Heljan GWR 1366 0-6-0 Pannier Tank

Ozexpatriate

• 2 months later...

Any word about deco samples for the two Heljan GWR tank engines?

I've not heard anything for months. diabolical from Heljan to be honest wit the lack of updates. Hornby and DJ models and hattons are putting them to shame with respect to product updates

• RMweb Premium

It's the same with the 47xx. There is going to be hell to pay of there are mistakes with these models, especially since they didn't take the opportunity to have modellers look at the samples to find any mistakes prior to production.

• RMweb Gold

Diabolical? Hell to pay?

Really? ;) If they're bad then don't buy them, they're only models. If they choose not to ask everyone for an opinion then that's their decision based on their experience. They seem to be surviving ok despite producing numerous models to these 'diabolical' standards.

Funny that . . . and yes I know there's always the argument of if only they'd listened but there's always differing opinions from the 'experts' too.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

This is partly the problem though, just because another company chooses to give updates, and get criticised too for still being slow, doesn't make another keeping quiet 'diabolical' ;)

None of these pre orders are cash sitting in the manufacturers account so apart from impatience no one is suffering.

I wish, XXXXXX would keep us informed like XXXXXX, appears in every manufacturers thread st some stage with any of the main companies interchangeable in the slots. Bachmann are criticised for not updating about their 009 while Heljan applauded for updates. Fact is many concentrate on the one model they want and don't look at the broader view, have you tried a polite email enquiry to Heljan?

Heljan tend to show new mouldings at shows so I expect the next major opportunity will be Peterborough or the NEC.

The CAD so far looks nice and one of each tank will probably find their way into my layout, I just can't decide what livery yet ;)

The net and forums have spoilt us with too much info and get us frothing, in 7/8ths it got so bad that two small manufacturers said, blow this abuse, and stopped because people were demanding more and more. Even the bigger makers like Heljan don't have a PR division like Apple . . .

I'm not 'homing in' on them because i want the 1366 pannier (passed my firing exam on 1369). I have, over the past year and a bit, tried asking them via email and facebook for updates (not regularly) and dont get an answer at all.

Either way, im happy to sit patiently for it to arrive. from what i've seen, they have got the model, so far, bang on the money.

• Like 1

Guest 40-something

I've not heard anything for months. diabolical from Heljan to be honest wit the lack of updates. Hornby and DJ models and hattons are putting them to shame with respect to product updates

Wow.  Diabolical.  Families relying on food banks is bad but no news from Heljan, that really is diabolical.  

How dare they

• Like 1

Hattons have changed one of the pictures in their forthcoming releases section for each class to show a decorated sample rather than the CAD image. Looking good! Still reporting Nov/Dec 16 delivery so no change there.

Cheers for the pointer. Just had a look. it looks pretty smack on the mark apart from black coupling rods.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

According to Heljan's Facebook page, factory production is completed with shipping from China imminent:

"The Pannier Tank (class 1366) is ready to be shipped out from China this coming Saturday. This goes for the following numbers:

• 1320 GWR 1366 in green with monogram logo
  • 1321 GWR 1369 in green with GREAT WESTERN lettering
  • 1322 GWR 1370 in green with G W R lettering
  • 1323 BR 1367 in black with early 'lion & wheel' quest
  • 1324 BR 1368 in black with late 'lion & wheel' quest

Arriving Denmark late November / early December in time for Christmas 1f603.png

https://www.facebook.com/heljanas/photos/pcb.1269385739790956/1269374756458721/?type=3&theater

Each has a SRP of £159,95 each.

The remaining ones (class 1361) will be ready one month later!"

https://www.facebook.com/heljanas/

Edited by dcroz

According to Heljan's Facebook page, factory production is completed with shipping from China imminent:

"The Pannier Tank (class 1366) is ready to be shipped out from China this coming Saturday. This goes for the following numbers;

1320 GWR 1366 in green with monogram logo

1321 GWR 1369 in green with GREAT WESTERN lettering

1322 GWR 1370 in green with G W R lettering

1323 BR 1367 in black with early 'lion & wheel' quest

1324 BR 1368 in black with late 'lion & wheel' quest

Arriving Denmark late November / early December in time for Christmas 1f603.png

https://www.facebook.com/heljanas/photos/pcb.1269385739790956/1269374756458721/?type=3&theater

Each has a SRP of £159,95 each.

The remaining ones (class 1361) will be ready one month later!"

https://www.facebook.com/heljanas/

Does this mean that we have to go looking for the BR versions? :)

(I realise that the quote is directly from Heljan and the spelling is not yours.)

It's the same with the 47xx. There is going to be hell to pay of there are mistakes with these models, especially since they didn't take the opportunity to have modellers look at the samples to find any mistakes prior to production.

I put a comment regarding the 47XX and update a few weeks ago...........................this is a different thread!

I will reiterate, when a suitable sample is received and approved it will be posted on the relevant thread. Up and till then there is further development taking place which is being monitored by a panel of suitably qualified people, including those who are building a 12" : 1 foot version, and when we are all satisfied then pre-production samples will be shown.

• Like 1