Falcon in 7mm

steve fay

Well seen as Tower have broken the news early

Yes Heljan are going to do Falcon in 7mm limited to 750 pieces

DONT FORGET you can pre order through ANY Heljan retailer.

Those of us who knew kept quiet me included, Telford was the proposed announcement date but the weekend before cleckheaton show should secure a few pre orders.

I'm going for an original Lime Green one for Ranelagh bridge.

Jeff P are you a happy man ??

• Like 1

Just done an order for one, the Western Region variant in BR green with SYP. Heljan's 4mm variant appears to have been very well received, although the lime & chestnut shades were queried, so lets hope this is as good. I don't think anyone has ever done a 7mm kit for this so it'll be interesting to see how well it goes.

John.

• RMweb Premium

Why produce these 1-off prototypes, not that they will appear?

Where are the classes 17, 21, 22, 28, 29 with genuine mass appeal?

Still waiting for the AC railbus.....

Dava

Poor Jeff, it was only made on the understanding that he bought 700 of them to make it viable  :jester:

At least that leaves 50 for other buyers :yes: - I just hope that Heljan don't forsake the Class 45 & 25 and more appealing Diesels for these one off loco's, even Kestrel has been mentioned on the Tower Models website :scratchhead:.

Cheers, Bob.

They won't forsake the 25 & 45 they are both on the to do list

Thanks Steve - Maybe you can push for a 73 & 50 :yes:

Cheers, Bob.

Edited by bobster
  • Like 2

Back from France, where I was restricted to Facebook for the web by a combination of my own computer having irreperably broken, and my wife's being un-available for web-surfing at it's a high powered work machine.......

What GREAT news......been asking now for just over TEN years. When they did it in 4mm they didn't really thin would sell........the first 1000 sold out in under SIX WEEKS! They are now onto their third 1000 I believe, and examples go for over the original price on a well-known auction site.

My BFYP example is already reserved.

Why produce these 1-off prototypes, not that they will appear?

Where are the classes 17, 21, 22, 28, 29 with genuine mass appeal?

Well Dava, probably because of the amazing sales of the  4mm version, and the fact that other types aren't selling as well.

Both Falcon and Lion sold out in 4mm very quickly.  I think people LIKE to have a "one-off" on their layout, bit of a talking point.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did a 50 - they have the bogies already from the Deltic and 37 although these are the fabricated versions not the cast ones. The problem will be which version since the most livery versions were on the refurbished examples and so far Heljan have gone for the as built model

Paul R

Forget them... bring on Falcon & Kestrel first!

Igor

Whilst 100% wishing all modellers get locos on their individual 'wishlists' - I still can't believe Falcon has almost instantly jumped the Class 42/25/45 queue??? (+ the usual Tower scare tactics re the latter two!!!!!!!!!!!). Nobody had heard of it before Tower's most recent catalogue and now it is in pole position. It'll be here ahead of the 40 at this rate. I expect Brian will be getting one to test this week! I think someone really must have ordered 700! No problem but personally I have no interest in Falcon or Kestrel - I don't think it is the most clever decision in 7mm at this stage whereas I would buy a 25 & a couple of Peaks straight away - in particular, one modeller can only realistically buy 1 Falcon or Kestrel whilst they can make multiple purchases of say classes 31,37,47 (eg I have 3 class 47's in my collection). For this reason alone surely the more standard production diesels would be more appealing first by miles....centre headcode 37,50,56 for starters.....