Bachmann NRM/Locomotionmodels.com - GNR Ivatt C1

Guest spet0114

Got an email this morning saying that the item had been "sold in store". So never got it anyway. Never mind.

Jason

Bad luck!

Now with my cynical hat on, I'd say that someone from CashConverters decided to look on the 'net and found out how much a C1 normally goes for..... :(

Edited by spet0114

In my insignificant opinion this is one area in which eBay rules are hopelessly inadequate. I feel that anybody who wishes to take advantage of the opportunity of placing an item on eBay (often for high profit if it sells) should be required to have the item available until the specified end time of the sale. No ifs, no buts, no excuses. If the item ceases to be available either through the dishonesty or the carelessness of the seller, then the seller should be barred - no matter who they are.

• RMweb Gold

In my insignificant opinion this is one area in which eBay rules are hopelessly inadequate. I feel that anybody who wishes to take advantage of the opportunity of placing an item on eBay (often for high profit if it sells) should be required to have the item available until the specified end time of the sale. No ifs, no buts, no excuses. If the item ceases to be available either through the dishonesty or the carelessness of the seller, then the seller should be barred - no matter who they are.

That doesn't benefit Ebay, so it's never going to happen. 

Guest spet0114

Unfortunately the item under discussion is/was being sold by CashConverters in Blackburn via their website, not eBay, so discussion of eBay's rules is somewhat immaterial.

Yes it was through Cash Converters. They did at least refund me straight away, with no messing about.

I was very surprised that it was already in Cash Converters. Could have be stolen. But how many of these are in circulation? I wouldn't of thought there are many in that livery and in that location. And if one had been stolen then surely the police would of been alerted? Or even Locomotion Models if somebody had ordered one and it hadn't turned up (stolen in transit or from the doorstep).

Could also be a collector that had overspent and had to pay his bills in a hurry.

I may buy one at a later date. But there is a lot of other things that are more of a priority at the moment.

Jason

• 1 month later...

My C1 has just failed quite spectacularly, first a refusal to run and then a DCC chip gone up in smoke shortly after, I'm glad it's still in warranty. Can't do hundreds without a few duffs I suppose. I'm not annoyed, I just can't wait for it to be back running again

My C1 has just failed quite spectacularly, first a refusal to run and then a DCC chip gone up in smoke shortly after, I'm glad it's still in warranty. Can't do hundreds without a few duffs I suppose. I'm not annoyed, I just can't wait for it to be back running again

Hi, sorry you got a faulty model. In box me with your name and address and I'll get you a new one sent out asap. I'll get the faulty one collected at the same time.

Or ring me 01388 771413 although I'm not back at the museum until Thursday.

Cheers

Sandra

• 2 weeks later...

I have the LNER version and have added extra lead weight in the boiler over the driving wheels. 

Yesterday I tested and ran it with a set of Gresley teaks, these included a Kirk Full brake, 4 Hornby full length Teaks and a Comet etched brass Restaurant Triplet set and a CCT Van at the rear.  The RTS adds extra weight to the train.  It had no trouble at all hauling the train.  Nice and smooth.

I am so pleased with it, I am thinking I might sell my DJH model to fund another.

Well done Bachmann and Locomotion for a superb model.

Mark in OZ

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After six months of deliberating, I finally succumbed to a GNR example on a visit to Locomotion yesterday. Not had a chance to get it out of the box yet but looking forward to having a close look at it tomorrow.

• 1 year later...
Guest Midland Mole

I had my heart set on one of these for ages, but then they announced the Stirling Single and that took precedence for me. Still love the GNR livery version of this though. :)

Alex

Guest spet0114

As you say, the Atlantic model is truly a thing of beauty. Shame about the model of 4472 behind it, which most certainly does not represent the prototype in anything like 2005 condition. I'd expect better from Locomotion....

• 3 weeks later...

As you say, the Atlantic model is truly a thing of beauty. Shame about the model of 4472 behind it, which most certainly does not represent the prototype in anything like 2005 condition. I'd expect better from Locomotion....

OT: looking at 4472 in the pic on previous page, it has an A3 boiler, and lacks the 'Australia distance world record' plates on the slashers, so presumably it is a variant of the R3081 (but later 'Refined' issue with 'ski slope, one redeeming feature of having a A3 banjo dome rather than the A4 one fitted to R3081 and R3099 - grr on what was otherwise the last of a great line of SK models). Shame. It is technically 201X (or whenever they repaint it to apple green with double chimney and deflectors).

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The C2 size of boiler won't quite fit low enough over the motor in its position in the Bachmann / NRM C1 chassis, although I have no doubt that the chassis could have been arranged to allow it to fit correctly. Quite typical of recent "no allowance for possible alternative applications" designs.