post-14186-0-85442800-1409733864_thumb.jpg

The RMweb Issue: Layouts and projects chosen by YOU!

Welcome to the first-ever ‘RMweb Issue’ – a whole issue of BRM that has been chosen by you, members of RMweb! You may recall that we posted a poll, asking you which layouts and projects you wanted including in this special issue of BRM. And, we asked for RMweb members to nominate themselves to be ‘guest editors’ for this issue. Well, the resulting issue goes on-sale as a Digital Edition on Friday (September 5th) and the paper version will be in shops from Thursday, September 11th. Here’s what’s included:

4 GREAT LAYOUTS

·         Bacup – Voted top layout in our RMweb Poll, Bacup is a look back at a more industrial 1960s Lancashire.

·         Warren Lane – Due for retirement, we couldn’t resist having one last look at this popular modern image layout.

·         Little Bytham – An update on the latest developments for Tony Wright’s impressive ECML layout.

·         Apa Park – Great layouts don’t have to be big. RMweb member Steve Purves took the boxfile concept to a new level with this budget N gauge layout, housed in a converted IKEA toy box!

PRACTICAL BRM

·         Fitting sound to a Hornby J94

·         BRM Project Layout – Stokesay (N)

·         How to build a Network Rail DBSO

·         Modelling the Network Rail Fleet

·         How to fit hand thrown points

…AND THE REST

·         Prototype Inspiration: locomotive colours

·         Prototype Inspiration: Class 47-hauled Speedlink traffic

·         Interview: BBC Radio 6 presenter Steve Lamacq

·         The Gentlemen’s Restroom: an ‘interesting’ diorama

PRODUCTS

·         Buyer’s Guide: Hornby rebuilt Merchant Navy

·         What’s New: announcements from Bachmann, DJ Models and Kernow

·         Reviews: a detailed look at the Farish Class 25 and Heljan Class 26/0

·         Tried & Tested: Minx Microdrives

·         Tried & Tested: Lcut Laser-Cut Engine Shed

BRM BUMPER PACK

And, don’t forget that a special Bumper Pack version of BRM will include a ‘BRM TV’ DVD. This DVD includes Gilbert Barnatt’s stunning Peterborough North layout and Ian Mellor’s Summat Colliery, as well as Phil Parker taking a look at laser-cut kits and Howard Smith fitting carriage lighting. The Bumper Pack sells for £4.99 and is only available from WHSmiths.

If you can’t get a copy of the Bumper Pack, but want to watch the DVD you can download the DVD for just 99p from: www.pocketmags.com/BRM

post-14186-0-78132700-1409733867_thumb.jpg

Is the bumper pack available separately or would I have to buy the magazine as well? I've subscribed and I'd be interested in the entire content of the bumper pack not just the DVD but I'm not paying £8.74 (including the second main mag) just for the bumper pack.

Rhys

A day of pressing refresh on the tablet!

I've just tried to call the office to get an update when the edition will go live as the team are all in different places around the country today so I'm not sure what time it will be unleashed.

• RMweb Premium

I was thinking the same thing, even though I know what the layout, photos and article look like :)

(Unless my scrawlings have been replaced with something that makes more sense :D)

Archived