OO Gauge class 71 Electric Locomotive

DJM Dave

Brilliant Dave, you've made a semi old man very happy!!!. I was hoping one of the model makers would produce a Class 71 in their plans this year, as it has been so high up on the wanted surveys and is one of the few Diesel and Electric BR types not yet produced, plus it has the aura of links to the Golden Arrow service in the 60s. I will definitely have 2 Green versions. The only pity is I may have to pension off my DC Kits kit built 71 with a 'cut and shut' Hornby Class 90 chassis with late motor, an excellent runner. This now means that all of the D&E models that I've made over the last 20 years are produced or planned as rtr models, that shows the level of progress and innovation by the model makers.

Hi Dave,

I'd just like to offer my 'Hugest Thanks Possible' for producing the 71' and the 59'.

These two are 'must haves' for my layout of 'Stewarts Lane', which should be ready to accept these models just around the same time as they are available.

Best Wishes for your future endeavours,

MANY THANKS!

Kindest Regards,

Shed.

Hi garden wall,

I'm just getting bits and pieces together, and I'll start a Kickstarter in the next 2 weeks.

I'm just tying up a scanning do at Barrow Hill so I can get a date. Maybe I'll have a scanning party for it if anyone's interested?

Cheers

Dave

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Hello Dave

Can't keep up with all your announcements today!! Very well done again.

As you know, I am a member of The Wishlist Poll Team. In the 2013 results, the Class 59 was the top-voted diesel loco (just missing being in The Overall Top 50 by four votes)

The Class 71 was the top-voted electric loco placing it in overall ninth position! The Class 74 was the second most popular electric, placing it way up in the Top 50.

I will certainly look into pacing an order for the 71 once you have the details sorted. All the very best!

Brian

Hi garden wall,

I'm just getting bits and pieces together, and I'll start a Kickstarter in the next 2 weeks.

I'm just tying up a scanning do at Barrow Hill so I can get a date. Maybe I'll have a scanning party for it if anyone's interested?

Cheers

Dave

I think Rapido had the right idea there. Not only does it allow people to see the process of shrinking a locomotive to a model, but allows interaction with the company in question, giving it a more modeller friendly feel.

I'll need a 71, for the pure reason of having one!

Edited by 69843

• RMweb Gold

Yipeeeee!!!!
As Moses said, "I'll take ten".  Well, maybe not quite that many and not all at one time, but just the thing we need for Star Lane.
Dave, you've made my day.
Just one question, will it have a working pantograph?
Cheers,
Bob.

P.S.  I'd be interested in a scanning party

Edited by Phatbob

Yippee, at last a 71 and (maybe) a 74.

I will certainly look for the kickstarter details.

Two thoughts or questions, I wonder why E5001 was not in the batch. :scratchhead:

Secondly, there are photoes of these locos with golden arrows on the front. Will there be an etching supplied for those ? :angel:

• RMweb Premium

Hells teeth , also struggling to keep up here!

This one not for me as its Darn Sarf , but still wish you and "kickstart" well

Go for it!

You are certainly enthusing us today!

I very rarely get involved with wish/frothing lists but I have wanted one of these for ages , BR blue one for me ! I know you haven't really even started with the 71 yet Dave but do you have any timescales for starting the 74 , as my wallet will need to recover from the 73,71 assault that's coming .

Excellent choice ,

cheers Paul.

I very rarely get involved with wish/frothing lists but I have wanted one of these for ages , BR blue one for me ! I know you haven't really even started with the 71 yet Dave but do you have any timescales for starting the 74 , as my wallet will need to recover from the 73,71 assault that's coming .

Excellent choice ,

cheers Paul.

no timeline for the 74 but id suggest 3 years to be fair with onward development from the 71

• Like 1

For those looking for an N gauge version please see here...

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/88277-kick-start-an-n-gauge-71/

I'd advise caution... Dave seems committed to 3D scanning regardless, but as the 00 version will be the subject of a Kickstarter campaign, it would perhaps be prudent to wait for that one to be funded and then perhaps Dave could be talked into running a second campaign for the N gauge version (remember that in effect, the rewards from KS campaigns are a method of pre-ordering in the main part). If the 00 campaign is unsuccessful, I can't see a N gauge version generating the required level of support.