Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

What about a class 70 special , namely 70099 (now Colas rail 70801) in plain green???

This was brought up during the time of the last club release, they won't do it due to the flush cab sides and additional cooling panel, even though I'm sure they would sell really well in Colas, not so much in the Green IMHO though, I thought it was a bit drab, although it is most unusual..

A pair of GBRf 20's in the orange livery would be different, one dummy, one powered, there are lots of unusual GB 66's to pick from, the MSC boat one, the rainbow one, one of the tube map one's, or how about 66747, 8 or 9 or 750 in the grey or blue euro liveries would be fine.. :sungum: . 

My only negative thought is will they sell though..

Edited by martin_l_jones

..... there are lots of unusual GB 66's to pick from, ....... the tube map one's,.....

I would have expected these from the London Transport Museum by now.

I suppose it could yet happen.

RP

• Like 1

GBRf class 66 in London Tube livery.... well one of them anyway....

Interestingly, I asked the London Transport Museum if they would be doing these, considering the GBRf ones sponcer the museum. They said it was an excellent idea, but due to financial constrains they were watching how the Class 20s sold first. I bough both 20s to help them. Hopefully all sold out now and a lot of us as emailing the museum requesting the Tube 66s, as then they might just commission them!

Interestingly, I asked the London Transport Museum if they would be doing these, considering the GBRf ones sponcer the museum. They said it was an excellent idea, but due to financial constrains they were watching how the Class 20s sold first. I bough both 20s to help them. Hopefully all sold out now and a lot of us as emailing the museum requesting the Tube 66s, as then they might just commission them!

Two weeks ago there was still plenty of both class 20 models available at the LTM.

Edited by petee19

• RMweb Gold

Two weeks ago there was still plenty of both class 20 models available at the LTM.

both!

i bought the red one from them in august and they said they had no more white ones left and i really want one....

off to look on the website or give the shop a call later

edit: nothing showing on the website, will call the shop later

Edited by big jim

both!

i bought the red one from them in august and they said they had no more white ones left and i really want one....

off to look on the website or give the shop a call later

edit: nothing showing on the website, will call the shop later

Did you check both downstairs,and upstairs as Im almost certain they had both on display downstairs when most of the models both rail and buses are upstairs.

Not wanting to knock the staff in the LTM I have often asked about certain books that have recently been published and told they don't  have them only to find them when i have then looked myself.The best person to check with on models is Mike Wilson.

Just received a Collector's Club email from Bachmann where they say that people attending Warley this weekend can get a sneak preview of the new Club products by visiting the Collectors Club stand, A19.  The next club magazine is due (they say) in early December.

Guest spet0114

Just received a Collector's Club email from Bachmann where they say that people attending Warley this weekend can get a sneak preview of the new Club products by visiting the Collectors Club stand, A19.  The next club magazine is due (they say) in early December.

Great!

Will Andy allow folk to post what they see on here, so those of us unable to get to Warley can share in the fun?

Cheers

Adrian

• Like 1

The three wagon pack is to go with S&DJR 4F. They were not available at Warley but I placed an order which I expect to receive later next week.

The idea of a set of wagons to go with a Collectors Club loco worked well with the Grey C Class and I can see no reason why the same will not happen with this set.

I got the impression that there will be a loco next time around, hopefully, of course, steam!

• Like 1

Nope, sorry Phillip, Ixion is the old tooling.

Quite why Bachmann haven't at least announced the flush front peaks with the new tooling is another of life's great mysteries...

Having said that, I recently picked up a factory weathered (yuk!) class 46 D186, and I'm toying with the thought of it becoming 45106 in late 80's 'celebrity' green.

So my guess is that next year the Collectors Club will announce... 45106 in late 80's celebrity green!!

WILLIAM. If indeed that is the case, then why haven't Bachmann released other flush front peaks as part of the standard range?

Do you honestly think that Bachmann or any other mainstream manufacturer would alter the tooling of a model solely to produce a limited edition model, without cashing in on their new tooling by releasing other 'ordinary' locos from it's class in their main range? I think not.

The Modelzone model of Ixion may well have the seam on the nose, but does it have working lights? No.

Another give away is the box. The old type. The new tooled peaks, (of which the first to be released was 45053) came in the current style box.

So it is of the same vintage as the model of Royal Marines which Modelzone also produced, (which also goes for stupid money second hand) ie. the older tooling.

Think there is some confusion over the definition of 'new tooling' here.

I would describe it as the change from the old Mainline model to the Bachmann releases of 45041, Ixion etc. as that was the significant body retooling (albeit the nose seam was missed on the first batch), i.e. not just adding lights. I'm guessing others do too.

There has been a significant revision to the tooling since then too, not just limited to lights being added. I dont know whether the 'previous tooling' which catered for the flush front of which Ixion was one, is compatible with the current ones i.e. 45053, 45120, D186 etc.

Edited by GordonC