HO Monon inspired layout

Morning session complete and tool caboose well on its way to completion. Probably would not hold that many tools but they were in the stores boxes so why not. Need to replace the plastic handrails with some preformed replacements when I track down the package. Dentist time now to see what can be done with chipped tooth

post-9435-0-55106400-1512385415_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

Chipped teeth now! Whatever next will they put chips into?[/quote

A sound chip would be a cheaper alternative! Chipped part of one of the teeth on a bridge, the enamel part has come off the stainless bit

Could all have to be replaced! Will not be the price it cost 34 years ago!

• Like 2

Hopefully you can go down the root canal and filler route.

I had that when I had my front tooth partially shot out at an airsoft event (my fault for not wearing a lower face mask!).

It still wasn't cheap, and cost about £400 to fix. But still, it was better than the alternative.

Made progress with the Brownhoist 25 ton industrial crane. Makes into a nice little model that I think will go well down the RIP spur. Make a good visual block to that end of the layout. Always have trouble with yellow covering on plastic. Needs the underframe and jib weathering and that will be about it.

post-9435-0-24304800-1512512532_thumb.jpeg

post-9435-0-97660600-1512512595_thumb.jpeg

Edited by enginelane
  • Like 4

One advantage of having to go through all the cupboards and boxes is what you find or forgot you ever had.

This evening “discovered” a NW2 with sound! Must have been bought at TVam when Menasha was exhibited there many years ago.

Now I wonder if I know someone who resprays locos...

post-9435-0-59158400-1512598097_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

One advantage of having to go through all the cupboards and boxes is what you find or forgot you ever had.

This evening “discovered” a NW2 with sound! Must have been bought at TVam when Menasha was exhibited there many years ago.

Nice to see that you've decided to model a decent railroad.

Jamie

• RMweb Gold

Nice to see that you've decided to model a decent railroad.

Well, he did say it was going to be repainted, so obviously this is highly likely...

• Like 1

Going through the storage boxes and discovered a number of part built cars that need to be completed so since still too cold for the garage time to work through the boxes.

First up the coke container gondola more or less complete. Had to scratchbuild 3 of the containers. Need to complete paint add decals and weather before it can join the stock for Vimes Street

post-9435-0-31484400-1513446079_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Coat of frame dirt and liquid pigment smoke as a base layer.

Opened up a box that said tank and out came this. I think it’s a resin kit from the Monon stores and makes into a model of one of the International built cabooses.

post-9435-0-17927300-1513450666_thumb.jpeg

post-9435-0-01187700-1513451045.jpeg

post-9435-0-16586400-1513451528_thumb.jpeg

Edited by enginelane
  • Like 1

Checking against the diagram it looks like the underframe is 3 mm longer than it should be and the car body 4mm longer than it should be. So both errors equal themselves out. Not for the purists I know but for me it’s liveable and closer than the Bulford Model that is being sold as a Monon Transfer caboose. So I will keep, fettle and complete.

post-9435-0-43796000-1513705186_thumb.jpeg

Edited by enginelane
  • Like 3

Need to find the other ladder before moving on with the transfer caboose. Ladders are Plano not piano as iPad changed it the other day!

Shortest day but family deciding to spend longest time in bed so modelling time adding more rust and weathering to the coke hopper gondola. Found another image of a coke hopper car.this one looks like it’s a converted flat car? Would have to scratchbuild all the hoppers as no longer stocked.

post-9435-0-13724000-1513851144_thumb.jpeg

post-9435-0-00175500-1513864000_thumb.jpeg

Edited by enginelane
  • Like 1