Hattons announce OO Gauge King

Andy Y

The Future King

New OO Gauge GWR 4-6-0 set to reign supreme.

1200px-Hugh_llewelyn_6023_(5594994775).jpg

"Hugh Llewelyn 6023 (5594994775)" by Hugh Llewelyn from Bristol, UK - 6023

Uploaded by Oxyman. Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Hugh_llewelyn_6023_(5594994775).jpg#mediaviewer/File:Hugh_llewelyn_6023_(5594994775).jpg

Hattons Model Railways latest OO gauge locomotive follows in the footsteps of their groundbreaking ‘BeyerGarratt’ project.

The GWR 6000 ‘King’ Class 4-6-0 was the pinnacle of the Great Western Railway’s express passenger locomotives with the powerful and glamorous locomotives not being superseded until the advent of Diesel Hydraulic replacements in 1962. The thirty locomotives were named after Kings and Monarchs throughout British history, making them popular with enthusiasts and the travelling public alike. Three survive into preservation, with No.6000 part of the National Collection, and No.6023 in the care of the Great Western Society based at Didcot. Our new, innovating 21st century model will be designed and produced in partnership with DJModels and will set new standards for a ready-to-run locomotive, with laser scanning technology used to produce CAD drawings to ensure a definitively accurate model, and levels of detail only previously seen on high quality brass locomotives. Delivery due late 2015/early 2016

Pre-ordering pages are now live on Hattons site - http://www.ehattons.com/stocklist/results.aspx?searchfield=Dave%20Jones%20King

Hi everyone,

This is a heck of a model for me as I have been asked to almost 'indulge' myself with regards to detail and features.

This, it is hoped, steps away from clever design to even more 'correct design', and I am glad I've been asked to bring the King to you all.

More updates from Hatton's and myself as they happen I'm sure.

Cheers

Dave

I think it is to be honest mate and I thank you for the kind words.

Now I have the 2 big boys showing faith in me, perhaps others might too ;-)

I don't think this ones going to take to long either ;-)))

Cheers

Dave

Hi everyone,

This is a heck of a model for me as I have been asked to almost 'indulge' myself with regards to detail and features.

This, it is hoped, steps away from clever design to even more 'correct design', and I am glad I've been asked to bring the King to you all.

Back-driveable gearbox instead of worms?

• RMweb Premium

ABSOBLOODYLUTELY fantastic! Dave you are a hero. The King was regarded by many as one of the best locos ever built and a decent model is a must alongside other greats like A4s the Duchess and MN which have all been updated, now we are to see a King, My order will be in pronto

Dere Santa Dave

As yew've takin caer of all mi presints

Fore the nixt free yeres at leest

Jane sez I've got ter be a reely gud bouy

I dint noe if I kin be that gud fer that longue............................ :cry:

• RMweb Premium

King John ordered, if I were a rich man I would order a fleet of these magnificent beasts. Will you give us regular updates etc. like you did for the Dapol Western Dave? It would be nice to see it coming to fruition.

• RMweb Gold

Congratulations on being asked to make such a grand loco, another real show of confidence in you and your skills. Interesting considering who Hattons asked to make their last commission

A blue preserved example is going to be hard to resist. :locomotive:

• RMweb Gold

That is going to be one heck of a task Dave - effectively taking on the class from, almost, beginning to end with all the changes that came in between - especially in the BR period when the final state (double chimney, high temperature superheat, renewed front end and so on) started to almost make them look like different engines from certain angles.  

So a big task and the very best of luck with it, and good to see a further commissioner has expressed faith in you and the factory you are using in China.  I hope they're not too upset in Swindon ;)

There are so many great announcements coming from DJ Models at the moment... can't wait to start seeing some appear in the flesh. I'm liking what I'm hearing so far! This one will have to be added to my list of preorders - I think DJ Models will be getting more of my money than anyone else this year.

• RMweb Gold

edit: reread the first post and its due end of next year / early 16.

Heres to a decent bonus next year and I will be getting one...

Dave, a quick question.  What is your intention regarding the chassis?  Will any axles be sprung, and will P4 wheels fit between the splashers?

Archived