LCUT creative

LCUT_creative

Introducing new signal boxes in O gauge

New signal box type is now available in O gauge. Based on the L&CR/LMS Shap Station signal box in its pre plastered over version. It will be coming to OO gauge in next few weeks.

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=B%2070-25R&title=B%2070-25R

forum_B%2070-25R.jpg

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=B%2070-25L&title=B%2070-25L

forum_B%2070-25L.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

All,

Just wanted to summarize my recent purchase from LCUT.  To assist in planning my layout, I wanted to get a couple of the LCUT OO retaining walls and tunnel pieces.  To make sure I could correctly pay for my order (via Paypal), I sent Jakub a quick email on 13 August listing what I was anticipating purchasing.  Here's the timeline:

13 August - Sent inquire listing kits I was interested in and asking for shipping cost to United States

13 August - Received response from Jakub that listed a very reasonable shipping charge and offer to invoice me via Paypal

14 August - I replied to Jakub saying I wanted to purchase the items and asking him to send an invoice

14 August - Jakub emailed me a Paypal invoice

15 August - I made payment

15 August - Jakub sent an email indicating that he had received payment.

I have to say, fantastic customer service!  Even with my little order, Jakub/LCUT immediately answered each of my emails in a friendly way indicating to me that my order was indeed important.  Today (23 August) there was a box in my mailbox from LCUT.  All arrived in great shape and I can't wait to start these kits so that I can continue my layout planning.

Great job LCUT!

Dave

• Like 4

All,

Just wanted to summarize my recent purchase from LCUT.  To assist in planning my layout, I wanted to get a couple of the LCUT OO retaining walls and tunnel pieces.  To make sure I could correctly pay for my order (via Paypal), I sent Jakub a quick email on 13 August listing what I was anticipating purchasing.  Here's the timeline:

13 August - Sent inquire listing kits I was interested in and asking for shipping cost to United States

13 August - Received response from Jakub that listed a very reasonable shipping charge and offer to invoice me via Paypal

14 August - I replied to Jakub saying I wanted to purchase the items and asking him to send an invoice

14 August - Jakub emailed me a Paypal invoice

15 August - I made payment

15 August - Jakub sent an email indicating that he had received payment.

I have to say, fantastic customer service!  Even with my little order, Jakub/LCUT immediately answered each of my emails in a friendly way indicating to me that my order was indeed important.  Today (23 August) there was a box in my mailbox from LCUT.  All arrived in great shape and I can't wait to start these kits so that I can continue my layout planning.

Great job LCUT!

Dave

Dear Dave,

Thank you very much! I am glad I could help you and it arrived safe and sound. Happy Modelling!

Best regards

Jakub

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

LCUT creative: celebrating 5 years with new line of products

In the month of October 2018 we are celebrating 5 years of producing modular laser cut model railway building kits. To celebrate we will be giving gifts with qualifying orders above £50. The gifts are from the new range of toolboxes and storage units we are releasing at the same time.

To learn more click on this link

The new range of toolboxes and storage units:

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=T%2000-00&title=T%2000-00

forum_T%2000-00.jpg

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=T%2000-01&title=T%2000-01

forum_T%2000-01.jpg

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=T%2000-02&title=T%2000-02

forum_T%2000-02.jpg

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=T%2000-03&title=T%2000-03

forum_T%2000-03.jpg

• Like 3

A Happy 5th Birthday !

To you both.

LCUT creative: celebrating 5 years with new line of products

In the month of October 2018 we are celebrating 5 years of producing modular laser cut model railway building kits. To celebrate we will be giving gifts with qualifying orders above £50. The gifts are from the new range of toolboxes and storage units we are releasing at the same time.

To learn more click on this link

The new range of toolboxes and storage units:

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=T%2000-00&title=T%2000-00

forum_T%2000-00.jpg

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=T%2000-01&title=T%2000-01

forum_T%2000-01.jpg

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=T%2000-02&title=T%2000-02

forum_T%2000-02.jpg

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=T%2000-03&title=T%2000-03

forum_T%2000-03.jpg

Edited by David Todd

• 1 month later...

Introducing new LNER signal box in OO gauge

Continuing to expand our signal box range we are introducing an LNER signal box based on the High Dyke signal box. The O gauge version will be launched at the Peterborough show and available for online purchases few days after the show.

forum_B%2000-34.jpg

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=B%2000-34&title=B%2000-34

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I have thanked him privately but also wanted to add another positive post on here to recommend Jakub and his services. I have made a few orders recently and each one has arrived the next working day. On a recent order i read the quoted dimensions on the Lcut website and ordered 27 roof supports. When they arrived they were too big. I queried this with Jakub and he understood how i had misread the site and actually volunteered to custom make the supports to the size I needed. Even those got done in a few days with the Peterborough show in between and with full email communication throughout.

