Hattons does it again

oldknotty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Asked Hornby the following question on 4 July .....Does the Railroad Midland Compound have pick-up on the tender wheels or just on the drive wheels?

Reply received today 17 July.....Thank you for your e-mail and apologies for the time taken to respond to you. If you can please confirm the product code of the locomotive (RXXXX) we will be happy to look into this further for you.

Sent same enquiry today to Hattons and within 15 minutes received this...Thank you for your enquiry. This loco has pick-upon both the tender and drive wheels. I hope this answers your question, but if you require any information, please get in touch with us again.

Brilliant service!!

July 10 02:00 Hrs Order placed, confirmed accepted

July 10 06:50 Hrs Order processed

July 11 10:58 Hrs Order picked and packed

July 16 14:30 Hrs Order arrived on my doorstep - 9,140 miles away!

And, what really does my head in, that this order (for a couple of boxes of flex track) cost only £9 more to come DHL signed for, insured, than it would have if I had chosen Royal Mail Surface, Uninsured, Untracked, three-month transit... and was still less than 50% of what I would pay if I went to the city and bought it from one of the hobby shops down here.

Bravo, Hattons.

• RMweb Premium
July 10 02:00 Hrs Order placed, confirmed accepted

July 10 06:50 Hrs Order processed

July 11 10:58 Hrs Order picked and packed

July 16 14:30 Hrs Order arrived on my doorstep - 9,140 miles away!

Excellent service for such a distance. Hattons usually manage to get stuff to me in 10 - 14 days when I specify Royal Mail (air - not signed for) and a little longer if the nominally faster City Link option is chosen. Transit times once shipped are of course beyond their control. My current order was placed on 6th July, acknowledged within 10 minutes, picked and packed within the hour and nothing has been heard of it since. It's coming via City Link as on this occasion the difference in shipping cost was significant which it usually isn't. It'll turn up sometime later this year. Probably routed via Switzerland and New Zealand again as has happened several times before!

Received my latest order today, 20.07., after being despatched regular Air Mail, 11.07. at 15:53.

Also, when I picked the parcel off my front porch, I noticed yellow "Canada Customs" tape on the box, must be a very slow day at Canada Customs if they have to verify the contents of a Hattons parcel.

Cheers.

Andy

• RMweb Premium

The order placed 6th July arrived today and in a Hattons box not a Swiss mail bag! Not a bad time - and rather good by recent City Link standards - though it arrived along with a package from Kernow MRC ordered 8 days later and sent via Royal Mail.

• RMweb Premium

Also noted elsewhere. It's not been a good day in paradise with the Kernow site also the innocent victim of a hosting upgrade and offline for a day or so - it's back up now.

• RMweb Gold

it is back but still not right. I use the era function to find product and it isn't right at all. Products missing, eras missing etc... The site hasn't been right since it first went down for an update.

for those not on facebook the following was posted by hattons at about 1pm

Apologies to anyone who has experienced problems with our website over the last couple of days. We've been working hard to get the issue resolved and the problem has now been fixed. Some people may experience the occasional problem but these will be taken care of as the updates filter to your ISPs. And extra apologies for not posting this message sooner while we've been busy sorting it out. Hope you can all use the website ok now

• 5 years later...

Dont know whats going on with hattons

it seems to be hit an miss lately

sometimes updated, sometimes not  ? { pre owned section }

plus when it is , it is kind of confusing , as per the following .

http://www.hattons.co.uk/320729/Bachmann_Branchline_32_953DC_HR02_Standard_class_4MT_2_6_0_76036_BR2B_tender_early_emblem_51A_Darlington_shed_plat/StockDetail.aspx

Turns out its not DCC Fitted

i miss the good old days when hattons updated the preowned section every morning at 9am

hope they get things fixed

Archived