Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

• RMweb Premium

Sorry, I meant the Collectors Club Models where it seems OO gets all the locos etc (all be it not this time) and usually N get a obscure coach if we are lucky.

Edited by John M Upton

Sorry, I meant the Collectors Club Models where it seems OO gets all the locos etc (all be it not this time) and usually N get a obscure coach if we are lucky.

You would think the smaller market would be better for runs of limited editions but there we go it's clearly not unless Bachmann are producing stuf people clearly don't want

Thanks

Alan

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest spet0114

Getting towards the time for the next magazine and club model. Anyone care to make a guess as to what we'll receive?

(Remember, this is just a little light-hearted fun. Yes it's froth, but a little froth is acceptable. :))

My guess - either a class 47 (we've seen a few of these delivered recently), or a CC exclusive version of Bachmann's new Thomas range..... :)

Edited by spet0114

• RMweb Premium

As a committed N gauger these days I won't be holding my great for anything exciting in the smaller scale...

Hornby's Thomas license doesn't expire until the end of the year so it will be 2019 before we see a Bachmann version start to appear.

• RMweb Premium

Hornby's Thomas license doesn't expire until the end of the year so it will be 2019 before we see a Bachmann version start to appear.

Have I missed an announcement that Bachmann is taking over the license to produce Thomas and Friends models in the UK? It's current license is for the US, so it cannot sell those models in the UK, whether or not Hornby's license has expired. And if Hornby cannot make it pay, presumably at least in part due to the fee for the license, why would Bachmann want to take the risk? For OO, they would also have to tool for a new range of models to factor in as well. I cannot see the resulting prices being anything like as low as Hornby's and we say they're too high.

• RMweb Premium

There has been no announcement, only assumption that Bachmann will bring their already in production US Thomas range to the UK.

The Hornby licence will run to the end of the year to allow the disposal of remaining stock and any replacement Thomas supplier announcement won't be for a while yet.

Edited by John M Upton

• RMweb Gold

I'll go to the 'standard response'....

"Froth? Here, on RMweb? Froth? Never!"....

Given the expiry of Hornby TTTE licence, there is nothing to assume that Bachmann, or any other producer, will jump in their grave. Diminishing market, changing demographic, that sort of thing...

Bachmann could make a lovely little tool riding van, just to partner the Ransomes crane.

Cheers,

Ian.

• RMweb Gold

What’s the rush, who else beside Bachmann could do TTTE ?

I’m sure Thomas’s sales team are beating on Bachmanns door with an “expansion oppourtunity”, equally Bachmann can afford to be cool and say there less interested to beat down a price knowing there’s no competition.

Of course just because the ugly duckling left the building, doesn’t mean it couldn’t waddle back in again, returning the license could be a way for Hornby to negotiate down the license too, if Bachmann are too cool.

These things can back fire, I recall 20 years ago a freshly overhauled Barry wreck was subject to negotiations on underwriting financial value. As they couldn’t agree they agreed to advertise it for sale and see what offers were submitted by way of finding a market valuation.. the response was none.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

No rush for me old chap. I was merely commenting on 'froth' on RM web.

Quite frankly I couldn't give a tinkers cuss who, or whom, makes TTTE. For all I know, the local Chinese takeaway is knocking out Thomas stuff. I considered my post was pertinent to the discussion, and to the point. One thing I do know is that Bachmann have a nice knack of releasing slightly obscure models to partner recent releases. One classic example being the brake van to partner the GCR ROD.

Have a nice weekend.

Ian.

• RMweb Gold

November 2014 : sealink BSK / SK

March 2015: Set of 3 GCR wagons

June 2015 : 20172 + Mk1 BSK Pullman livery

September 2015 : E4 Birch Grove

November 2015 : class 08 Spectre

March 2016 : 45506 + Intercity BSK

June 2016 : 37706 + 2 WCR Pullman’s

September 2016 : NCB brake van

November 2016 : xp64 class 47

March 2017 : Mountsorrel wagon

June 2017 : 75xxx

Sept 2017 : Railfreight van

Jan 2018: WW1 munitions tanker

March 2018: Warley NEC wagons

I wonder what we get in June this year, it’s been a bit of a wagonfest of late.

• Like 1

There must be a batch of Class 37's due fairly soon in June/July ... it wouldn't be difficult to add a collectors club model onto a production run and Class 37s would offer quite a range of options

• RMweb Gold

There must be a batch of Class 37's due fairly soon in June/July ... it wouldn't be difficult to add a collectors club model onto a production run and Class 37s would offer quite a range of options

I’m betting on it, there was 10 central Headcode ones announced, 9 split head code versions...

So if I were a betting man i’d guess it’s a split box 37... 37012 Loch Rannoch in Blue with white stripe i’d like.

• Like 2

What would delight me would be a set of three SE&CR Birdcages with different set and running numbers. With the three already produced, it would create a decent length of train to go with the Wainwright D, which no-one has announced yet.  :jester: