Bachmann announce Narrow Gauge range led by Baldwin 4-6-0T

Andy Y

The  June  issue  of  the  00-9 News  monthly  magazine  of  the  00-9  Society (of  which  I  am  a  member!) arrived  today..... the  editorial comments  on  the   Bachmann Baldwin 4-6-0s  pre  production models which  have  been   seen  at  some  shows recently,  the  editorial  mentions  the  fact  that  production  is  'limited  to  750 pieces  of each  and  already  half  are  sold  on  pre orders'

So interested  parties  may  be  advised  to  get  their  pre orders  in!

Guest Midland Mole

Well I have gone ahead and pre-ordered about half of the OO9 stuff I wanted, just in case I cant get the items I wanted from the shop.

Alex

• RMweb Gold

I couldn't find a working link to the Bachmann video for the Baldwin on this thread, so I thought I'd post the youtube video link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uonh9U3GdWY&t=3s

I love that valve gear. Its almost hypnotic to watch!

Edited by Captainalbino
  • Like 6

Yes  it  is  hypnotic  indeed!

The  way  things  are  going  the  Baldwin  is  hot  on  the  heels of  Heljan's L&B 2-6-2T,  which  seems  to  be  lagging behind  its  original delivery date  promises by a long  way now! One  of  the  retailers  I  deal   with advises  me  that  he  normally  gets notification  from  Heljan  2 weeks  before  delivery occurs so that  he  can  ensure  his  account is  in order! But as  yet nothing  has been received.

Re  the  Baldwin  I  think I am  correct in  saying  that  of  the  4  variants  only  one  has  working  lights  fitted

• 3 weeks later...

Had the Baldwin running on my layout last weekend at the Quorn show on the GCR. The loco was also tried out on the other 009 layouts as well. Ran very smoothly and crawled along with no problems.I'll certainly be ordering one when they come out before Christmas they hope.post-12743-0-00227400-1498326761_thumb.jpgpost-12743-0-90547800-1498326794_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Guest Midland Mole

Very nice, and thanks for letting us know how they run. I am SUPER exited for these! :)

Already have a couple of layout plans using them. ;)

Alex

Edited by Midland Mole
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Email  from  Hattons  today  dely  estimate  now  Jan  Feb  2018, 

I hope  it   doesn't follow  what  happen  with  the  Manning  Wardle  with  their  estimated  deliveries!

We were told January at the press event yesterday, but they are working hard to beat that deadline at the moment.

Look out for green boxes by the way, not blue for 009.

Green  boxes  !  that will make  a  change,  from  a  marketing  point  of  view it  is  a  very  logical  change to differentiate the  scale,   a  sign  perhaps  that  further  00-9 plans are possible

Green  boxes  !  that will make  a  change,  from  a  marketing  point  of  view it  is  a  very  logical  change to differentiate the  scale,   a  sign  perhaps  that  further  00-9 plans are possible

Slip of the fingers no doubt but you probably meant gauge not scale.....

Bachmann On30 Spectrum is distributed in dark green boxes.  And speaking of larger scales a Baldwin 4-6-0T in 1/43 would be most welcome and could even be acceptable in 1/48!

Slip of the fingers no doubt but you probably meant gauge not scale.....

Bachmann On30 Spectrum is distributed in dark green boxes.

Technically both as their HOe stuff is in blue boxes so its both scale (HO vs OO) and gauge! ;)

If the US NG stuff is in green boxes perhaps they've decided to use green for NG, though I believe the US and European arms don't speak to each other very much!

Hoping that this doesn't start a pointless wish list but VoR and welshpool and Llanfair locos would be hard to resist.

If the US NG stuff is in green boxes perhaps they've decided to use green for NG, though I believe the US and European arms don't speak to each other very much!

The two branches of Kader seem to be allowed different philosophies when it comes to product design and marketing.  Accuracy for the UK and whatever sells in large quantities highly discounted in price for the US.

Maybe Kader could broaden the market by selling this narrow gauge line as HO scale through Bachmann USA which has never been too fussy about scale, fidelity or quality.

Edited by autocoach

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I shouldn’t think so. I expect Bachmann stuff these days to be decent quality but subject to considerable delays.

I quite  agree, not had  much  wrong  with  any  Bachman purchases  over  the last  few  years

wonder if the  009 rolling stock  will appear  as stated in  Jan?

I was guided by a poster on RM to look at Bachmann's site to show when things were delivered, after having the temerity to ask if anybody knew about the deliveries of some coaches.....I have always noticed that Bachmann's site has an air of uncertainty about such information, and it has been creeping into all the forthcoming items, so may well include the Baldwin's delivery......Bachmann make Hornby's deliveries look lighting fast nowadays.

Ah well, looks like they won't be hear for my Trench Railways first outing, but at least I got some more time to save for them  ;) If the prototype is anything to go by it should be well worth the wait  :locomotive:  Can't wait for livery samples to appear