3D Printed 'OO' Modern Image Lineside Details

What about the "help points"?  Obviously different designs are out there but this kind of thing http://www.wellho.net/pix/helppoint.jpg

Have you done ticket machines and car park machines? (sorry can't look at the moment)

Portable wheelchair ramps?

Train departure ping-pong bats (you know what I mean!)

Lift entrances?

Hi,

Yes, I was looking at Help Points, but was unsure of the demand for them, but I'll have a look at them!

There are several people who make Ticket and Car Park Machines, Bachmann and Ten Commandments to name a couple, so I could be saturating the market I if I start doing some.

I like the idea of the Wheel Chair Ramps through, I'll have a look at those.

By 'Ping Pong Bats' I assume you mean the Train Dispatch Batons held by Station Staff? If so, one I think they would be fragile, and also, there's a few figures you can get with them already moulded in their hands. Of course, if you mean something different, I'll have a look into.

Also, I love the idea of lift entrances, that's a great suggestion!

Simon, how about solar flange greasers?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'Solar' Flange Greasers, but I suppose you mean the ones that have a solar panel close by? I can also do Standard Flange Greasers.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming!

Simon

Yes, train dispatch batons ... but they look like ping pong bats to me :) I wasn't aware you could get figures with them already though.

Another thought, what about those little plasticky huts that ticket staff sometimes sit in?  The best example I can find is a screenshot from "Clockwise"...

post-8328-0-68930900-1407269384_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Looks like a St Simon wishlist thread is starting.......................................

Here's a couple of mine.

How about some modern signal heads that van be fitted with miniature LED's? Including ground mounted shunt signals - maybe in two parts to allow assembly of the LED's within the housing?

Class 66 wing mirrors (sorry Pete, I know there's an etched version but they are tricky to assemble).

Cheers,

Mick

p.s I'll add some more when I think of them.

Yes, train dispatch batons ... but they look like ping pong bats to me :) I wasn't aware you could get figures with them already though.

Another thought, what about those little plasticky huts that ticket staff sometimes sit in?  The best example I can find is a screenshot from "Clockwise"...

attachicon.gifticket.jpg

Hi,

Bachmann does Ping Pong bats, which I agree, they do look like, with their Station Staff set of figures (Reference 36-043).

They also do the huts you mention, product code 44-506, although it's not quite of the type in the picture, it is of the most common type.

Simon

Looks like a St Simon wishlist thread is starting.......................................

Here's a couple of mine.

How about some modern signal heads that van be fitted with miniature LED's? Including ground mounted shunt signals - maybe in two parts to allow assembly of the LED's within the housing?

Class 66 wing mirrors (sorry Pete, I know there's an etched version but they are tricky to assemble).

Cheers,

Mick

p.s I'll add some more when I think of them.

Hi Micky,

Funny you should mention the signal heads, I have developed a whole range of Single Aperature, Multi Aspect, Unipart Dorman Signal Heads, at the moment, I'm just testing out the electronics bits and pieces before I test print them and release them, although this maybe a long term thing.

I'll have a look at the 66 Wing Mirrors, however, I want to stress that I don't want to tread on anyone's toes in terms of products.

Simon

• Like 2

Simon, how about solar flange greasers?

Hi,

What about these:

post-7271-0-20919700-1407273729.jpg

They may look a little rough, but the should smooth out, if you guys think they're okay, I'll get a test print in Yellow Polished, Strong and Flexible.

Simon

How about a decent points heating transformer? The knight wing ones are naff.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike,

I've had a quick scan of the web and I can't find any dimensions, do you know of any dimensions, even basic ones? If I have some basic dimensions, I will produce them right away,

Simon

Hi,

What about these:

attachicon.gifFlange Lubricators.jpg

They may look a little rough, but the should smooth out, if you guys think they're okay, I'll get a test print in Yellow Polished, Strong and Flexible.

Simon

Yep, they look good Simon.

The ones I mentioned previously are linked here - 3rd picture down.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treadle_(railway)

Thanks Simon.

Hi Mike,

I've had a quick scan of the web and I can't find any dimensions, do you know of any dimensions, even basic ones? If I have some basic dimensions, I will produce them right away,

Simon

Give me a couple of days and I will sort:-)

Regards

Mike

Hi,

Yesterday I received test prints of the Catch Pits and a version of Ticket Barriers, I managed to paint them up, so first up the Catch Pits

post-7271-0-74829900-1407419615.jpg

Please mind the dodgy painting, I haven't had time to tough it up just yet. I'm really pleased with these, and to be honest I didn't want to paint them after priming them, as they look really good in primer!

