Kernow Beattie Well Tank Announcement

Andy Y

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Edge

If you subscribe to the Kernow weekly newsletter, Chris provides updates when he has something to tell.

The last news on the Well Tanks was that the liveried samples had been approved and Kernow are waiting for production/delivery. Photos of the pre-production samples are on the website.

Hope that this helps.

Andrew

Hi Edge

If you subscribe to the Kernow weekly newsletter, Chris provides updates when he has something to tell.

The last news on the Well Tanks was that the liveried samples had been approved and Kernow are waiting for production/delivery. Photos of the pre-production samples are on the website.

Hope that this helps.

Andrew

I have just checked the newsletters and the last report was that the Well Tank delivery was at the docks waiting to be shipped to the UK.

Andrew

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I can at last confirm that the latest Kernow Beattie well tanks ( re designed to take the Coreless motor) are now on the high seas.

The ship they are on is the Leverkusen Express ( Hapag Lloyd).

I understand they will be transhipped en route to a larger container ship for the journey to the UK, and I'll let you know that ships name when I have it.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

I would hope there would be a bit more interesting news from DJM models than where some ship is on the other side of the world.

It's pretty interesting for people waiting for Kernow to be able to deliver the new Beattie well tanks.

If I'm not mistaken, these are the first products that DJModels will bring to market which makes it a big milestone for Dave.

• RMweb Gold
Simon Bale, on 31 Jan 2015 - 01:24, said:

I would hope there would be a bit more interesting news from DJM models than where some ship is on the other side of the world.

How are the 71s coming along for example?

Best regards

Simon

This thread isn't about the 71. It is about the 0298, so that's the news we get. The 71 has its own thread.

Edited by Oldddudders

How are the 71s coming along for example?

Best regards

Simon

If we only had similar information from Hornby and Bachmann about what was on which ship and where l think it would make a lot of people happier. Dave has always been a good communicator, unlike the majority of manufacturers. Give him a break!!

• Like 1

If we only had similar information from Hornby and Bachmann about what was on which ship and where l think it would make a lot of people happier. Dave has always been a good communicator, unlike the majority of manufacturers. Give him a break!!

Simon,

I see you have disagreed with this post  -  why ?

Would you be happy if Dave didn't tell people ?     Or are you upset that he's bothered and you'd like everyone to ignore you ?

I'm confused.

Simon,

I see you have disagreed with this post - why ?

Would you be happy if Dave didn't tell people ? Or are you upset that he's bothered and you'd like everyone to ignore you ?

I'm confused.

I disagree that knowing what ship a model is on and where it is would make a lot of people happier, it might make you happier but that's different. Are people really in an unhappy state because they dont know where in the world the latest Hornby release is?

Its funny how a lot of people disagree with my post when I said I would hope. Are they saying that I don't hope DJM do share more interesting information than something is on a ship a few months away from here?

Your last paragraph makes absolutely no sense at all.

Best regards

Simon

Edited by Simon Bale

• RMweb Gold

I disagree that knowing what ship a model is on and where it is would make a lot of people happier, it might make you happier but that's different. Are people really in an unhappy state because they dont know where in the world the latest Hornby release is?

Its funny how a lot of people disagree with my post when I said I would hope. Are they saying that I don't hope DJM do share more interesting information than something is on a ship a few months away from here?

In all fairness Simon I read your comment as a bit of a dig towards DJH. I haven't got a Beattie on order, I already have my trio, but I would feel reassured to know that it was on the way if I had ordered one.

Also from a forward planning point of view, if you are on a tight budget knowing that the model is only a matter of weeks away gives you time to put a bit of money back, which is what I did when the first lot of Beattie Well tanks were released. It also meant that I didn't buy anything else expensive that month!

Dave has been good to us on here, he actually listens to what we modellers would like. Granted we might not get it, but please don't upset the apple cart for the sake of it. Send him a PM if your worried, he will answer it, unlike some manufacturers!  :)

Kind regards,

Nick.

Edit typo

Edited by Brinkly

I'm sorry if it came over that way but why not just give us an ETA like every other manufacturer of every other product has done? Surely as this is a Kernow product shouldn't info on the model come from them anyway?

I would expect DJM to share info on their own products but i believe it's proper that the news on commissioned items comes from those who commissioned it.

Ultimately telling people it's on a ship doesnt really tell us anything anyway.

Best regards

Simon

Dave telling us what ship they are on and where it is currently located is no different from a parcel being tracked!

All seems very customer friendly to me 

Oh feel free to stick a disagree on this post as well, you seem to like to throw them around a bit!

Edited by royaloak
  • Like 1

Your last paragraph makes absolutely no sense at all.

Best regards

Simon

Hi Simon,

I note your comments and I'm afraid I have to disagree with you.

I find that opened with delivery times and showing the ship name etc, is paramount in this day and age. Believe me when I say that if a company doesn't know what's being shipped when it's shipped then they are fibbing. We ALL know, it's just an excuse used by some to cover any mess up with the model when it eventually arrives.

My way takes the guesswork out of it all. You know it's on the ship, you can track the ship ( that's quite good fun actually) and you know for certain ( weather permitting) when it will land and roughly that it will be at the DJM client within 7 days of that date.

It allows for budgeting more than anything.

As for the news? Well I'm not like others, I won't tell you something just to fill space. Been there done that!

No point in mentioning anything when it hasn't changed since the last time it was mentioned. That's the true meaning of vapourware ;-)

As for the 71? You can appreciate that I'm not really going to say much regarding the minutiae of this particular development as it would give others a much needed 'leg up'.

However, when I have details worthy of posting, on this loco, I will do, and I hope you understand?

Cheers

Dave

• Like 4

Simon, you don't need to be unhappy to be made a little happier. Quite clearly, anybody who is intending to get one of these, and has been looking forward to it's arrival, will be a little happier in the knowledge that it's on the boat and its journey here is underway. Is that really such a difficult concept to accept? Nobody is saying that they are ecstatic, bouncing off the walls in delirium or that they've been lifted from the depths of depression.

DJM share a lot of info, this is just one bit of the jigsaw.

• Like 1

I'm sorry if it came over that way but why not just give us an ETA like every other manufacturer of every other product has done? Surely as this is a Kernow product shouldn't info on the model come from them anyway?

I would expect DJM to share info on their own products but i believe it's proper that the news on commissioned items comes from those who commissioned it.

Ultimately telling people it's on a ship doesnt really tell us anything anyway.

Best regards

Simon

Oh and I never publish anything from a clients model development unless I've cleared it with them first, as I have regarding the Beattie transit details. Kernow by the way, went live with this info first in their Friday newsletter.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

you can track the ship ( that's quite good fun actually

Absolutely right, especially if you've not done that thing much before - it's a fascinating way to spend a little time, the sheer amount of shipping out there is quite something, too.