Modular control options - DCC

Dear all

As the debate rages on in the main thread as to what DCC system or options should be the 'normal' ... I wondered what we had, as that may help us decide on a 'route to follow' for our meets - although of course we may not necessarily use the same equipment every meet.

Please post below what DCC equipment you can provide towards a meet-up.

My equipment is Lenz, a wired base unit and LH90 handset, a Compact as a slave, and a computer interface for theoretically wireless link-up via smartphone or tablet if I ever manage to get it working.  I also have a selection of long cables.

I'm in the market to purchase new as my Elite has blown up and Hornby have declined to repair. I've shortlisted either Lenz or Digitrax with both offering a range of functionality for a modular set up so think it will come down to some personal preferences or what has more coverage in this group.

I also have a Gaugemaster Prodigy but excluding that from this process as to extend it people would need to have their own wireless throttles and I think it only supports a maximum of 4 ( I have 1 wireless and 1 wired). The Gaugemaster does not have an obvious PC control method and I've been spoilt using Hornby's Railmaster as my Mimic panel. I had intended this to be the controller for Shillingstone as I dont need a mimic panel or any automation. It does have a rotary knob (see other thread) and is very easy to use.

Archived