Kernow Model Rail Centre to produce GWR 1361 0-6-0 Saddle Tank

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

My concern is if the tank isn't due for a year or more or worse go same way as King I would try another route. Before anyone states the obvious I realise Kernow are a different company to the King company.

Maybe an update from Kernow in response would be most helpful route forward?

I think you would be better advised to ring Kernow and ask yourself rather than start an unnecessary rumour here.There is no reason at all to suppose this project will not go ahead.Several pre production models have already been delivered and displayed and some of us have had the pleasure of handling them. The case of Hattons King is totally different. The project stalled at the CAD stage and Hattons withdrew.

• RMweb Gold

My concern is if the tank isn't due for a year or more or worse go same way as King I would try another route. Before anyone states the obvious I realise Kernow are a different company to the King company.

Given the progress that has been shown, I am at a complete loss as to why you might think that.

Roy

Totally agree, Roy and Ian. Kernow have without fail delivered on their announcements. Even when the Bulleid diesels stalled due to lack of info, they never gave up hope and their faith was realised. Kernow and DJ Models are delivering excellent products and I am happy to wait as for them quality and accuracy are their aim. Compromises do have to be made but overall the finished article is in my eyes excellent. Gentle encouragement is fine along with constructive criticism but claiming the models are shelved are doing them a dis-service.

Lastly if you can't wait there is a Danish alternative but having seen the quality of models from Kernow, I for one will be waiting and I hope others will be equally supportive of Kernow.

Edited by ndg910
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

As ever Kernow will report progress when there is progress to report, that is their way of doing things.  As far as the 1361 is concerned it is a good while since the livery samples were signed off and that was the final stage before production.  After that it is simply a matter of waiting for the production slot and I don't have the slightest doubt that Kernow will let us know what is coming when they know it is coming all you need to do is get on the list for their weekly newsletter and if you want information quicker than once a week look at their Farcebook page.

and at least when it arrives the Kernow 1361 model will have the correct details for the running number each model represents as being 'thoroughly standardised' (ha, ha ha) Swindon products there were probably actually only two which were the same as each other in detail terms by the 1930s and forever subsequently.  The other three were not only different from those two but different from each other in various ways - which the Kernow model reproduces.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I think the nearest will be the '1361 in works grey' offering, with the original lower chimney. I doubt it will have the wooden roof though.

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/images/product/1361a%20(2)1462529661.jpg.jpg

Thanks Miss P.

When they eventually appear, I will put a pair on the shopping list.

• RMweb Gold

I think the nearest will be the '1361 in works grey' offering, with the original lower chimney. I doubt it will have the wooden roof though.

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/images/product/1361a%20(2)1462529661.jpg.jpg

Agree.  The only thing I'm not sure about is when they started to acquire the taller chimneys.  

And for that period very definitely avoid the model of 1363 which has substantial differences from others in the class which it appears to have acquired at a later date (the saddle tank is reputed to have come off a 1392 but i don't know when although I think it's probably later than the date you have in mind).

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I've got these beauties on the desk at the moment; I don't think I've seen so much detail per square inch on a loco before!

attachicon.gif1361-2-4_2.jpg

attachicon.gif1362-5.jpg

attachicon.gif1364-3.jpg

The first production models for review; stock should arrive in 6-8 weeks!

Now you know what I'm going to say so I'll not say it. ;)  Wowser.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I've got these beauties on the desk at the moment; I don't think I've seen so much detail per square inch on a loco before!

attachicon.gif1361-2-4_2.jpg

attachicon.gif1362-5.jpg

attachicon.gif1364-3.jpg

The first production models for review; stock should arrive in 6-8 weeks!

Hmmm. Cakebox challenge + 1361ST....  :mail:

• Like 3