Falcon in 7mm

steve fay

• RMweb Gold

Because they sell and make money, which is why Heljan and others are making model trains.

Deltic47 disagrees with my post.  I have no problem if someone disagrees with my opinion, but in this case I thought I was posting facts.  Facts you might or might not like.

Deltic which part of my post are you disagreeing with?

Are you saying that the one off prototypes do not sell?

or are you saying that they do not make money?

or are you saying that making money is not the reasons why Heljan and others make model trains?

Just curious - that's all

Deltic47 disagrees with my post.  I have no problem if someone disagrees with my opinion, but in this case I thought I was posting facts.  Facts you might or might not like.

Deltic which part of my post are you disagreeing with?

Are you saying that the one off prototypes do not sell?

or are you saying that they do not make money?

or are you saying that making money is not the reasons why Heljan and others make model trains?

Just curious - that's all

==================================================================================

All I am saying is:-

As this is the first one off prototype (IN 7MM) from Heljan the full 'facts' that they sell really well don't exist yet - what applies in the land of 4mm doesn't necessarily apply to 7mm.

They should make money but I believe they would be much better off producing the more popular diesel classes first to maximise returns which should be the main objective of Heljan and others when making models.

Deltic17

Thanks Deltic. Its more informative when you express a valid opinion rather than a simple "Disagree"

Thanks - I had actually already stated my opinion in #24 - and then later popped a few agrees and disagrees here and there (one of which was on yours) at the same time.

post-5983-0-72317200-1401811480.jpg

It's happening up take seems to be high, it's not in place of more popular classes. The ones announced will go ahead (warship, 60, 40, 25, peak )

I think some non 7mm modellers will want one just for the sake of it along with the collectors especially if the other on offs go ahead.

One other thing Heljan have never done a re run of a loco yet so every loco produced has been a one off.

Personally I think this might bring more people in to 7mm because once you've bought one thats usually all it takes and your hooked.

I've had some one order one and it's going to be there first 7mm loco and I doubt it will be the last!!!

Edited by steve fay

Guest 838rapid

That's defiantly not a Swindon Works building behind,my vote is for Brush at Loughborough ..

I would say defiantly Brush at Loughborough - If you look at old/new photo's of the main building at Brush, you can see the 3 brickwork lines (for want of a better word) on the building at Loughborough.

Link attached below to show this brickwork during a door widening at Brush.

http://www.penwoodconstruction.co.uk/industrial.html

Cheers, Bob.

Guilplates do, Jeff posted some pictures up on WT maybe he can post them on here as well. They look very nice, as I'm having her whilst on the WR in 62 it will be with the original transfer but a nice set of the makers plates will be ordered.

Edited by steve fay

Here they are:

post-13196-0-82558800-1402239391.jpg

They need a bit of tidying with file, wet-or-dry etc, but to me, look the part, and the worksplates are fully legible.

"Brush Traction.

No.280  1961

England"

Edited by JeffP
  • Like 3

It's not I'm a Heljan stockist and I sought clarification from Heljan before starting this thread.

Yes Towers announcement was a few months early.

As for Kestrel it's being looked at but no decision has been made.

• Like 1