Class 309 EMU Parts

Pete Harvey

I have just some Class 309 parts to my Shapeways 3D Print Site.

post-6665-0-17220700-1409598053.jpg

post-6665-0-63719700-1409598054.jpg

Cab with Partial Pantograph Well.

post-6665-0-07136500-1409598056_thumb.jpg

Replacement Roof with Partial Pantograph Well.

post-6665-0-28329700-1409598057_thumb.jpg

Full Replacement Roof with full Pantograph Well.

post-6665-0-53535400-1409600969_thumb.jpg

Replacement Roof to fit Cab.

post-6665-0-48593500-1409598513.jpg

EMU Type Corridor Connection

I'm still working on the large window cab version as that may need an etch designing for the cab window rubbers.

Pete

That really looks the business Pete  :good:

This is leading me on to an off topic question.....

...If, by any chance, Hornby fail to improve the front end look of their forthcoming B/G 4-VEP, would you consider producing a replacement cut and shut accessory for same ?

This could be based around this excellent model 4-CIG, by Colin Parks.

Post #s 239/242

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/51422-4-cig-for-newhaven-harbour/page-10

All the best,

Frank.

Frank

I'm sure something can be sorted out for the 4-Vep but the thing that makes Colin's 4-Cig so good is Colin built it.

Adam

If you would like to contact me through my site we can sort something out.

The same goes for any 7mm modelers who may be interested?

Pete

• RMweb Gold

That really looks the business Pete  :good:

This is leading me on to an off topic question.....

...If, by any chance, Hornby fail to improve the front end look of their forthcoming B/G 4-VEP, would you consider producing a replacement cut and shut accessory for same ?

That has already been done and cast in resin. Should be available from Tom Harwin (tomstaf on here).

Cheers, Mike

Hi,

Can anyone post a link about the resin 4-vep ends?, Searched any cant find anything about them on here.

I might have posted it on the VEP thread here but there's about 2 zillion pages to wade through to find it. It's part of the 'demu details initiative': http://www.demu.org.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15616.0.html It wasn't a cut n plug replacement though. I re did the corridor parts in resin and you'd need to cut the existing cab to loose the extra width and then glue and use the resin parts. I presume Pete would offer an entire replacement cab. 

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tom

You are correct I would but I'm not going to re invent the wheel, so if you could post something on a thread on this forum please it would be great as not everyone on here is a member of Demu.

Even if it's just some pictures and your contact info?

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tom

You are correct I would but I'm not going to re invent the wheel, so if you could post something on a thread on this forum please it would be great as not everyone on here is a member of Demu.

Even if it's just some pictures and your contact info?

Pete

Hi, I missed this message Pete. Feel free to drop me a pm for more info.

Cheers

Tom

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Found this topic by chance! Have posted about the class 309s in a seperate post but I am referring to the griddle cars used. Would like to make a 10 car set and this carriage is the tricky part! Looking at the resin cab part on here I would also like one of them now!

Completely off topic but with the replacement roofs for the unit, would it be possible to do a similar replacement for the mentor OHL train? Then again the body sides could prove difficult to convert

Would love a mentor in yellow!

• RMweb Premium

A 309 is inappropriate for my layout, but I do think they are very nice units. IIRC they were used for a very short period on London - Manchester services.

If someone was to write an article on how to make one from MK1 coaches and these parts, I would be tempted to have a go at the conversion, perhaps for pne pf the two car sets.

• 6 months later...

Archived