Absolutely brilliant customer service as well as a very clever, useful product range.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Dear L-cut creative

I love your stuff and I just enjoyed the build of a 7mm midland signal box. Parts are fitting very well, I pre-painted window frames and all wooden panels for the corners etc . I painted also the inside (upstairs), as a signal box needs to show a little what is inside... I reinforced the corners in invisible places by using triangular balsa profiles. There is only one point where I am not happy with - the distance between steps. Look at the stairs in the picture in post #282. 6 steps for a height of approximately 2 metres. If you look at pictures of the real thing you will notice that there are 10 or 11 steps. How I worked around is to use the card from the roof variant (which has the same thickness as the stairs) and made steps in-between. I would also use a slightly thinner card for the stairs as the thickness used now corresponds with a little more than 5cm or 2" So my suggestion is to re-think the stairs a little. As I am currently not at home I cannot link a picture of my build but will do that in the evening.

all the best

Vecchio

• RMweb Premium

As said before - see here my modified version. The building will be used on Frimingham, the MKMRS 0-gauge layout.

First without flash

32418114808_10585f182a_b.jpgDSC04951 

31351074867_c589efb5fc_b.jpgDSC04957 

Now with flash

31351076127_f638c3b0b9_b.jpgDSC04955 

For the interior I used etched kits from Severn Model. The lights are my own creation. 

31351077487_e87978a923_b.jpgDSC04954 

Happy modelling!

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

Dear L-cut creative

I love your stuff and I just enjoyed the build of a 7mm midland signal box. Parts are fitting very well, I pre-painted window frames and all wooden panels for the corners etc . I painted also the inside (upstairs), as a signal box needs to show a little what is inside... I reinforced the corners in invisible places by using triangular balsa profiles. There is only one point where I am not happy with - the distance between steps. Look at the stairs in the picture in post #282. 6 steps for a height of approximately 2 metres. If you look at pictures of the real thing you will notice that there are 10 or 11 steps. How I worked around is to use the card from the roof variant (which has the same thickness as the stairs) and made steps in-between. I would also use a slightly thinner card for the stairs as the thickness used now corresponds with a little more than 5cm or 2" So my suggestion is to re-think the stairs a little. As I am currently not at home I cannot link a picture of my build but will do that in the evening.

all the best

Vecchio

Dear Vecchio,

That is absolutely wonderfully done!

Thank you for the feedback on the steps. There is something I can do about it. I have material that is 1mm thick as opposed to 1.4mm. We use it for the O gauge platform paving.

I cannot promise we will be able to rework the staircase any time soon but I will see what I can do.

Lastly its not been published yet but we have the LNER signal box coming to O gauge in next few days (if all goes well today). We have started to produce some 3D printed finals for it and they will also fit the MR signal box. We will be repacking the MR signal boxes to include them as an option as soon as have time to do it.

Would you like to receive some for your MR signal box? If you get in touch with me at contact@lcut.co.uk I will send you some.

Best regards

Jakub

LCUT creative

• Like 1

Introducing new LNER signal box in O gauge

New LNER signal box is now available in O gauge based on the High Dyke signal box. As are all our O gauge signal boxes it is available with stairs either on the left or right side.

forum_B%2070-26L.jpg

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=B%2070-26L&title=B%2070-26L

forum_B%2070-26R.jpg

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=B%2070-26R&title=B%2070-26R

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Dear Vecchio,

That is absolutely wonderfully done!

Thank you for the feedback on the steps. There is something I can do about it. I have material that is 1mm thick as opposed to 1.4mm. We use it for the O gauge platform paving.

I cannot promise we will be able to rework the staircase any time soon but I will see what I can do.

Lastly its not been published yet but we have the LNER signal box coming to O gauge in next few days (if all goes well today). We have started to produce some 3D printed finals for it and they will also fit the MR signal box. We will be repacking the MR signal boxes to include them as an option as soon as have time to do it.

Would you like to receive some for your MR signal box? If you get in touch with me at contact@lcut.co.uk I will send you some.

Best regards

Jakub

LCUT creative

Dear Jakub,

the finals arrived, this was a very quick service!

Many thanks, I will put them on as soon I have time and post a photo. I have to say the original ones were quite delicate so I am happy to upgrade it to the 3D ones. 

By the way the 3D quality is very good. no lines visible.

Many thanks and Merry Christmas!

• 1 month later...

Following the success our new kit designed for younger modellers we will be continuing our partnership with Warner Shows to bring the kit to the London and Peterborough shows. Free to those who purchase advanced children ticket.

Thank you to Warner Shows and all of the visitors for making a great show!

We will be releasing more kits designed for children in the coming months.

weighbridge.jpg

Banner.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Introducing new O gauge signal box

We are delighted to announce we are releasing a new signal box in O gauge. The SR signal box is based on the recently demolished Wool signal box features new details such as finer railings and 3D printed door knobs. This signal box will be available in OO gauge scale in coming months.

Link to B 70-27L

Link to B 70-27R

B 70-27L.jpg

B 70-27R.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 months later...

Introducing new LNER footbridge in OO gauge

After few delays we are happy to announce the LNER footbridge in OO gauge is now ready. Based on the Long Melford in Suffolk in the Eastern region. With this release we now cover footbridges for all of the Big Four in OO gauge.

forum_B%2000-35.jpg

Click here to see B 00-35 LNER footbridge on our website

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 4 weeks later...

Introducing new "My First Layout" kit - station

Continuing to expand our range of "My First Layout" kits we are delighted to introduce a new small railway station. My First Layout kits are designed for the younger and new to modelling offering an easy to assemble, pre coloured kit that will be a great addition to anybody's train set.

Click here to see J 00-01 station on our website

foum_J%2000-01.jpg

• Like 7

• 3 months later...

I feel I must add to the positive feedback already much in evidence for LCUT on here. I’ve ordered from Jakub a few times now and can always rely on a single working day for processing time and then delivery on the following day. The QC is perfect with every item arriving crisply cut and well packed — this really is the standard for small suppliers to aspire to and it’s the kind of service which wins repeat business by being so reliable. Big thumbs up! 

Adam

Edited by Calidore
  • Like 2
  • Agree 6

On 21/01/2020 at 21:55, Calidore said:

I feel I must add to the positive feedback already much in evidence for LCUT on here. I’ve ordered from Jakub a few times now and can always rely on a single working day for processing time and then delivery on the following day. The QC is perfect with every item arriving crisply cut and well packed — this really is the standard for small suppliers to aspire to and it’s the kind of service which wins repeat business by being so reliable. Big thumbs up! 

Adam

Thank you Adam! I am really happy to hear you were happy with the service and parts. As always if there is anything you need from us do not hesitate to get in touch.

Jakub

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I'd share my efforts at a couple of buildings.  These have been languishing for quite some time as I got on with other things.

Single road engine shed (B 70-01):

P1010117.JPG.26398aa8961069cf0bdecf25955a59ac.JPG

P1010118.JPG.1469ed8e5cb4bf2067e24c410c79732f.JPG

My modifications are extensive.  Firstly, I doubt I can make a decent job of painting the bricks and mortar lines so I opted to use Scalescenes brick paper.  Joins are hidden by fudges like corner pillars.

I like the Scalescenes method of roofing using overlapping slate paper strips on a template.  Tedious but a good effect I think.

Interior is faced with SS white brick paper.

Downspout hoppers are from ModelU.  I used brass tube and wire and some plastic strip to complete.

Next the Country Station (B 70-04):

P1010115.JPG.0e6cc07916697ed78c0762255413478c.JPG

P1010116.JPG.ff1b7534c44b4d9fe1f7e36c352e2082.JPG

Much the same techniques as the shed.  I did do an interior using, you guessed it, elements from SS kits.  However, I don't do lights so the interior is just a murky impression.

Let me just add that Lcut kits are a very valuable addition to the modellers toolbox.  Well executed and great value.  There will be a lot on my layout.

John

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Premium

Yet to start any construction so no pics (yet), but I must also mention the  way one can collect a selection of 'parts' to recreate, as near as possible, an actual building that would otherwise have to be scratch built, which is probably beyond my capability. Various wall sections, doors, windows and other bits will create the body shell of Seaton Junction Down Station Building, reference for which I have only one decent photo of one side

Img_0109.jpg.2a51b8f57cb9182585174c4335d30149.jpg

and then some distant images of one end! The roof for this building was really large and overhung the Platform areas to create the cover normally provided by a Canopy. From viewing distance this will allow me to get away with creating the impression of the building rather than a totally accurate representation.

P

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Agree 1