Freemo 2015

I have the track to make a scenic module, but am not confident enough to build a module to Freemo standards - too precise for my... incredibly poor woodworking skills.

Does anyone know of anywhere that makes Freemo module baseboard kits? Maybe I could look into that?

As others have said, If you start with a simple, straight module then it's fairly straightforward to take a cutting list to a timber merchants and go home with a baseboard kit (unless you want to build a curved board, which would be useful).

• RMweb Gold

Well I'm doodling the couple of extensions to make the layout planners job easier. I can get both out of a 4x2 sheet of ply with a 2ft extension to the Non freemo industrial park to space it away from the Freemo line and a 3ft x 1.5ft new module.

post-6968-0-69995100-1418744552.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Right chaps who's going in September and what are you working on? I see Geoff has stated his project and Dan but how about Tim and others, how are yours coming on? :)

My two new mini modules are a sheet of ply and working on last years schedule I should be able to finish them in time as they are a third the size of what I built last year ;)

25th June

post-6968-0-87212900-1421689119.jpg

5th July

post-6968-0-28211500-1421689281_thumb.jpg

see plenty of time!

I'm still planning to come, but have done nothing over the winter...

However I'm hoping to have the awkward (i.e. Not available RTR) diamond finished in the next couple of weeks, after which it should be plain sailing until I get to the water, but at least I can bring it with a dry lake bed!

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Next question where are people staying?

Nick mentioned another Premier In has opened in Lichfield, there's the one some of us used last year next to the power station with the coal trains to watch :) The slighty cheaper Holiday Inn Express on the M6 at Jcn 13 or there's a cheapest I've found a Travelodge in Rugeley itself. Anyone booked yet?

• RMweb Gold

Next question where are people staying?

Nick mentioned anothe Premier In has opened in Lichfield, there's the one some of us used last year next to the power station with the coal trains to watch :) The slighty cheaper Holiday Inn Express on the M6 at Jcn 13 or there's a cheapest I've found a Travelodge in Rugeley itself. Anyone booked yet?

I suspect that we will go for the Premier In at the power station - easy walk into town. Theres a good Wetherspoons.

• RMweb Gold

Haven't talked to our guys yet, but I think we liked the power station premier inn last year. (Much better than the rather dingy travelodge!)

Maybe i'll get a room on the coal train side this time. :D

The scenic rooms in hotels normally cost more :sungum:

I'm going to send an initial contact email out in the next day or two - it'll go to those who were on the contact list for last year plus anyone that's indicated an interest either here or on the freemo facebook group - let me know if anyone else wants to be included in that.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Well Sammy's lumber is coming along very slowly, but at least it will be more finished than last year, the ballasting is done and the engine shed is built and in place.

post-7333-0-39373400-1428596354_thumb.jpg

I'm looking to build a new 9ft double track module with a scrap yard as the main industry, i'm just planning out a few ideas on AnyRail, here's one

post-7333-0-21604400-1428596533_thumb.jpg

Better book the premier inn then!

Archived