HO Monon inspired layout

Early morning cats restless because it was too cold to stay out meant up early and with no desire to partake of Black Friday removed all emails suggesting I should and could not resist opening the packages. Two mugs of black coffee later, must have a 3rd as medical evidence says it now prolongs life and progress made.

The kit has many bits but has been a delight - so far to make, crisply moulded parts and excellent instructions.

post-9435-0-55822000-1511518618_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

A little time this morning before the air warms up enough outside not to kill off the lungs. Main components dry fitted together, need to add metal colour to slide bars, pipes etc and put onto bogies before pairing up with boom car

post-9435-0-00220000-1511777582_thumb.jpeg

Edited by enginelane
  • Like 1

Stung into action by wife who wanted to know when in my retirement I was going to sort out the Railway spent most of it going through boxers and cupboards and generally unearthing unknown items including this little crane which must have come from a secondhand stall but when I know not. Looking through the Monon references it could indeed make up a nice little example to sit on the RIP spur

post-9435-0-53003400-1511800977_thumb.jpeg

The Tichy crane car is a very nice kit.

I agree, I think it is a kit I have joyed putting together the most for a long time. Free from flash, good locating tabs when needed, plastic that takes glue well without distortion. Hope paint and slight weathering do it justice. That will be for another day as today London bound and going to ride the Postal Underground

Edited by enginelane
  • Like 1

Good trip to London and enjoyed the trip on the Postal Underground. Could not help thinking as was sat in the little carriage that not so long ago men used to ride in such tunnels to get to the coal.

Another very cold day so no outside for awhile so chance to do a little more to the breakdown crane.

post-9435-0-20099400-1512034410_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

A little warmer in the garage today so moved storage boxes around and can now get back onto the modelling desk and no longer need to “hog the kitchen” “create piles of stuff” .Spending. Quiet hour on the industrial crane. Added a few cogs and wheels opened up the front a little and base costed black. Cab superstructure will be MOW grey.

Joined halfway through the session by Baby Cat who bagged the other chair!

post-9435-0-81415700-1512229825_thumb.jpeg

post-9435-0-52914400-1512229837_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

The posture is reminiscent of “Chessie”.attachicon.gif53ACADB4-B5DF-4AA8-A933-FECD69D50536.jpeg

Yes indeed. She has become very friendly recently, might be because I am at home more now because not at work. She sat watched for a while and then went to sleep

One advantage of tidying up is “ finding things” so whilst fresh in memory decided to select some items to put in the tool caboose.

post-9435-0-25817800-1512295714_thumb.jpeg

Edited by enginelane
  • Like 2

Big Cat though takes a greater interest in the trains and has taken to sitting on Enginelane a layout that 21 years is still, and will not be finished. It is due to be dismantled sometime in 2018 when Vimes Street is finally installed in the garage. I am planning to build a shelf layout a la Lance Mindeim but not sure as yet whether it will be British or American

Whatever it is will have to make Cat proof!

post-9435-0-15976800-1512296037_thumb.jpeg