Finescale Review No 2

Sparta-rb

BB's contents listing in the OP does not mention John A Gardner's S7 F5 build of the Big Jim kit with working radial axles which is mentioned in the magazine review on MREMag - it would be more than helpful if a FULL contents listing was given and also a page/picture count to give an idea as to whether it's worth purchasing - especially since it cannot be browsed on a newsagent's shelf.

In fact that should be a 'golden rule' for all of the magazine announcements.

So more info about this particular article if someone could please oblige.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Having inadvertantly appeared on page 56 of Issue 2, it occurs to me that it's about time someone asked Mr Harrap to compose an article on his backscene policy.... you know the sort of thing - where you can buy blank, white aprons, how to print the backscene photo on them, best ways of securing the apron to one's person, how to stand when wearing the backscene apron at an exhibition...

Seriously, though, superb start for this new magazine. Being the 'completist' that I am, and having bought the first 2 issues individually, I can see that a subscription is the only cure...!

Having inadvertantly appeared on page 56 of Issue 2, it occurs to me that it's about time someone asked Mr Harrap to compose an article on his backscene policy.... you know the sort of thing - where you can buy blank, white aprons, how to print the backscene photo on them, best ways of securing the apron to one's person, how to stand when wearing the backscene apron at an exhibition...

Seriously, though, superb start for this new magazine. Being the 'completist' that I am, and having bought the first 2 issues individually, I can see that a subscription is the only cure...!

Backscenes. Bah. Wait until you see the next one. Baron

• 1 month later...

I give way to no one in my respect for Norman Solomon - he's brilliant. But I must confess to being dazzled by Brian's trackwork ever since I saw the amazing triple-gauge spaghetti on the original ZOB many years ago (I think at Philip Hall's show at Egham). It was nuts, but in the best possible way.

Bob B

• 3 weeks later...

Great magazine bu a couple of gripes about the website: I decided to catch up by buying issues 2 & 3 and was nearly stung for an extra £1.30 compared to buying them singly, due to the postage options available. I would happily pay £6.50 ea., post free, for any number of issues.

Also, the shopping cart does not get emptied once the order is placed. I nearly bough two copies of one issue :)

Archived