We know many readers have been keenly awaiting news about the next Ixion project. We have decided to issue some preliminary news.  More news about Item 3 will be issued when the proprietor of the partner company is ready.

1. O Scale: Second run of Hudswell Clarke locomotives

Ixion Model Railways Ltd is pleased to announce that we are now sold out of green and maroon Hudswell Clarke tank locomotives. Total sales of this model now exceed 1300 units.

We have commissioned a second, limited edition run of Hudswell Clarke locomotives in a new livery of forest green, lined in red and black. An artist’s impression of the livery is included below. These will be available from selected retailers in the UK and Australia, and online from the Ixion website. We hope to have these in stock for Christmas this year.

2. HO Scale Locomotive

Ixion is pleased to announce that our next new locomotive will be produced for the Australian HO scale (1:87) market.

With two of the Ixion directors being NSW modellers, this is a logical move into their home market with a familiar prototype.

It will be a New South Wales Government Railways (NSWGR) steam locomotive, never before available in injection-moulded ready-to-run form.

Produced in the same factory which has made the acclaimed and award-winning On30 Coffee Pot, and 7mm scale Hudswell Clarke and Fowler locomotives, it will follow Ixion's well-established standards of prototype fidelity and excellence of performance, and will be DCC and sound-ready.

The identity of this locomotive will be revealed when the first computer-aided design drawings are available in October this year. Delivery is anticipated for the third quarter of 2015.

3. O Scale Locomotive

Ixion is also collaborating with another UK company on the production of a ready-to-run 7mm scale standard gauge steam locomotive suitable for both the UK and Australian markets. More information about this model will be available soon. 

Regards,

Chris

Watch the Ixion website and blog and this site for updates on all locomotives.

http://www.ixionmodels.com/

http://ixionmodels.blogspot.com.au/

Please direct any enquiries to info@ixionmodels.com

Ixion press release 25 August 2014.pdf

post-13142-0-05126400-1408979138_thumb.jpg

We know many readers have been keenly awaiting news about the next Ixion project. We have decided to issue some preliminary news.  More news about Item 3 will be issued when the proprietor of the partner company is ready.

1. O Scale: Second run of Hudswell Clarke locomotives

Ixion Model Railways Ltd is pleased to announce that we are now sold out of green and maroon Hudswell Clarke tank locomotives. Total sales of this model now exceed 1300 units.

We have commissioned a second, limited edition run of Hudswell Clarke locomotives in a new livery of forest green, lined in red and black. An artist’s impression of the livery is included below. These will be available from selected retailers in the UK and Australia, and online from the Ixion website. We hope to have these in stock for Christmas this year.

....3. O Scale Locomotive

Ixion is also collaborating with another UK company on the production of a ready-to-run 7mm scale standard gauge steam locomotive suitable for both the UK and Australian markets. More information about this model will be available soon. 

Regards,

Chris

Watch the Ixion website and blog and this site for updates on all locomotives.

http://www.ixionmodels.com/

http://ixionmodels.blogspot.com.au/

Please direct any enquiries to info@ixionmodels.com

Forest Green? Very, very pretty, and I like the way it is lined out. Can't justify a second Hudswell Clarke so will have to admire from afar.....

Now, speculation will be rife on what your "ready-to-run 7mm scale standard gauge steam locomotive suitable for both the UK and Australian markets" will be. I am at something of a disadvantage as I know nothing about the railways in Oz. So come on, RMwebbers, work out the possibilities! ( an AD60 is probably out  :jester:   Probably for the best - it would never fit on Dock Green's cassettes   :nono: )

Guest Isambarduk

"... suitable for both the UK and Australian markets."

There might be an implication here that examples of the prototype worked both in the UK and in Australia.  However, we are talking markets here, not steam locomotives; there are modellers of the UK scene in Australia (ie Australian market for a UK prototype) and modellers of the Australian scene in the UK (ie UK market for an Australian prototype) so is the field perhaps wide open for another 0-4-0 or 0-6-0 tank locomotive?   David

• RMweb Premium

I had a hint last year that one of the projects being considered would be aimed at the Australian market and wasn't 7mm. Based on a comment in the other Ixion topic http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/63015-the-next-ixion-loco-what-do-you-want/page-15&do=findComment&comment=1564689 , although I appreciate that there was a connection with Dapol for the N gauge Manor, I wouldn't expect Ixion to be involved in another joint venture with them, particularly in view of Richard Webster's position there and links with his company Lionheart Trains. Perhaps after all the comments from Adrian Swain in the various topics, the joint venture will be with ABS :O :no: :O :no:

Firstly, congratulations to Chris & the Ixion team on their success - keep up the good work, and good luck with the new ventures!

I'm guessing there may be a lead in here

post-20369-0-38336000-1409087095_thumb.jpg

A ROD 2-8-0 would be nice....

Best

Simon

Forest Green? Very, very pretty, and I like the way it is lined out. Can't justify a second Hudswell Clarke so will have to admire from afar.....

Now, speculation will be rife on what your "ready-to-run 7mm scale standard gauge steam locomotive suitable for both the UK and Australian markets" will be. I am at something of a disadvantage as I know nothing about the railways in Oz. So come on, RMwebbers, work out the possibilities! ( an AD60 is probably out  :jester:   Probably for the best - it would never fit on Dock Green's cassettes   :nono: )

A few ex Mersey Railway steam locos were exported to Australia after electrification of the line..........

Glad to see the Hudswell Clarke is to have another run; I couldn't afford one first time round, perhaps by the time the second run arrives I'll be in a position to obtain one (even if it's likely to be a "shelf Queen").

I had a hint last year that one of the projects being considered would be aimed at the Australian market and wasn't 7mm. Based on a comment in the other Ixion topic http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/63015-the-next-ixion-loco-what-do-you-want/page-15&do=findComment&comment=1564689 , although I appreciate that there was a connection with Dapol for the N gauge Manor, I wouldn't expect Ixion to be involved in another joint venture with them, particularly in view of Richard Webster's position there and links with his company Lionheart Trains. Perhaps after all the comments from Adrian Swain in the various topics, the joint venture will be with ABS :O :no: :O :no:

The HO project is pure Australian and my antipodean partners can scarcely contain their excitement. The colloborative 0 gauge project, which is not necessarily the same as a JV, is not with any of the established RTR manufacturers and not the firm suggested here by Mike. It will be a surprise when it comes. The proprietor will make an announcement when the the CAD drawings are tool-ready. 

A few ex Mersey Railway steam locos were exported to Australia after electrification of the line..........

Glad to see the Hudswell Clarke is to have another run; I couldn't afford one first time round, perhaps by the time the second run arrives I'll be in a position to obtain one (even if it's likely to be a "shelf Queen").

I have just seen the artwork for the new version of the Hudswell Clarke. Vey nice indeed; resistance is futile.

Chris

• RMweb Premium

The HO project is pure Australian and my antipodean partners can scarcely contain their excitement. The colloborative 0 gauge project, which is not necessarily the same as a JV, is not with any of the established RTR manufacturers and not the firm suggested here by Mike. It will be a surprise when it comes. The proprietor will make an announcement when the the CAD drawings are tool ready. 

Chris - I hope no one thought I was seriously suggesting a collaboration with Adrian - I'm sure Dapol regret the day he found RMweb and put fingers to keyboard as each of their topics has generated many pages of criticism and I'm sure there are times when they think why do we bother!  Of course there isn't really any extra cost in getting it right first time except for additional research to make sure your rivets are the right shape, size, and in the right place !!

Chris - I hope no one thought I was seriously suggesting a collaboration with Adrian - I'm sure Dapol regret the day he found RMweb and put fingers to keyboard as each of their topics has generated many pages of criticism and I'm sure there are times when they think why do we bother!  Of course there isn't really any extra cost in getting it right first time except for additional research to make sure your rivets are the right shape, size, and in the right place !!

Mike,

You never know on the internet. A more general point for me is that it is bad manners for one manufacturer to comment on the products of another, especially in a disparaging way. I have no problem with customers complaining about or even complimenting products because, of course, they are the ones handing over their cash. Anyway, plenty to look forward to.

Chris

And the checking, and liaising with the factory and rechecking.   On a small run this all adds up to significant amounts.     Did I mention the checkinging?

You can have an "Informative/ Useful" instead of an "Infuriating/ Annoying" for that one Chris, but only because we don't have a button for the latter :jester:

Looking forward to the announcement, not giving a lot away really as there's a lot of UK built locos that worked down under, but most of them would make an attractive model so I'm sure it'll be more temptation heading our way from Ixion :yes:

I'm looking forward to whatever Ixion is going to announce next. Although as I have already stated, I would be very much looking forward to a side-tank locomotive of some sort! I've got my eyes on the Dapol Terrier, whatever guise it finally appears as. As I'm a steam-fan, I'd be getting this before thinking about a Fowler Diesel, although I must admit that I've warmed to it because of the coupling rod drive system!

I'm looking forward to whatever Ixion is going to announce next. Although as I have already stated, I would be very much looking forward to a side-tank locomotive of some sort! I've got my eyes on the Dapol Terrier, whatever guise it finally appears as. As I'm a steam-fan, I'd be getting this before thinking about a Fowler Diesel, although I must admit that I've warmed to it because of the coupling rod drive system!

The Fowler jack-crank is quite hypnotic to watch in motion. We were very pleased when we saw a video clip of the first EP running for the first time; it was perfect. The Fowler with its chimney - copper capped to boot for GWR fans - and open-sided cab is really an honorary steamer.

• RMweb Premium

Is this the new Ixion O scale loco under construction ?????

all photos found on Google images.

After meeting Chris at Telford today I can confirm that the first photo of a loco under construction is nothing to do with Ixion - in fact a colleague has tracked down the original source of that first photo and now knows who it belongs to.

Chris is pleased with the response so far to the proposed re-run of the Manning Wardle and had expressions of interest for about a quarter of the target number in just a few days - for details of how to make a reservation see here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/89861-re-run-of-the-ixion-manning-wardle-0-4-0st/

Archived