Heljan GWR 47xx Night Owl

Hilux5972

• RMweb Gold

That's probably a 22' train length, so your wallet is presumably already drained of vital force by the building of the room to take the layout that can realistically accomodate running it? At least the model will pull them, on the indication of the O2.

If there isn't 22' available, the cunning plan is to put the unavailable types in the rear part of the train which has necessarily been omitted. Pending rectifying the situation with kit or scratch built vehicles of course.

You are correct. My retirement present is a railway room just for me.  There will be Rule 1. Well, lots of Rule 1's, actually.

S.C. Rooge.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

That's probably a 22' train length, so your wallet is presumably already drained of vital force by the building of the room to take the layout that can realistically accomodate running it? At least the model will pull them, on the indication of the O2.

If there isn't 22' available, the cunning plan is to put the unavailable types in the rear part of the train which has necessarily been omitted. Pending rectifying the situation with kit or scratch built vehicles of course.

If you put the missing ones at the front of train, there'd be an awkward gap....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I am nearing with compleation on mine (PDK kit) which is also being finished as 4707, hopefully it should stand up well against the Heljan model once I have finished it.  Of course the fact that I have chosen the same loco as Heljan (in the same livery) people will just assume its RTR (so long as the paint finish is up to scratch!)    I just have the slide bars and electrics left to build, along with buying some more paint.   Certainly plenty of options out there if anyone would prefer to build rather than buy.

blogentry-54-0-05136000-1518077703.jpeg

• Like 7

Presence is certainly something it has in spades, I suspect despite their limited use the Heljan model ought to sell in bucket loads as it just looks so impressive.

Just so long as it works properly and doesn't shed small parts and connecting rods too readily!

• 2 weeks later...

Advert in this months RM saying these are going to stockists. If that runs to the same timetable as the 1366 tanks am hopeful we might see these in 6-8 weeks. Am thinking this means they are leaving China but have only ever bought the 1366 tanks from them so I’m not sure and may be guessing. Anyone have any ideas? Hattons are saying Jan- Mar 2018.

Edited by ndg910