Heljan GWR 1366 0-6-0 Pannier Tank

Ozexpatriate

Given that Heljan were stating that they were following the 1366 with a 1361, is anyone taking bets on either of these appearing in the same century as the Kernow 1361?

Silence may or may not be golden, I don't hear colours....

Just a thought

Les

• 2 weeks later...

Having made a snipe at them on their Facebook page regarding lack of information and progress reports, they have confirmed that they will be releasing it in 2016 and each livery should soon be availible

Edited by gooderz
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Another long wait from Heljan it seems! As the 02 tango seems ahead in the OO gauge queue, it's reasonable to expect deliver summer or autumn 2016. It would be nice for Heljan to break radio silence other than at Warley when no doubt another announcement will be made and any update message lost in the resultant frothing!

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Nice to see progress being made with these. Amongst the higher profile releases these tend to get forgotten about but this and the 1361 are two of the more interesting new items I'm awaiting.

• 4 weeks later...

Recently reading one of the model railway mags, Hornby magazine i think, had a section on the Warley show which this model featured in. Anyone wishing to buy one (ike myself) best get saving now. expected retail price is circa £160 mark! for a small tank engine!

I'm going to make enquiries with Heljan over this as i hope this price is not going to be true.

• RMweb Gold

Recently reading one of the model railway mags, Hornby magazine i think, had a section on the Warley show which this model featured in. Anyone wishing to buy one (ike myself) best get saving now. expected retail price is circa £160 mark! for a small tank engine!

I'm going to make enquiries with Heljan over this as i hope this price is not going to be true.

The price Heljan were showing on their stand at Warley was £169.95

• RMweb Gold

Glad it's something I only want one of, then...........

Rather steep in comparison with the Bachmann-for-Model Rail USA which should have cost much the same to produce.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling

I presume that if they are setting this as the price they have factored in that they will not be selling very many!

Godfrey

PS Happy Christmas everyone!

I can just about swallow that for a 47xx, but here they seriously put themselves at a disadvantage in the market for small GWR tank locos.

• RMweb Premium

Continental prices are here to stay.

Only if you pay them. Still plenty of bargains around and as Black 5 Bear let's see what happens when they are on the shelves for a while.

• RMweb Gold

Until they are gathering dust on the shelves of the likes of Rails, Hattons etc who regularly discount certain Heljan products by 50%. Maybe it will be different with their steam range, I somehow doubt it.

Trouble is, the ones with the 50% discounts are seldom the version I want............

J.

• RMweb Gold

Continental prices are here to stay.

I presume you mean European HO ? In fact,they are a good deal higher than OO British outline.I do not think this comparison is relevant.Most Is manufactured to a higher standard in any case.If the market begins to sag,we'll know about it soon enough.

• 4 months later...

Have received advice today from Hattons that they have been notified by Heljan of a reduction, yes reduction, in the rrp of both the 1366 and 1361 models - extract below:

'Heljan have informed us that a lower RRP of £159.95 now applies for this model, resulting in a sale price of £124, as opposed to our original price of £131. This price decrease is applicable to both the Heljan Class 1361 and the Heljan Class 1366 locomotives, ' 

• Like 1