Bachmann Class 37 Variations

wirey33

I keep reading in various places about Bachmann's Class 37 bodies and the "errors" that have been issued over the years. The "veranda" over the doors, the "fat noses" etc.

Can someone clarify what these errors are (with photos if possible) and to which bodyshells thay apply to?

It's hard enough trying to pick your way through the minefield of detail differences like welded v rivetted roofs, Vulcan v RSH grills, refurbished v un-refurbished etc. without adding incorrect shaped bodies into the mix !!!

OTTOMH

Veranda over doors

37431 (also wrong lower bodyside colour)

Fat noses and gouge in bodyside under the cantrail grilles

D6801

D6984

Headcode box at wrong height and and wrong shape to bottom of nose 

D6826

The front cab windows of the 37 are wrong on all models as far as I can tell, as is the shape/size of the tumblehome.

Just the ones I can remember.  The Bachmann 37 has been a farcical series of errors, corrections and introduction of new errors.  You would have thought they would have got it right by now, but no.  So frustrating when we know that they are capable of producing good models when they try.  I'm hoping that the headcode 24 doesn't join the list of cock ups and puts right the faults of the skinhead version.

As well as the porch the, 1st Release had numerous other issues including too small nose end doors, poor roof panel fit. Inaddition to the list put up by D6975, they also released 37429 in RR colours. 

The second release with the Skirts was much better, again as D6975 has mentioned the headcode boxes are in the wrong place on the centre box version and the skirts at the bottom of the nose were wrong. The skirts is an easy fix, I posted some pictures in a thread in the class 37 group section.

The curent version is probably the most passable except the overlong nose that affects 37034 and D6801 among others.

All versions can be improved by:

- Shawplan EE fan grilles/ fans

- Shawplan EE window surrounds and laserglaze.

- Adding the detail around the underframe tanks and cutting the recessed corner of the tanks out

- Narrowing the bogie frames

- Adding a speedo cable to the number 2 end bogie on the drivers side.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

And the current. Crop is coming in for criticism.

Apparently 37254 in Dutch has the ' trench ' below the contrail grilles

All the latest Centre Box 37/0's have this "trench" and they all incorrectly have the early bodyside boiler filler hatch and extra steps also ..................

Archived