Bachmann announce Narrow Gauge range led by Baldwin 4-6-0T

Andy Y

My Bachmann Train Mail arrived today. It includes painted samples of the locos and wagons. There is a big picture of Peggy in Ashover crimson livery. Little wonder that Bachmann chose that one for the close up; it looks gorgeous. Perhaps that is what will be pulling my accumulated Peco stock since the Heljan self-disassembly locos haven’t turned up. Speakers pre-installed in the bunkers and Next 18 sockets. Yum yum! 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

There is a big picture of Peggy in Ashover crimson livery. Little wonder that Bachmann chose that one for the close up; it looks gorgeous. Perhaps that is what will be pulling my accumulated Peco stock since the Heljan self-disassembly locos haven’t turned up. Speakers pre-installed in the bunkers and Next 18 sockets. Yum yum! 

I take it you mean this one off the Bachmann site. Glad I have one on pre order

post-7289-0-30011900-1508525811.jpg

Image copyright of Bachmann

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Well the ones that have been doing the circuits of exhibitions recently certainly seem to have run just fine...

A post above also reports smooth running:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/87702-Bachmann-announce-narrow-gauge-range-led-by-baldwin-4-6-0t/?p=2763757

I think a preorder is in order... 

cheers,

Keith

Guest Midland Mole

I am so impressed by what Bachmann is achieving with these stunning locos and wagons. Now I have seen all of them, I think I am going to add some of WHR open wagons to my pre-order. :)

Alex

post-10539-0-57504100-1508848160.jpgpost-10539-0-57415700-1508848172.jpgMy  Shed  is  waiting  too

Mind  you lookin'  at  those  photos  theres  a  heck  of  a  lot  to  do  yet! :O

My  problem  is  that  once  I  get  to  the  track  laying  completion  stage  (which  this  is  now  at)  I tend  to  get  lazy  and    nothing  happens progress wise  for  weeks I just   randomly  put  a train or   2 on the  layout  and  watch  them  run.

For  info  the  trackplan  represents  nothing  in  particular,  it  is  simply  an  oval  looped  over  itself  ( looped  folded '8') with  2 passing  loops 3 longish  sidings  and  2  shorter ones, the  bridge in the  pic  is  a  Balsa  mock up to test  size  but knowing  my inactivity  will probably  remain in  situ!

Edited by Stevelewis
  • Like 3

I am  wondering  how  easy  Digitizing  access  will be  on  these locos,  for  fitting  the  Next 18 decoder and  possibly  speaker?

Looks  like there  are  quite a few  pipes  etc  which may make  simple access  difficult, hopefully  I will be  wrong!

All engines come pre-fitted with a speaker, which should cut down on the complexity of sound installation. Have just expanded my pre-order to include both 778 and 'Hummy'

Thats  good  news  re  the  speaker,  would be  interesting  to  know  where  the  decoder location  is!

I have  the  2  weathered  ones on  preorder,  thinking  of  trying to  preorder Peggy  as  well,  'cos  it  looks  very nice!

• 2 weeks later...

I like the weathering job on Hummy. I'm not a fan of factory weathering generally, but that one is definitely causing me to rethink.

My 009 interests tend to be more light industrial or Victorian, but I think I'm going to have to add that to my "don't need but want" list.

• Like 1

Thats  good  news  re  the  speaker,  would be  interesting  to  know  where  the  decoder location  is!

I have  the  2  weathered  ones on  preorder,  thinking  of  trying to  preorder Peggy  as  well,  'cos  it  looks  very nice!

Well, if the speaker is in the bunker, I suppose it’s either in the boiler or a side tank.

• 1 month later...

post-31247-0-18025500-1513865388_thumb.jpg

They have indeed, The first 4 wagons have arrived:

393-050, 393-051, 393-052, 393-053 are all in stock. Advanced preorders are been processed as I type!

See more images here:

https://railsofsheffield.com/news/articles/2721-narrow-gauge-wagons

• Like 6