They look great Martyn I’ve used Wilkos Jacobean dark oak wood stain, I’ll post some pics this morning, what have you used to paint the rails? I’ve used precision paints rusty rails but it’s far to shiny.

Thanks again

Evening Paul,

I don't know if you have come across this guys thread, but for spraying the rails I have had best results by following this link below

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/76110-moving-coal-a-colliery-layout-in-0-gauge/?p=1163187

Hope this helps,

Martyn.

• RMweb Gold

Evening Paul,

I don't know if you have come across this guys thread, but for spraying the rails I have had best results by following this link belowhttp://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/76110-moving-coal-a-colliery-layout-in-0-gauge/?p=1163187

Hope this helps,

Martyn.

Cheers Martyn I’ll take a look :)

• Like 1

Looks very realistic.

In pedant mode, pay careful attention to how the ends of sleepers have taken the dye, if they can be seen. The end grain absorbs cresote (dye) better than the tops of sleepers, so none should look pale.

• RMweb Gold

Looks very realistic.

In pedant mode, pay careful attention to how the ends of sleepers have taken the dye, if they can be seen. The end grain absorbs cresote (dye) better than the tops of sleepers, so none should look pale.

Thanks Jeff will do

Looks Great Paul :good:

Cheers, Bob.

Thanks Bob much appreciated

• RMweb Gold

I’ve ordered some ballast in two sizes to have a play with an looking at it I think it’ll look spot on for O Gauge

Hi Paul

The ballast (and weathering), certainly looks good to me. Apologies if you've already mentioned it, but whose ballast is it please and what sizes did you go for?

Regards

Dan

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Paul

The ballast (and weathering), certainly looks good to me. Apologies if you've already mentioned it, but whose ballast is it please and what sizes did you go for?

Regards

Dan

Evening Dan sorry late reply I’m using 1mm granite chippings off eBay https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F152809260814

• RMweb Gold

Christmas an Man flu has but put end to most work this year but I did manage to lay the first official on the board sleeper last night an then a couple more, only took me a year :O

I’d like to wish all ELJ’s followers a wonderful Christmas and happy new year and thanks for sticking with me during this years slow progress, hopefully things will pick up pace next year.

Best wishes to all

post-18716-0-78474400-1513708444_thumb.jpeg

post-18716-0-06191600-1513708457_thumb.jpeg

post-18716-0-26922500-1513708469_thumb.jpeg

post-18716-0-90021900-1513708479_thumb.jpeg

Edited by PjKing1
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Paul

I have also been suffering with the man flu for a week now ...... not that I have been complaining.... honest .... SWMBO will definitely verify !!!!! (Well hopefully)

ELJ has been started that's the main objective and now whilst resting you can think of best planning and how you want the outcome to look.....

Get well soon and a Merry Christmas to you and the family...

Jim

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Merry Christmas Paul - Look forward to more of your superb weathering in 2018 :yes:

Cheers.

Bob.

Thanks Bob have a great Christmas, I’ve got a week off starting Friday so who knows I might actually get some modelling time ;)

Thanks again mate

• Like 2

Christmas an Man flu has but put end to most work this year but I did manage to lay the first official on the board sleeper last night an then a couple more, only took me a year :O

I’d like to wish all ELJ’s followers a wonderful Christmas and happy new year and thanks for sticking with me during this years slow progress, hopefully things will pick up pace next year.

Best wishes to all

Well, you`ve done more than i have this year Paul.......

Happy xmas,and here`s to more 'most excellent' modeling next year.

Cheer`s,

Brian.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Paul

I have also been suffering with the man flu for a week now ...... not that I have been complaining.... honest .... SWMBO will definitely verify !!!!! (Well hopefully)

ELJ has been started that's the main objective and now whilst resting you can think of best planning and how you want the outcome to look.....

Get well soon and a Merry Christmas to you and the family...

Jim

Thanks Jim I’m feeling bit better now but no sympathy of SWMBO either :( ELJ has been playing on my mind even at 2 in the morning if I wake up (how sad) but now I’ve made a start at least I can crack on with

this board and at a quicker pace now the hard part of starting it is out of the way.

All the best to you and your family to Jim and hope you feeling better soon.

Cheers

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Well, you`ve done more than i have this year Paul.......

Happy xmas,and here`s to more 'most excellent' modeling next year.

Cheer`s,

Brian.

Thanks Brian if I get two weeks modelling on ELJ next year I’ll of doubled this years efforts :D

All the best mate

• Like 1