched between D5192 and D5194, it is of course 25043, which kept its green livery through to TOPS numbering. Does anyone have any idea as to when it went from GSYP to GFYE?

Paul J.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...