Vopak Chemical Complex, Barry docks terminal.

naturol

Having been to the Stafford show and seen some quite outstanding modern image modelling on numerous layouts, where such amazing high levels of detail were evident at eye popping quality. I have concluded this level of modelling equates to that of fine art, where as, I feel much more comfortable with a thick brush and pallet knife as an impressionist,

I use as an example the operating theatre boxes on Brighton East, excellent.

I came away very envious of the patience, dedication and skill at replicating in miniature the protypical railway. that so many exhibiting individuals at the show are able to devote to this hobby.

It was a truly inspiring show.

Good to meet so many fellow members and put faces to names.

Paul.

a rare shot from ABP. roadway showing the DOW Corning plant, a Stolt tanker, the reversing head shunt loop to the right, Jewsons up on the right, you can just make out the container terminal. And the dock view road backscene to the left.

post-9901-0-47077300-1455388667_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

These will most probably be the last images I'll post of the area, taken today stood on the roof of an Iveco truck in Jewson yard, ( whilst no staff were looking.)post-9901-0-15879300-1455567795_thumb.jpgpost-9901-0-28238700-1455567810_thumb.jpgpost-9901-0-48174000-1455567821_thumb.jpg

This last image has the reach stacker and the DOW plant in the background.

Forthcoming tour dates will see the layout at:-

Tonbridge this weekend

Thornbury in April

Derby in May

Weston super mare in September

Swansea in October.

Possibly at Cardiff show in October.

Dates into 2017 are also booked, details to follow.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Having been to the Stafford show and seen some quite outstanding modern image modelling on numerous layouts, where such amazing high levels of detail were evident at eye popping quality. I have concluded this level of modelling equates to that of fine art, where as, I feel much more comfortable with a thick brush and pallet knife as an impressionist,

Whether it's manipulated toothpaste tubes to give an overall impression or individual rivet applications to ensure precise accuracy, the consistent approach will produce the best model railway layouts. This was evident at Tonbridge where Vopak and Much Murkle were right next to each other. Both were busy all day with a constant stream of admirers, although I'm not necessarily saying that either of them used toothpaste tubes or individual rivets. :no:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wanting to run the MPV with containers is still on the cards, but I can't overcome the issue that the MPVs use an electrical connection between the units, not a Kadee, I want to run some frets between the power cars similar to that found by Ben for me in this image.

Luckily I've also got the RES 47 to hand, so thinking caps on.

post-9901-0-04466500-1459266223_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

66059 worked the ADJ to Barry today, and was unloaded on a different concrete apron located on the north side of the dock where DUNN bros, scrap used to be located. There was a secondary reach stacker performing here whilst the normal one was moving containers across the water as normal.

Three shots taken whilst the train blocked the roadway as it re positioned to allow the final three frets to be unloaded.post-9901-0-52561100-1461012363_thumb.pngpost-9901-0-46678200-1461012402_thumb.pngpost-9901-0-82773900-1461012433_thumb.png

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry for no updates for a while but social and domestic issues have taken priority.

I'm at tolworth show this weekend. Hope to see members there. Say hi I'm solo. Any interested parties can have a good and allow me to visit the O gauge guild stall.

I'm hooked.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...