3mm Society AGM 2014

TT-Pete

I took my camera along to the 3mm Society AGM in Market Harborough last Saturday and took a few pictures of the modelling competition entries.

Winner of the Tony Birch Memorial (steam) award:

AGM1

Winner of the Broad Green (modern image) Trophy:

AGM2

And the "also rans", but many of them deserving of trophies in their own right:

AGM3

AGM4

AGM5

AGM6

AGM7

AGM8

AGM9

AGM10

AGM11

• RMweb Premium

Hi Pete ,

I thought the Class 22 was absolutely superb , one of the best 3mm diesel models I've seen , hope I can get close to this when I eventually get around to building my own .

The 45xx got my vote in the Tony Birch competition but I must confess that I never even really noticed the Crab !! I think that I must have been struggling to get close to that side of the table and had probably already been won over by the Prairie , my travelling companions both commented on how good the Crab was so I'm pleased to see your photo ....if only to see what I missed !

Regards ,

Ian .

Ian, my heart sank when I saw the class 22, the finish and weathering was absolutely spot-on, and the LMS diesel was also a cracker (those old Maurice Pilsworth resin bodies are, errm, "challenging" at best!) so by comparison a splodgy Whistler was no competition (I shall not be using "Glue n' Glaze" again.) :-(

I voted for Peter White's pristine NER 0-6-0 because I was impressed by the detail of the inside motion and because it stood out amongst all the weathered locos.

Cheers,

Peter.

Archived