FARISH WEBSITE UPDATES

Crepello

What? No  "trombone pipe?".

I think 710 should have this visible (its shown No.1 cab leading, whilst 701/711 are the other way round).

This is an extremely prominent feature of the "shoves" and was captured correctly on the 4mm scale models, so it may sway my decision not to purchase one.

Cheers,

Paul.

• RMweb Gold

The 57s came with the side pipes correctly moulded, so it's surprising that they are missing here. As these are pre-production samples, they may be using a standard 47 chassis for now.

If they guys at Bachmann are reading, any chance of making sure this distinctive feature is present and correct for production?

• RMweb Premium

Indeed...I hope the pre order price I have on the Polybulks is honoured!!!!!

Email says my Polybulks are in the post and the pre order price has been honored......just over £10 each!!!

Wish I'd ordered more!!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

So between the announcement and the production of the model the price has almost tripled!  :O

When I ordered them a certain retailer had them shown as pre order at £10.16 a mistake I'm sure. I think they were expected to be about £25 each so probably £22 each......... the unweathered ones are now £39.95 list price.

• RMweb Premium

gallery_681_3498_109073.jpg

gallery_681_3498_50462.jpg

gallery_681_3498_46650.jpg

gallery_681_3498_49020.jpg

In the box are air pipes and coupler hooks....no other length Rapidos. The bogie pivots maybe glued in, mine haven't budged the coupler may also be custom for this wagon, doesn't match anything I have.

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium

What is the history of the prototype of the polybulk wagons? Are they still in use, class that pulled them, block train or speedlink, if still used what TOC is usually pulling them?

Thank you

Stephen

Introduced 1973....... Still in use but not in the liveries released. The earliest livery is the POLYBULK in large letters. Certainly lasted into the late 1980's.

Block train and Speedlink services as well as International use via the train ferry.

Check out Paul Bartletts website http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/polybulk

Edited by acg5324

gallery_681_3498_109073.jpg

gallery_681_3498_50462.jpg

gallery_681_3498_46650.jpg

gallery_681_3498_49020.jpg

In the box are air pipes and coupler hooks....no other length Rapidos. The bogie pivots maybe glued in, mine haven't budged the coupler may also be custom for this wagon, doesn't match anything I have.

They're a bit good those polybulks! Now Mr Farish, how about some Tiger PBA's to go with!! Nudge nudge!!

• Like 1

There are\were two types of the Polybulk, both built for service on the air brake network\Speedlink. Bachmann have depicted the smaller one, which was apparently mostly used for China Clay traffic and miscellaneous powders etc. The (I think more common) larger type was used for (less dense) grain traffic and were quickly branded "GRAINFLOW" - they are depicted by the N Gauge Society plastic\card\brass kit.

Still, the Bach\Far wagon is so good, I couldn't resist buying one of each livery with the intention of running as a "grain" wagon!

I pre ordered polybulks for the low price mentioned elsewhere in this thread but the shop say they will not honour this price. Yet I read on here that some others have received their wagons for the pre order price.

Any thoughts?

Why have some people been sent their wagons for the pre order price but not me???

Tim

Edited by bluedepot

I pre ordered polybulks for the low price mentioned elsewhere in this thread but the shop say they will not honour this price. Yet I read on here that some others have received their wagons for the pre order price.

Any thoughts?

Why have some people been sent their wagons for the pre order price but not me???

Tim

The whole point of pre-order is to secure the original advertised price. When I received my re-tooled Deltic, the lower original price was honoured. I'd take it up with the shop if I was you. Might be worth checking what the other shops have done. Someone on here got there's for just over a tenner each.

Edited by cornish trains jez

• RMweb Premium

Any thoughts?

Tim

Mine came from Hattons....didn't know Rails of Sheffield had the same price displayed. Might be a case for Trading Standards if they won't honor the price advertised.

• RMweb Premium

Mine came from Hattons....didn't know Rails of Sheffield had the same price displayed. Might be a case for Trading Standards if they won't honor the price advertised.

Hi

Prices are not a legally binding contract they are an invitation to treat and if an item is displayed at an incorrect price the supplier is under no obligation to supply it at that price. There is also E&OE which will probably appear in their terms and conditions.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by PaulCheffus

Hi

Prices are not a legally binding contract they are an invitation to treat and if an item is displayed at an incorrect price the supplier is under no obligation to supply it at that price. There is also E&OE which will probably appear in their terms and conditions.

Cheers

Paul

But if the original price was agreed at the time of preorder, surely they should honour that price, even though no monies changed hands.

I'm not a lawyer but it's not good practice what has taken place and isn't good for the industry.

With the recent price surges, there was always going to be times when retailers had to make a decision regarding honouring pre-order prices.  They, of course, have to weigh up the cost of selling these particular wagons at a loss versus the future lost business this will result in (I don't think it'll be too bad personally, as long as an explanation is given).  Hatton's position means they can honour the pre-order price, Rails of Sheffield aren't in a position to do so and every other retailer with a pre-order price will have to make the same choice.  That's why many retailers have stopped giving pre-order prices or price promises. 

One that has affected me is the increase in the cost of the Kernow Thumper, but I understand why it had to go up and am willing to pay the extra for what is a quality model (OK, I can't shop around for this particular one, but I assume the Bachmann 15% maximum reduction applies to Farish items).

Edited by BR(S)

• RMweb Premium

With the recent price surges, there was always going to be times when retailers had to make a decision regarding honouring pre-order prices.  They, of course, have to weigh up the cost of selling these particular wagons at a loss versus the future lost business this will result in (I don't think it'll be too bad personally, as long as an explanation is given).  Hatton's position means they can honour the pre-order price, Rails of Sheffield aren't in a position to do so and every other retailer with a pre-order price will have to make the same choice.  That's why many retailers have stopped giving pre-order prices or price promises. 

Don't get drawn in by the song and dance that Hattons make on their website about honouring pre order prices. Fact is that they don't always do it.

In this instance Hattons have honoured the pre-order price on my 5 wagons. When the Bachmann price increases were announced they invited people to pre-order at the old prices, and all credit to them for honouring the commitment. Must have missed out on the song and dance page.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

In this instance Hattons have honoured the pre-order price on my 5 wagons. When the Bachmann price increases were announced they invited people to pre-order at the old prices, and all credit to them for honouring the commitment. Must have missed out on the song and dance page.

Whilst they have honoured their commitment in this case they have not for some other models.