That's the one,is that yours?

I know a place that can do any lettering you need

Hi Russ, 

Yes it it mine now, its my fourth one, ought to stop buying them really.....this one will probably be for spares though, the parts for the dodge are realy hard to find. 

Thanks for the offer of the lettering!

Andy

Nothing else to add except new 1979 and my photo taken as a mobile home in June 96.

Merfyn, thank you for looking, the reg suggests an essex registration, and there is some br lettering uner the many layers of paint!  

Merfyn, thank you for looking, the reg suggests an essex registration, and there is some br lettering uner the many layers of paint!  

DN was a York registration at the time (1979) and was where all E R vehicles were registered.

• 4 weeks later...

Close up of the area, poss Peterborough?

Definitely Peterborough; the shed is typical of many around the country designed to handle large amounts of Sundries traffic (Sheffield, Stoke and Tyneside are others that spring to mind) under the Freight Concentration Scheme. Just after they were built, the government hived off the Sundries traffic to NCL, part of the road-orientated National Freight Corporation.

Definitely Peterborough; the shed is typical of many around the country designed to handle large amounts of Sundries traffic (Sheffield, Stoke and Tyneside are others that spring to mind) under the Freight Concentration Scheme. Just after they were built, the government hived off the Sundries traffic to NCL, part of the road-orientated National Freight Corporation.

Covered it well Brian. Not a lot to add but always an interesting assortment of vehicles to be seen. When built in the late 50s there were a number of internal electric mechanical horses, converted I think from Morrison electric horses with the cab top half removed, OK on a nice day !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I'm on the search for one of these, what are the chances of finding one that hasn't rotted back to nature?

Cheers

Shane

There are still some decent LDV pilots which you could possibly use as a donor shell. You have to have a the original Sherpa Perkins as that is the sound of 80s Britain.

I know a place who will do you the graphics

• Like 1