N gauge Hudswell Clarke 24t 0-6-0ST

DJM Dave

This loco will keep company in the DJModels Ltd range, with the soon to appear J94, and both are suited for industrial and minor branch line work

This model is already in development within the factory in  China.

Featuring a wealth of detail using original plans and photosurveys to get that ‘just so’ look. A coreless motor and a DCC 6 pin decoder socket along with profile blackened wheels and NEM coupling pockets as standard.

NHC-001  Plain black

NHC-002  Lined green and named ‘Sir Robert McAlpine No.45’

NHC-003 Lined Apple Green

NHC-004 Weathered / distressed  Lined Red

RRP IRO £92.50

post-1144-0-65637000-1406111029.jpg

• RMweb Gold

This loco will keep company in the DJModels Ltd range, with the soon to appear J94, and both are suited for industrial and minor branch line work

This model is already in development within the factory in  China.

Featuring a wealth of detail using original plans and photosurveys to get that ‘just so’ look. A coreless motor and a DCC 6 pin decoder socket along with profile blackened wheels and NEM coupling pockets as standard.

NHC-001  Plain black

NHC-002  Lined green and named ‘Sir Robert McAlpine No.45’

NHC-003 Lined Apple Green

NHC-004 Weathered / distressed  Lined Red

RRP IRO £92.50

Hi Dave,

Please tell us that you are going to do this in 4mm....

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

Great choice Dave, perfect for the North Somerset Light. Usual questions from me - what sort of gear ratio are we looking at,  will it be split axle etc. In other words, will it be amenable to convert to 2FS without too much trouble.

The Q6 is the wrong end of the country for me although I have almost finished building one for Fencehouses. That said, I think its a wise choice and hopefully will be a good seller for you.

cheers Jerry

Great choice Dave, perfect for the North Somerset Light. Usual questions from me - what sort of gear ratio are we looking at,  will it be split axle etc. In other words, will it be amenable to convert to 2FS without too much trouble.

The Q6 is the wrong end of the country for me although I have almost finished building one for Fencehouses. That said, I think its a wise choice and hopefully will be a good seller for you.

cheers Jerry

Only ONE Q6 for Fence Houses, Gerry?  A layout that size needs at least half-a dozen........

All the very best

Les

PS- had you spotted that the real station had one nameboard calling it FENCEHOUSES (one word) and the other saying FENCE HOUSES (two words)......

Only ONE Q6 for Fence Houses, Gerry?  A layout that size needs at least half-a dozen........

Bob does have a few already that are built from his own kits (but with a layout the size of FH, you can never have too many!).

Andy

• RMweb Premium

Great stuff, nice to see a small industrial locomotive in N and hopefully more industrials on their way in the coming years. Will also be interested to see how you can fit a 6-pin DCC socket into such a tiny space.

• RMweb Gold

All the very best

Les

PS- had you spotted that the real station had one nameboard calling it FENCEHOUSES (one word) and the other saying FENCE HOUSES (two words)......

I've only built the one but, as Andy says, Bob has several. The Kit is superb (he also does the Q5) although not suitable for N or the beginner.

Jerry

• RMweb Gold

Very nice - looking forward to this one and the J94.

I've got the same intentions as Jerry, to convert to 2mm finescale. If the wheels are to NMRA standards, it might not be too much of job to convert.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Having ordered one of these for Hawthorn Dene, I've managed to find one (just one!) in the Durham coalfield.

Hudswell Clarke No. 1513 of 1924 , which had been WD70069 was sold to the NCB via repairs at Hudswell Clarke.  It arrived in January 1948 at Whitburn, and passed on to Boldon Colliery fairly quickly.  It was plated to run over BR metals between Boldon and South Shields.  It lasted to December 1959, being scrapped on site at Boldon.  Identity was "Boldon No.1513" though whether that was actually painted on I don't know. 

In "my" reality it evaded the scrapman and was transferred again to Hawthorn Dene Washery in the Easington area, lasting a couple more years. 

All the very best

Les

• AY Mod locked this topic

Archived