FARISH WEBSITE UPDATES

Crepello

A new update today--80027 still Aug/Sep but 80119 now Oct/Nov

Hmm, odd, as review samples (at least of 80119) have already been circulated to the press/mags. As they claim the review samples are taken from the production run (and airfreighted to the UK) it seems strange that they expect shipping (of the bulk batch) to now take over three months.

G

3 months is quite believable based on the date stamp on the inside of Farish and Bachmann boxes which is up to that length of time on new releases. Suppose there has to be enough products produced to fill a container and do not Bachmann Europe have to pay Kader for them before they are shipped.

3 months is quite believable based on the date stamp on the inside of Farish and Bachmann boxes which is up to that length of time on new releases. Suppose there has to be enough products produced to fill a container and do not Bachmann Europe have to pay Kader for them before they are shipped.

Kader are a huge manufacturer making more than just model trains - I doubt it would take nearly two months to fill a container. And I doubt exporters have to wait to fill a container - surely DJM's odd releases to date haven't been of sufficient volume to fill a whole container. Plus Dave Jones has just quoted 7 weeks for the sea voyage - a little longer than the old oft mentioned 6 weeks - but perhaps it's a slow boat from China.

;-)

G.

Kader are a huge manufacturer making more than just model trains - I doubt it would take nearly two months to fill a container. And I doubt exporters have to wait to fill a container - surely DJM's odd releases to date haven't been of sufficient volume to fill a whole container. Plus Dave Jones has just quoted 7 weeks for the sea voyage - a little longer than the old oft mentioned 6 weeks - but perhaps it's a slow boat from China.

Not if the container is specific for delivery to Barwell, there is also the transit from factory to dockyard to factor in, the wait on the dockyard, and the wait then on board the ship for its actual departure. Take the latest batch of Inspection Saloons, mremag 22 April this year reported them to be currently on the way to the UK. My Blue/Grey one has the date 160114 on the inside of the box end.

Not if the container is specific for delivery to Barwell, there is also the transit from factory to dockyard to factor in, the wait on the dockyard, and the wait then on board the ship for its actual departure. Take the latest batch of Inspection Saloons, mremag 22 April this year reported them to be currently on the way to the UK. My Blue/Grey one has the date 160114 on the inside of the box end.

But you don't know what date is stamped on the inside of the 4MT boxes (or what it refers to). All we know is that they are made and that reviews samples are here. And for the inspection saloons, if mremag reported the their review sample was here end of April and the main batch is now here that is a lot less than three months.

G.

;-)

G.

Hi Grahame,

Did I?

7 weeks door to door......but on the ship? 28 days

Tell me where and I'll, change the typo.

Cheers

Dave

7 weeks door to door......but on the ship? 28 days

Excellent, thanks. So that's even less time and presumably the 7 weeks (door to door) includes all the extra time mentioned such transit from factory to dockyard to factor in, the wait on the dockyard, and the wait then on board the ship for its actual departure, landing clearance times, onward transit in the UK and so on? It sounds like two months before people get to see them is a lot more realistic than three months, although TBH I'm not exactly gagging for a 4MT and it doesn't really matter.

G.

Edited by grahame

Excellent, thanks. So that's even less time and presumably the 7 weeks (door to door) includes all the extra time mentioned such transit from factory to dockyard to factor in, the wait on the dockyard, and the wait then on board the ship for its actual departure, landing clearance times, onward transit in the UK and so on? It sounds like two months before people get to see them is a lot more realistic than three months, although TBH I'm not exactly gagging for a 4MT and it doesn't really matter.

G.

Hi Grahame,

Usually (for me) it works like this.....

1) Production ready, liaise with shipping company for a ship date

2) Ship from factory to port (usually a week to get a truck that's got space to do this including a day for transport to Hong Kong, and also including getting paperwork in place and accepted by all parties and also includes trans shipping to a container.

Also included here is the wait for the ship, and then the loading (in destination order if there are a couple of stops en route).

3) 28 days at sea to either Southampton or Felixstowe, sometimes a day or so longer due to weather en route

4) usually 2 days to unload.

5) a day for de-vanning

6) then 5 or so days to get a truck and ship including arrival at the final destination

In between all this are a couple of variables...... Wind speed at port preventing unloading, and I've known that to cause a 2 day delivery, and.........duty payment at port. If you delay payment your consignment is delayed until you do. Free storage for a week then you get charged for that too on a sliding scale.

That's why I say 6-7 weeks as its a cover all, and gives me wriggle room, but pleases everyone if it's sooner.

However, if you decide to fly the consignment in, it's, by comparison, very expensive, and cuts drastically into your profit margin, when compared to sea shipping.

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Dave

;-)

G.

Straight from the horses mouth:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

The date stamp on the packaging of Bachmann products is the date of production of the model.

I trust this information is of interest to you,

Kind regards

Richard Proudman

Customer Support | Bachmann Europe PLC

The date stamp on the packaging of Bachmann products is the date of production of the model.

It's worth clarifying that the date is in reverse format.

For example today is 11 07 16 so this will appear as 160711 in a box.

Plus CADs of the forthcoming Class 40 with the news that it is now signed off for tooling with a first EP due in August. Without giving away many specifics I was told it promises to be something very special apparently with even greater levels of detail and higher mechanical spec. Next 18 Decoder will mean both sets of lights switchable on DCC for one. 

Also being demo'd was the sound fitted 108 DMU. I had a play using their dynamis setup, and was very impressed by the sound file, but the great news for non DCC convers is that the basic sound also works on DC, From discussions with others in the room we seemed mostly to agree that it was a shame that the first sound release was in BR blue, had it been in green, especially with the usability on DC there appeared many customers! However it has to be acknowledged that they had to start somewhere a body swap with a green one is feasible as chassis are identical - one to explore certainly!

Roy

• RMweb Premium

Plus CADs of the forthcoming Class 40 with the news that it is now signed off for tooling with a first EP due in August. Without giving away many specifics I was told it promises to be something very special apparently with even greater levels of detail and higher mechanical spec. Next 18 Decoder will mean both sets of lights switchable on DCC for one. 

Also being demo'd was the sound fitted 108 DMU. I had a play using their dynamis setup, and was very impressed by the sound file, but the great news for non DCC convers is that the basic sound also works on DC, From discussions with others in the room we seemed mostly to agree that it was a shame that the first sound release was in BR blue, had it been in green, especially with the usability on DC there appeared many customers! However it has to be acknowledged that they had to start somewhere a body swap with a green one is feasible as chassis are identical - one to explore certainly!

Roy

Any pics chaps?

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Not really an update but a moan about 'ETAs' not being shown on the new website, as far as I can see. Maybe I've missed something, in which case please point it out.