Kernow Beattie Well Tank Announcement

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Saying that a delivery is on ship X means a lot more than 'delivery spring 2015'. Knowing it is actually in transit means it is very likely to arrive as opposed to said date passing and nothing being seen on the shelves. We've gone through a period where some manufacturers delivery dates appear to be works of fiction and so to have certainty for a change is great.

All we need now is the name of the next ship it is loaded onto?  Presumably you're tracking a  particular container by number Dave?

Hi mate,

No, I'm going on what my shipping company tells me, and I have all he paperwork showing that the consignment is on the Leverkusen Express.

When that changes I expect I'll get more paperwork from the shipper ( and China by the way) showing the change of ship and its name.

No container number I'm afraid, and I guess as its a shared container, rather than a full of my goods one, I wouldn't get this anyway.

Good point though.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I would hope there would be a bit more interesting news from DJM models than where some ship is on the other side of the world.

How are the 71s coming along for example?

Best regards

Simon

Simon, to be honest I'm not really seeing the point of your posts in this thread, unless, of course, your motive is to provoke reactions.

I can't quite see what interest you actually have in the subject matter. As has been pointed out this thread is about the Well Tank, not the 71.

Edited by PhilH

Hello Dave

I was under the impression that Hornby were months ahead of you with the 71

Best regards

Simon

Hi Simon,

Understanding and knowing is another matter I find. Unless you know this, in which case I formally ask you to name your source, both in Hornby and at DJModels towers, heck I'll settle for a name in the relevant factories if the former cannot be given :-)

If you can't, then I would urge you to forget misinformation.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Hello Dave

I was under the impression that Hornby were months ahead of you with the 71

Best regards

Simon

Sorry to be repetitive but why do you keep posting about a Class 71 electric loco in a thread which is about a Pre-Group steam engine?  If you want to stir the pot ask questions about the DJM Class 71 wouldn't it be far better to do so in the right thread instead of in one which is about a Pre-Group steam engine and is in a thread headed 'Kernow Beattie Well Tank'?  At least that way those of us who have no interest in the electric wouldn't have to read all about it.

And don't bother to report this post - I'll do that myself

Its all very good saying shipment x is on ship xyz leaving China on day x when you only have one product. Seriously you all think the big manufacturers are going to tell you what ships their products are on. I suspect they'll use many more ships in a year than DJM will. 

Hi Simon,

Understanding and knowing is another matter I find. Unless you know this, in which case I formally ask you to name your source, both in Hornby and at DJModels towers, heck I'll settle for a name in the relevant factories if the former cannot be given :-)

If you can't, then I would urge you to forget misinformation.

Cheers

Dave

Just publically available info Dave, Hornby posted their cads months ago.

Best Simon

Ps most of my comment on the 71 is on response to questions asked

Just publically available info Dave, Hornby posted their cads months ago.

Best Simon

Ps most of my comment on the 71 is on response to questions asked

You'll notice your last post took a while to be approved. That's the way it will be now for you and any further contentious or off topic posts will just be deleted.

Hi mate,

No, I'm going on what my shipping company tells me, and I have all he paperwork showing that the consignment is on the Leverkusen Express.

When that changes I expect I'll get more paperwork from the shipper ( and China by the way) showing the change of ship and its name.

No container number I'm afraid, and I guess as its a shared container, rather than a full of my goods one, I wouldn't get this anyway.

Good point though.

Cheers

Dave

Is there not a danger that al-Kader forces will try to hijack or sink the ship? ;)

• RMweb Gold

Saying that a delivery is on ship X means a lot more than 'delivery spring 2015'. Knowing it is actually in transit means it is very likely to arrive as opposed to said date passing and nothing being seen on the shelves. We've gone through a period where some manufacturers delivery dates appear to be works of fiction and so to have certainty for a change is great.

The Hornby Black Motor being an example. We have had at least September 2014, December 2014 and March 2015 quoted so far. If it is to be the latter it ought to be in the container by now.

• RMweb Gold

Its all very good saying shipment x is on ship xyz leaving China on day x when you only have one product. Seriously you all think the big manufacturers are going to tell you what ships their products are on. I suspect they'll use many more ships in a year than DJM will. 

Departures of Bachmann and Farish items from China are often reported on MREMAG.

Wow, feel kinda sorry for Dave

He simply gave a progress report on the Well tank and it has descended into digs about other models and whether he should give info at all :banghead:

I think Dave is experienced enough by now to know the score; most of us are interested in decent, honest reviews of his and everyone else's products and there will be a few who want to put-the-boot-in for whatever reason(s).  For the former, he just needs to keep doing what he does. 

I'm looking forward to thoughful reviews of his first products. 

• 2 weeks later...

For those who don't want to know where the Beattie tanks are...

don't press this link:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/details/ships/shipid:152670/mmsi:218565000/imo:9613006/vessel:LEVERKUSEN_EXPRESS

Is anyone else clicking on this link regularly?

These beattie tanks will soon have clocked up more miles than the real ones!

Am I alone in (probably naively) assuming that ships went direct eg China to Felixstowe? This one has already stopped in Singapore and Colombo and is now heading for Suez. 

Is it cheaper to go "all stations" rather than an express, much like trains from Paddington to Heathrow!

David

• RMweb Gold

Is anyone else clicking on this link regularly?

These beattie tanks will soon have clocked up more miles than the real ones!

Am I alone in (probably naively) assuming that ships went direct eg China to Felixstowe? This one has already stopped in Singapore and Colombo and is now heading for Suez. 

Is it cheaper to go "all stations" rather than an express, much like trains from Paddington to Heathrow!

David

Ships can't afford to hang around waiting to amass a full load of containers for a single destination so there's probably no such thing as an "express".

John

• RMweb Gold

Most of these container ships operate much like a "pick-up goods" - and hence should inspire us.

I wouldn't be surprised if the container went to Antwerp and was then trans-shipped.

Depends how the boxes are stowed - if it was loaded high it could conceivably come off anywhere enroute and be reloaded to a later vessei.

In this case the ship left Colombo at 06.55 on 11.02.15 and is eta Southampton at 19.00 on 26.02, sailing on 28.02 at 12.00; eta Antwerp 09.00 on 01.03, sailing 03.03 at 05.00; thence Hamburg eta 13.00 04.30 sailing 06.03 at 00.01; due Rotterdam 06.03 at 23.00 sailing 08.03 at 04.00.

All of that assumes it runs on time, that the weather is reasonable and that the Channel tides were taken into account when that sailing schedule was drawn up  (I would presume Hapag-Lloyd are pretty professional in that respect).  But where the box containing the Well Tanks will come off is a moot point and - as I said - depends on where the container is stowed and probably on what other groupage traffic is in the container and where it is ultimately destined.

Judging by the speeds I've seen some container ships making in the English Channel this one might not be in the slow goods category for a ship although I suppose 18 knots might not be much differeent from teh running speed of many steam era freight trips.

Hi all from Dubai,

( no I'm not bringing the Beatties back in hand luggage)

I have, however, been told they dock in the UK on the 26th of February, but as I havn't checked my mail in over a week I'll post the ship name, with Kernow's permission, once I have located the information amongst 2800+ e-mails I have gotten since I left.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Kernow's newsletter today has good news re the new batch of 0298s - they are due next month.

Not so clear is the offer of "DCC Ready" at an extra £20, which I assume is actually "DCC Fitted" as per DJM's original posting with a Gaugemaster decoder? An important distinction!