Closest you'll get is a Class 11, which ran down in Victoria (on 5' 3" track) as the VR F Class, as previously mentioned on the thread

A few I could see in the tank department are:

*16" Hunslet 0-6-0ST-one ran with the NSW Public Works Department as No.79 'Plum', which is in the collection of Transport Heritage NSW

*Mersey Railway 0-6-4T-J&A Brown imported a few, including the first, which survives in the collection of THNSW

*Avonside 0-4-0ST-A few made it out here, as well as some locally-made copies

strange where the web takes you.  I looked up the Avonside 0-4-0ST, and via Wikipedia found the Dorrigo Steam Railway and Museum. 

They have a rolling stock collection that would rival some 00 gauge set-ups!

http://www.dsrm.org.au/

thanks for the diversion, now to work!

Simon

I don't recommend looking here then:

http://www.australiansteam.com/nswindframe.htm

• 2 years later...

Is there any chance of Ixion doing any more N gauge? Maybe a coach or waggon? Now that Mathieson has stopped producing his excellent wagon (apparently due to lack of time to spare to it compared to his main job) there may be a gap in the market!

Sam.

strange where the web takes you.  I looked up the Avonside 0-4-0ST, and via Wikipedia found the Dorrigo Steam Railway and Museum. 

They have a rolling stock collection that would rival some 00 gauge set-ups!

http://www.dsrm.org.au/

thanks for the diversion, now to work!

Simon

They certainly do. Plus the spiders and snakes.

I was there with one of the Ixion guys a goodly few years back, and was warned by the bloke in charge about what venemous snake was under each row of loco's and what spiders inhabited what loco.

Very sobering, but what a collection. Totally off limits without permission or membership, but worth the travel and trouble if you want the 'Barry experience'!

Pics on my zenfolio site under trains of the world , then Australian trains.

Cheers

Dave

They certainly do. Plus the spiders and snakes.

I was there with one of the Ixion guys a goodly few years back, and was warned by the bloke in charge about what venemous snake was under each row of loco's and what spiders inhabited what loco.

Very sobering, but what a collection. Totally off limits without permission or membership, but worth the travel and trouble if you want the 'Barry experience'!

Pics on my zenfolio site under trains of the world , then Australian trains.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

The things that you have to go through just to manufacture a model! Very sobering! Eeeek!!

The museum looks/sounds superb, I like the idea of Australia, we have friends there, but all of those snakes and creepy crawlies that can kill you! I am pretty stoic most of the time.......

My dad was once called in for consultancy for repairs to a snake house and he had to make several visits, on one visit he was told that a small viper (almost large worm size) - kills with minutes, even the babies are loaded with venom - had gotten out and they were looking for it! He made his excuses and left!

On another occasion, when the works were finished, he had to visit on a weekend, and with pester power from a much younger version of me (aged 6 or so) finally let me tag along. All the snakes were happily in their glass homes and the guys were explaining what each was, I noted one vivarium and nowt seemed to be in it/nowt going on, so whilst the adults weren't looking I tapped on the glass with my fingers, the vivarium was eye level for me AND - before the keepers could tell me to stop - this viscous little snake went for my face and its venom was trickling down the inside of the glass within seconds - out of nowhere! Now you could have said I had it coming, but I hate the scaly things now, Im like Saint Patrick Id banish all of em (yet I love most animals).

On one occasion, when about 10 years old, I climbed a ladder very quickly (dad was working on a Nissan Hut roof) - and I aint that keen on heights - when an adder honed into view (they are usually very shy and wriggle away from humans quickly and not as aggressive as eg. a black mamba or similar). Some of the miniature vipers freak me out, I nearly, when out for a walk a few years back, trod on a slow-worm (lovely little lizard) sunning itself (glad that I didnt harm the little fella though), just imagine if that had been in Auz, it could have been the lesser spotted ankle biting viper! :O

Where to next to measure up locos? The Amazon? :jester:

ATVB

CME

Hi Dave,

The things that you have to go through just to manufacture a model! Very sobering! Eeeek!!

The museum looks/sounds superb, I like the idea of Australia, we have friends there, but all of those snakes and creepy crawlies that can kill you! I am pretty stoic most of the time.......

My dad was once called in for consultancy for repairs to a snake house and he had to make several visits, on one visit he was told that a small viper (almost large worm size) - kills with minutes, even the babies are loaded with venom - had gotten out and they were looking for it! He made his excuses and left!

On another occasion, when the works were finished, he had to visit on a weekend, and with pester power from a much younger version of me (aged 6 or so) finally let me tag along. All the snakes were happily in their glass homes and the guys were explaining what each was, I noted one vivarium and nowt seemed to be in it/nowt going on, so whilst the adults weren't looking I tapped on the glass with my fingers, the vivarium was eye level for me AND - before the keepers could tell me to stop - this viscous little snake went for my face and its venom was trickling down the inside of the glass within seconds - out of nowhere! Now you could have said I had it coming, but I hate the scaly things now, Im like Saint Patrick Id banish all of em (yet I love most animals).

On one occasion, when about 10 years old, I climbed a ladder very quickly (dad was working on a Nissan Hut roof) - and I aint that keen on heights - when an adder honed into view (they are usually very shy and wriggle away from humans quickly and not as aggressive as eg. a black mamba or similar). Some of the miniature vipers freak me out, I nearly, when out for a walk a few years back, trod on a slow-worm (lovely little lizard) sunning itself (glad that I didnt harm the little fella though), just imagine if that had been in Auz, it could have been the lesser spotted ankle biting viper! :O

Where to next to measure up locos? The Amazon? :jester:

ATVB

CME

Well it's not far from there to the fabled lost L&B loco so who knows, although having visited Amazon I didn't find it that bad, although I ended up buying a few books and a set of steak knives ;-)

Well it's not far from there to the fabled lost L&B loco so who knows, although having visited Amazon I didn't find it that bad, although I ended up buying a few books and a set of steak knives ;-)

Is that loco not supposed to of landed in Recife for use in the sugar plantations Pernambuco. The Amazon is beautiful I live on its edge.

Thanks for the reply Chris.

Can you say any more? i.e. why please? Just to put my mind at rest.

Sam.

Sam,

Our foci are Australian H0 (two of the Ixion partners are Australian) and British 0 Gauge. These market segments better suit our business model.

Regards,

Chris

Archived