Now, the Ticket Barriers:

post-7271-0-67194400-1407419724.jpg

These are slightly different to the ones on Shapeways as they include a Disabled gate as well, I did this as they are to be installed in a Station Building and adding the disabled gate helped to fill the gate line. They are seen mounted to the floor of the Building.

Here they are when in final position, the building is the Latest Scale scenes models which has had an interior light install and various other details added:

post-7271-0-12784700-1407419850.jpg

Both of these are now for sale on Shapeways (http://www.shapeways.com/shops/sjpmodels)

Simon

• Like 8

Lift entrances?

Hi,

As if by magic, how about these:

post-7271-0-20588800-1407441539.jpg

I've done all three 'types' of Lifts as laid down in Station Accessibility Guidelines:

• Type 1 - 800 mm Wide Doors
  • Type 2 - 900 mm Wide Doors
  • Type 3 - 1100 mm Wide Doors

The picture shown above is the type 3 version. Basically, it's the same model, just a little wider all the time, they are not based on any specific lift types, instead being a generic type of lift. 

The inset needed to install the lifts need to be 12.5 mm, 14 mm, 16.5 mm wide for each respective type with all types needing a 25 mm high and 2 mm deep inset.

They will be printed in Polished Metallic Plastic to represent the Metal construction, with the 'Windows' are inset are supposed to be painted Matt Black with the Contol Panel Grey / Black

Hope you like them!

Simon

Edited by St. Simon
  • Like 6

Hi,

With some help from Mike Turner, I have drawn out some Point Heating Transformers:

post-7271-0-14845500-1407484961.jpg

They are a little basic, but there was some detail on them that would never have come out if done to scale and looked silly if done so that they can be printed. Also, the base of the model is wrong, it should be a bent metal bracket type thing, but that would have been too fragile and meant using a much more expensive material, so I've done it as a concrete base instead (to the correct size and thickness)

Here, they are rendered in standard Metallic Plastic, although the render looks a little rough, so I might print them in Polished WSF (for some reason there are parts of the model too thin for the Polished Metallic Plastic despite the model been over the recommended thickness :scratchhead:

Simon

• Like 4

You must add a bit more to areas which are on the tolerance which I think is 0.7mm draw it at 0.8mm as the polish process takes about 0.1mm off the model that's why they saying it's to thin.

Hi Matt,

It's only the ends of the Bases that are causing a problem, they are about 0.8 mm think, I've tried thickening them even more and widening the bases, but still computer say no. The odd thing is that it's perfectly fine for the Polished WSF and Polised Coloured SF, but not for the Polished Metallic Plastic, it's quite odd!

Simon

Hi,

With some help from Mike Turner, I have drawn out some Point Heating Transformers:

attachicon.gifPoint Heating Transformers.jpg

They are a little basic, but there was some detail on them that would never have come out if done to scale and looked silly if done so that they can be printed. Also, the base of the model is wrong, it should be a bent metal bracket type thing, but that would have been too fragile and meant using a much more expensive material, so I've done it as a concrete base instead (to the correct size and thickness)

Here, they are rendered in standard Metallic Plastic, although the render looks a little rough, so I might print them in Polished WSF (for some reason there are parts of the model too thin for the Polished Metallic Plastic despite the model been over the recommended thickness :scratchhead:

Simon

Hi Simon

If you haven't already gone to print with these I will send you a drawing of the concrete I beam base that these usually stand on which would look better than a slab.

Regards

Mike

Hi Simon

If you haven't already gone to print with these I will send you a drawing of the concrete I beam base that these usually stand on which would look better than a slab.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike,

Nope, they haven't gone to print, just a 'in progress' CAD to see how it looks, so you can send the drawing over and I'll see what I can do!

Simon

Portable wheelchair ramps?

Hi,

Another Quick one:

post-7271-0-37890300-1407525978.jpg

This model is meant to be one ramp as they are stored on Platforms, it can either be placed against a structure, or as a free standing unit next to a fence.

It's designed for printing in Frosted Ultra Detail.

They don't call me 'Quick Draw Paley' for nothing....but that's another story!  :scared:  :nono:  :P

Simon

• Like 3

Excellent stuff!  Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Have you considered a modern ticket machine and associated shelter? Pic Pic

or level crossing panels? Pic Pic

Hi,

Well, I keep meaning to draw up the Ticket Machine Shelter, I probably won't do the machine it's self as you can get from those from Bachmann in their 'Station Modernisation Pack'. However, if there is enough demand I will do the ticket machines.

I like the idea of the level crossing panels, I'll look into it!

Simon