Severn Models - Buildings Kits in Etched Brass

severn

• RMweb Gold

I like it - a nice busy scene you have there.

Would you mind if I use one of the pics on my website gallery? I can do a picture credit if you would like one, or leave anon at your choice.

No problem at all. Happy for credit if you think its due!

Ian

• 4 months later...

A few new kits are now available - these two are for the 7mm / O gauge modellers.

First up is the signal box lever set, and a stove to go with it. So now at long last I have signal box interior kits in 2, 4 and 7mm scales!

7mm kits :

med_gallery_23208_3492_5093.jpg

med_gallery_23208_3492_117498.jpg

med_gallery_23208_3492_57713.jpg  sml_gallery_23208_3492_218820.jpg

• Like 14

Bringing scale down a bit, new kits for N / 2mm modellers -

Kit N25 : extra garden detailing with cold frames, compost bins, water troughs, pots, and work benches.

Each item folds from a single piece of brass, no glue/solder needed on this one.

(The benches are sized to fit inside the allotment sheds of kit N13, so they look better with the door open).

med_gallery_23208_3492_23536.jpg

Here combined with the sheds kit N13, and a few tools from kit N21, to make the tidiest allotments ever! 

med_gallery_23208_3492_171910.jpg

• Like 15

• 6 months later...

I have not had a lot of opportunity for making new kits recently, but hopefully will get some new ones going in the new year.

In the meantime, here is a catch-up of two kits I have not posted here before.

Plenty of time left for christmas post if you need a project over the festive season, in between turkey sandwiches :)

http://www.severnmodels.com

Both kits shown here are for 2mm / N layouts

Coal mine headgear, kit N26

med_gallery_23208_3492_384407.jpg

med_gallery_23208_3492_64992.jpg

and possibly the worlds smallest deckchairs?  Kit N23B

sml_gallery_23208_3492_44825.jpg  sml_gallery_23208_3492_214714.jpg

sml_gallery_23208_3492_42204.jpg

• Like 1

Loving the Pit Headgear kit. 

What are the chances of you making just the sheave wheels, axles & bearings only, in 4mm scale ?

Stu

If there are another dozen folks out there who want the same type / size / detail, then its possible, certainly.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Some new kits just out for 4mm / OO modellers, two sidings buildings, good for workshops, storage or maybe an office.

Brass etch components, I have glued these together with superglue, or you can solder if you like.

med_gallery_23208_3492_890758.jpg

med_gallery_23208_3492_1163100.jpg

And this little scene contains two kits at 7mm - the drawing board and filing cabinet :

med_gallery_23208_3492_296420.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

The stores look great - any chance they could come in brick? I am really looking for a type of building that would be suitable for stables (a couple of shunting horses). Also, any luck on the 4mm range of office furniture? 

Ian

Hi,

Have the necessary other folks requested this ?

Pretty please ?

Stu

I'm afraid its only you at the moment Stu. A chap did ask at a show, but I think he departed before I could offer to take contact details for if it went ahead.

The stores look great - any chance they could come in brick? I am really looking for a type of building that would be suitable for stables (a couple of shunting horses). Also, any luck on the 4mm range of office furniture? 

Ian

Hi Ian, I plan to do a small stable block at 4mm fairly soon - part of my summer batch of new kits, which also includes getting the office furniture done too. Hopefully by the start of the 'exhibition season' in September there will be several new kits on the shelf.

Edited by severn
  • Like 2

Some new kits just out for 4mm / OO modellers, two sidings buildings, good for workshops, storage or maybe an office.

Brass etch components, I have glued these together with superglue, or you can solder if you like.

med_gallery_23208_3492_890758.jpg

med_gallery_23208_3492_1163100.jpg

These corrugated huts look amazing! Will they also be appearing in N?

I'll be adding allotments to my layout at some point soon, so an order for your existing sheds and garden equipment will be coming soon. The bigger sheds look like they'd be a good addition to the back street scene where the allotments meet the back of a row of cottages.

Justin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A few new kits now available :

Deckchairs have been available for 2mm/N for a while, but now they are also for 4mm/OO too, each folds from a single piece of brass. Roll the seat bit over a dowel or a scriber, then fold down the legs and cross rails. Instruction drawings included.

med_gallery_23208_3492_68757.jpg

sml_gallery_23208_3492_32520.jpg

Also at 4mm, a brick built stables kit. This was on my list for a long time, but finally its done :)

med_gallery_23208_3492_19223.jpg

• Like 16

Thanks Ian, here's the colour method on those bricks, I'm still using the Games Workshop range of Citadel acrylics :

A couple of thin coats of white primer (aerosol can)

Paint all the bricks including in the mortar lines with Skrag Brown (its a fairly bold orangey brown bricky sort of colour)

Pick out odd random bricks in 3 other colours : deathclaw brown, baneblade brown, and rakarth flesh.

Paint the bottom 2 courses and bricks over doors arches and windows in gorthor brown.

At this point it looks rather clean, bold and bright, but all that changes with the next bit.

Wash a very dilute brown ink over one side at a time, leaving that side horizontal while the ink dries. The ink clings in the mortar lines.

Once all 4 sides are done once, go again with the ink wash in random places, especially low down near the ground.

When its all very dry, a few bits of drybrushing with a few shades of grey and brown to catch edges and corners.

• RMweb Gold

Thank you for the hints/tips! You make it sound so easy!!!! 

I have some Citadel colours so will see what I have. If not, I have lots of other enamels/acrylics to choose from which will be similar shades.

Much appreciated and looking forward to making it.

Ian

• RMweb Premium

I just love the names of those colours - I recall they had one called 'Snot Green' !!

Just found a very useful colour chart that includes new and old 'Citadel' colours and also shows equivalents for those who use 'Vallejo Model Colours'

See here   https://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart