Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo
- - - - -

Railway Modeller March 2010 has come. (Now updated)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Kits from Somerset

Kits from Somerset

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 13:53

Came in the post today :icon_what: will put content in here later, (unless somebody dose it first)

Had time to open it now.

Railway of the month Peffermill Road EM Edinburgh mid 1960s

Buckingham says farewell Tribute to Revd Peter Denny

The Cartcart Circle Glasgow suberban line for moddeling idears

Nottingham Goods pre grouping S4

IoMR Express vans scale drawings

Lostwithiel OO 1939

Rae Bridge-2 009 gauge

Border hideaway Plan of the Month

Traversers and turntables fiddle yards

Hazelman Road O gauge LM region BR steam.

Bealbridge-West Midlands OO Gauge

Getting started in 009-2 Railway Modelling Explored-1

Coal loads for 21T hoppers Railway Modelling Explored-2

Edited by Mod2, 13 February 2010 - 09:13 .
To include name of mag in title

• Like x 1

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#2 Karhedron

Karhedron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,298 posts
  • LocationBasingstoke (not Westphalia)

Posted 10 February 2010 - 19:50

Quite nice layouts but serious overkill on the 4mm this month. One 7mm article and nothing at all for N gauge. :(

Still, my N gauge Journal arrived today so I will get my fix there.

#3 Dave777

Dave777

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 15:47

Traversers and turntables fiddle yards

Is that article any good? The one in Model Rail last year (or was it the year before) had great photos of how to make it, but nothing on how to wire it... which is surely the trickiest part of the whole process.

#4 shortliner

shortliner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 15:53

Off topic - but in answer to the previous post - feed through the runners - simple and easy!

#5 Taz

Taz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationPlymouth

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:28

Off topic - but in answer to the previous post - feed through the runners - simple and easy!

Indeed, my traverser runs on heavy duty drawer runners from screwfix. They are all metal in construction so I have just fed the layout bus wires through two of them. they didn't take solder easily so I have had to clamp the wires to them.

#6 grahame

grahame

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,086 posts
  • LocationByfleet, an old village of England.

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:47

Quite nice layouts but serious overkill on the 4mm this month. One 7mm article and nothing at all for N gauge.
Still, my N gauge Journal arrived today so I will get my fix there.

Hornby mag seems to have cornered all the N gauge this month with a couple of super layouts. ;)

G.

#7 Mod2

Mod2

• Moderators
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:12

Gents, if I can use this topic to make a suggestion - can we include the name of the mag in the title of the OP for each issue please, not just the month or issue? I appreciate it's in its own area, but when viewing the whole board index, it's not otherwise obvious which mag is being discussed.

Thanks.

#8 Kenton

Kenton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,835 posts
  • LocationWokingham

Posted 13 February 2010 - 18:27

Is that article any good? The one in Model Rail last year (or was it the year before) had great photos of how to make it, but nothing on how to wire it... which is surely the trickiest part of the whole process.

Yes it is quite a good article. Shows two different methods of wiring, one uses the alignment pin to power the connected track. Don't take Model Rail so can't make a comparison.

I have to say that the layouts were stunning again this month. Another subscription renewed.

#9 westerner

westerner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 14:39

Nobody here seems to have mentioned it, but I thought the way Crispin Denny wrote the obituary of his father was outstanding.

#10 Pacific231G

Pacific231G

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 17:45

Nobody here seems to have mentioned it, but I thought the way Crispin Denny wrote the obituary of his father was outstanding.

I read it in Smiths - I'd gone there to see if the March Continental Modeller was in yet as I have an article in it- and found the piece written from the point of view of the directors of the railway rather moving. I hope they're successfull in preserving the layout in situ as it must have been one of the most influential post war layouts. I assume the idea is to turn the house into some kind of museum.

#11 MartinWales

MartinWales

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationSunny Snowdonia

Posted 16 February 2010 - 18:21

Peffermil Road ROTM eh?? Well done Brian!