Hattons does it again

oldknotty

I placed an order with hattons several months ago for the Heljan class 14 teddy bear . I got a couple of emails saying that is was due and then it had arrived. There was a bit of a problem with my card not being up to date so hattons emailed me to let me know there was a problem . I asked if hattons was the one sending me the request via their web page to be sure it was not spam or phishing !! Well at around 10 am our time ( Norwood Ohio USA ) I got a personal phone call from hattons to verify that it was them that asked and i had a pleasant conversation with a lady there and got my order squared away . Not long after i got a verification email for my order . Now one wonders why i always buy from them !!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is a no brainer and all this on a Sunday morning !! THAT'S WHAT I CALL SERVICE :-)

Martin

• RMweb Premium

^^^

I had pre-ordered a 4CEP from Hattons and in the meantime my credit card had to be changed. I got the same email and I spoke to the same nice lady ( can't remember her name ) on the phone and told her the new details. It arrived 2 days later.

I have always had excellent service from Hattons over the past 20 odd years.

I've used Hattons for longer than any other model shop from when I was dragged there with my Father in the early 1990s (in the old treasure-trove of a shop that Norman used to have). Even on the days when he was having an off day, it was still a rewarding trip and I loved going there.

My most recent experience was an order for a loco and several wagons. They arrived in less than 24 hours, with an email confirmation for the order being placed, another for being processed and finally one for when it was despatched. Great customer service.

I had my visit to Hattons in 1968 at the tender age of 14 - showing my age now ! My mum had to take me as she did not think I'd be OK in the big city on my own.....

Been back many times since, bought many bargains and assorted second hand junk as well as some real gems including a scratch built Spanish 0-8-0 and a Tenshodo 0-6-0t with the aftermarket superdetail kit and Walshart's valve gear.

I well remember there was a pair of real Liverpudlian sisters who worked there for many years in the 80's -I always used to enjoy chatting up and flirting with the elder one , though her sister was prettier, we shared a common interest in dogs.

Only been to the new shop a few times, when I was buying vast quantities of Peco track for the last but one layout, but have got a few things mail order off them over the years and they have always been very efficient.

Tom

I well remember there was a pair of real Liverpudlian sisters who worked there for many years in the 80's -I always used to enjoy chatting up and flirting with the elder one , though her sister was prettier, we shared a common interest in dogs.

LOL, that sounds like a rather un-PC one-liner!

Have been buying from hattons for four years - recently bought a very expensive model which on opening was found to be badly damaged. Rang and explained - sent it back, and refund was given the same day. Superb service, even when it does occasionally go wrong. I have since bought a plethora of cheap railroad wagons from them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hattons gave me a pleasant surprise today. The other week I noticed that the 9 sections of Peco Code55 flexi-track I had ordered from them were in fact Code 80. The big issues here were the order was placed last July and I had just cut up one section to lay on my baseboard up before noticing the problem!! After a quick call to them they said no problem, send the remaining 8 pieces back and they'd replace them. They honoured the return and today, I got 9 replacements, completely FOC. That's great customer service in my book. B)

• 1 month later...
Guest railways

I love Hattons too it has saved me well over 20 pounds, I know that does not sound a lot be for a 12 year old child it is 2 months of savings and that is in an order of only 100 pounds. I'm mystified about how they do it! :blink:

I know that does not sound a lot be for a 12 year old child 

PM sent.

[Edit - response received and I'm more than happy for 'railways' to continue to use the site.]

And Hattons does it again! Ordered goods Saturday, got usual computer generated message that

order had been received. Tuesday lunchtime (after Bank Holiday Monday) received email telling

me order had been picked and posted. Lunchtime Wednesday I received the goods (1st class Post).....

just excellent! Well done, Hattons! ( and Royal Mail too).

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just placed another order with Hattons and I must say the service and responses to emails are phenomenal . Considering i am 4000 miles away I feel like I am at a neighborhood hobby shop :-))

martin

I hate to rain on your parade, Martin, but at the present time, the chances of your order leaving the UK are really quite limited, due to the Iceland volcano. That's not Hattons's fault, of course, but don't expect the parcel too soon this time!

I ordered some stuff yesterday from Hattons, not really expecting them to arrive until next week. Imagine my surprise when the postie brought them to the door this morning first thing. That is the fastest I have ever seen from any mail order operation!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One reason I like ordering from Hattons is that it all comes in 'old school' brown paper and string. My mum saw one of the parcels once and said she felt compelled to order something from them, just to get a nicely wrapped parcel!

+1 for Hattons.

HI..

It's always a joy to place an order with Hattons. It take about 7-10 day for the order to arrive (Australia) but it's always well packed and it's heap.

Plus the brown paper and string lets you know your trains are here.

2+ for hattons.

sTUART IN oz

Sorry to throw in a negative but they have been over charging service personnel based overseas on the postage. I queried this with Hattons a few weeks ago and they said they'd change it, but the website still shows it as £5 instead of £4.

The BFPO postage costs from Royal Mail are the same as posting to a UK location (something the government have got right), so why should Hattons charge more??? :angry:

Archived