Is this the new Ixion O scale loco under construction ?????

NSWGR 25 class or the Galloping Alice,The Midland South Western Junction Railway (MSWR)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

all photos found on Google images.

Dave Hammersley of Roxey Mouldings already does kits of the MSWJR in 7mm and 4mm scales. http://www.roxeymouldings.co.uk/product/293/4l4-galloping-alice-mswjr-2-6-0-gwr-rebuild/  http://www.roxeymouldings.co.uk/product/293/4l4-galloping-alice-mswjr-2-6-0-gwr-rebuild/  I am tempted every time I see them on his stand.

• RMweb Premium

I wasn't aware of the Roxey kit but I am told that the photo on the previous page shows a 'ready to run' loco under construction. I do not know if there is any connection between the two and so I have edited my previous comment and apologise for any confusion.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at the above photo it is a NSWGR 25 class ,as it has the large lamp,and the side air vac pump as used in Australia,So they might do a few in MSWJR livery as they had 2,But i would not have thought that there are many who model this railway,And certainly not many who model pre grouping.

• 4 weeks later...

Here are a couple of photos from our factory of the test shots of the re-liveried 0 Gauge Hudswell Clarke. Production has been authorised and started and we hope to take delivery in the UK during the second half of November (2014). THey will be available from our authorised retailers that are listed on our website or directly from the Ixion website www.ixionmodels.com

Progress on the colloborative venture with another organisation is progressing satisfactorily with the 2D general arrangement drawings of the RTR 0 gauge loco approved. Work is starting on the 3D CAD drawings.

post-13142-0-81854200-1413900428.jpg

post-13142-0-22058100-1413900429.jpg

Here are a couple of photos from our factory of the test shots of the re-liveried 0 Gauge Hudswell Clarke. Production has been authorised and started and we hope to take delivery in the UK during the second half of November (2014). THey will be available from our authorised retailers that are listed on our website or directly from the Ixion website www.ixionmodels.com

Progress on the colloborative venture with another organisation is progressing satisfactorily with the 2D general arrangement drawings of the RTR 0 gauge loco approved. Work is starting on the 3D CAD drawings.

Very pretty, but you might guess why I would prefer my apple-green one.......?   :sungum:

Looking forward to learning what the "colloborative venture" is, you tease!

• 2 weeks later...

post-1159-0-45815300-1415144825.jpg  I think it could be an Aussie 08 >>> Exported locomotives --Sixteen English Electric 060DE 350 hp locomotives were built new and exported 1951–53 to Australia, entering service on the Victorian Railways as the F class.

Then I could turn it into  a UK 08 :locomotive:

It is a great shame that Dapol have apparently grabbed the market by announcing an 08, which is always going to be available "next year". I don't know how long Ixion would take to produce this model if they started now but I suspect it would still beat Dapol to the shops and might well (based on previous efforts) be more accurate.

How about it Mr Klein?

I would suggest that the risk of developing an 08 by Ixion is to great. If and it is a big if, Dapol do release their model in 2015, then for a small company such as Ixion, the financial impact could be a disaster. I would prefer to see Ixion take a measured approach and steer clear of the 08 and stay in business.

Quite so, you make a valid point BUT in the meantime we have to kick our heels while listening to the mantra of "definitely next year". And if/when it does arrive will it be YUM or YUK? On past performance I would certainly put in an advance order for an Ixion model, a Dapol one is another matter - I would certainly want to see it first.

I'm guessing that an Ixion 08 would be both better and cheaper than a Dapol one, going by recent discussions re the hybrid milk tanks & oddly sized opens, so the disaster would likely not be in Hampshire, more likely a wailing and gnashing of teeth in Chirk.

But even so, it still doesn't look like a terribly good business plan to me - particularly as I'm hoping for something I can reasonably run on an early 30's GW line...

(That's the 1930's, I'd bet there will still be real 08's trundling round in the 2030's)

Come on Chris, let's have some news - the suspense is killing us!

Best

Simon

We'd love to do the 08, but it is too risky for us to go head-to-head with Dapol. The announcement concerning the collaborative project will be made by the principal of the new concern. I know it's frustrating for everyone, but we are acutely aware of the annoyance of advance announcements followed by a very long gestation period.

Regards,

Chris

It is a great shame that Dapol have apparently grabbed the market by announcing an 08, which is always going to be available "next year". I don't know how long Ixion would take to produce this model if they started now but I suspect it would still beat Dapol to the shops and might well (based on previous efforts) be more accurate.

How about it Mr Klein?

I have written very similar elsewhere, yet I have also written about duplication too. I am sure, judging by Ixion's performance to date that they would get an 08 to market quicker than Dapol, yet it is too big a risk for Ixion. IMHO Dapol are struggling, poor release qty's and too much stock, plus build detail/quality issues. Dapol have looked to diversify into 7mm and that, as we, know, has, on the whole, been poorly executed - which doesnt help the RTR cause or anyone else for that matter.

We'd love to do the 08, but it is too risky for us to go head-to-head with Dapol. The announcement concerning the collaborative project will be made he principal of the new concern. I know it' frustrating for everyone, but we are acutely aware of the annoyance of advance announcements followed by a very long gestation period.

Regards,

Chris

I couldnt agree more Chris, very wise, on all fronts, if a little frustrating for us punters, but before the days of t'interweb we wouldnt have known any different anyway LOL!

We'd love to do the 08, but it is too risky for us to go head-to-head with Dapol. The announcement concerning the collaborative project will be made he principal of the new concern. I know it' frustrating for everyone, but we are acutely aware of the annoyance of advance announcements followed by a very long gestation period.

Regards,

Chris

I am sure this is the wisest course. As I recall there was not that much of a delay between you posting the computer design drawings, and later a video of a sample running until we could all start rattling our piggy banks. In the meantime speculation will be rife, with me (for one) hoping that it will not be a nasty Swindon thing....

That's OK then. Swindon would not have built the majority the South Wales pregrouping stock that ended up in GWR ownership. Plenty of scope there I think!!!!

Now listen.....that's just not playing fair......what would a pre-grouping South Wales loco be doing in North London?

To be serious for a moment you can see why Ixion have gone down the route of small industrials - it must be a bit of a nightmare deciding what to produce, to avoid duplication and to get the widest possible appeal. As soon as you select a "main-line" subject to model you reduce the possible market - and 7mm is not a huge one to start with. Of course if you can find a prototype that will not only have a wide appeal but will also allow the legend "Great Western" to be legitimately applied.... well that doesn't do sales any harm......all sorts of far-fetched tales will be used, no doubt, to justify the Ixion Fowler in it's GWR finery appearing at numerous GWR BLTs. And why not?

Chaz

We'd love to do the 08, but it is too risky for us to go head-to-head with Dapol. The announcement concerning the collaborative project will be made by the principal of the new concern. I know it's frustrating for everyone, but we are acutely aware of the annoyance of advance announcements followed by a very long gestation period.

Regards,

Chris

what about an 09 then?! 

or an 01, 03, 05....

Archived