Kernow Beattie Well Tank Announcement

Andy Y

Limited Edition News - OO Gauge Beattie Well Tank Steam Locomotive - New announcement

Following many requests we have decided to produce two more versions of our award-winning OO Gauge Beattie Well Tank models.  We will be using the same upgraded coreless motor that will be incorporated into our Adams O2 models and the economies of scale from this mean we can keep the price of this batch of Well Tanks to £94.99 for pre-orders.  The Well Tank will be produced in the same factory and by the same people in China as previously, which is also the same factory producing our Adams O2 models.  We will be making these Well Tank models to order and guarantee to supply every order placed by 31st August this year.  At this stage we will decide on the final quantity to be produced but there will be at least 250 of each version.  As always, no deposits are required and we do not charge for the models until we are about to despatch the orders.  We will be offering DCC Fitted versions which will have the Gaugemaster DCC 23 Decoder fitted.  We expect delivery by the end of this year and as soon as the models are on the way to us the price will rise to £99.99 for new orders.   See more information on our website by clicking on the images below:

prod_42320.jpg K2056 DJ Models 2-4-0WT Beattie Well Tank Steam Locomotive number 30587 £99.99 (£94.99 pre-orders)
prod_42320.jpg
 K2056DC DJ Models 2-4-0WT Beattie Well Tank Steam Locomotive DCC Fitted £119.99 (£114.99 pre-orders)
prod_42319.jpg
 K2057 DJ Models 2-4-0WT Beattie Well Tank Steam Locomotive number 30586 £99.99 (£94.99 pre-orders)
prod_42319.jpg K2057DC DJ Models 2-4-0WT Beattie Well Tank Steam Locomotive DCC Fitted £119.99 (£114.99 pre-orders)

Our dedicated Beattie Well Tank web page contains the latest information.
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Andy beat me to posting the announcement. Please note that the image for 30586 in early British Railways livery with Sunshine lettering is not a pre or production model but my own previous repainted version to give you an idea of how she will look.

Aft'noon all,

For those interested, the prototype Ultrascale P4 converted Dapol Beattie well tank is now accumulating layout miles and is performing well in terms of haulage capability and smooth trouble free running.  The first account, with picture, is on the Crewe Area Group thread of the Scalefour Society e-forum.

Rgds

Dave 

Edited by Torr Giffard LSWR 1951-71

• RMweb Premium

Not that it matters but no one has commented that this second run is coming from DJM whereas the originals came via Dapol did they not?

As Kernow Models own the tooling etc to this model there is nothing stopping them getting it produced by anyone they ask to. I would guess that the problems that occurred to stop other commissions being produced by Dapol for the shop would have had a large bearing on this decision. 

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

Just to clarify this from deepest Gloucestershire where I'm currently wearing my camera out, this version of the Beattie well tank has been retooled slightly to use my coreless motor ( same as used in the O2 and upcoming J94).

It will also use my new PCB board design and manufacture as well.

And in keeping with DJM policy, yes all parts will be available as spares when these models are delivered.

Hope this helps.

I'm off to put some ointment on my sunburn! :-(

Cheers

Dave

• Like 6

Well, I've already got 30586, which should be enough for an almost pure LNER man, but these really are gorgeous little locos, and two would really make a separate small layout worthwhile! I'm very glad I'm not being spied on as I type this! It's certainly something to consider carefully, especially with all the other things I've got on order, and have nowhere to run them all yet!

Cheers

J

Hi Dave

Deepest Gloucestershire and wearing your camera out?

Could this be related to one of your next batch of intended releases perchance or is it purely for rest and relaxation??

Regards

Roy

Hi Roy,

I'm saying nothing :-) but after taking close to 4000 pictures since Wednesday the camera sure is worn in, or should that be out? Lol

Cheers

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Would be nice to re-run the orginal 3329 in Southern Black[/size]

Only 1 has been up on ebay in the past 2 years, went for £170ish, obviously still a demand for it.........[/size]

Perhaps your search was too narrow. SR 3329's are rare, but do pop up now and again. One sold for £75 last april.

I got all excited for a minute and thought the 7mm version had been resurrected. :-(

Here's hoping it still can be. With Dave now doing the 00 version, his reputation alone might be enough to get more people to preorder it this time. Of course, even if he does, he said he won't announce anything new for at least another year anyway.

• 4 months later...

Kernow newsletter:

prod_42320.jpg K2056 DJ Models 2-4-0WT Beattie Well Tank Steam Loco 30587 BR Black L/C £94.99
prod_43346.jpg K2056DC DJ Models 2-4-0WT Beattie Well Tank Steam 30587 - Sound Fitted £114.99

...sounds like a bargain to me!!

Kernow newsletter:

prod_42320.jpg K2056 DJ Models 2-4-0WT Beattie Well Tank Steam Loco 30587 BR Black L/C £94.99

prod_43346.jpg K2056DC DJ Models 2-4-0WT Beattie Well Tank Steam 30587 - Sound Fitted £114.99

...sounds like a bargain to me!!

It's DCC fitted rather than sound fitted - if you ever did want a sound fitted one have a chat to the team at Kernow (but it wouldn't be £115).